Hillsboro Football

SADSR

What is the word on the Hillsboro Football Program. J.T. Moore is still sending athletes to the Boro. Aydelott built a winner, Blade beat Maryville, now what. I know they have struggled the last two years, but does anyone know what the outlook is for this program. Have not heard, would appreciate any update. I did notice that Aaron Bryant signed with TSU, good luck to him and the rest of the matador, boro nation.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to sound mean or hateful but I'm just glad Oak RIdge has Blade and not you. Sorry. He sure has turned our program around... though.

I just don't think many of us are ready to get into it hot and heavy yet. Plus I don't think anybody really knows anything either! Most of the ones talking and saying they are stating facts are just woofing!!!

I agree, Blade did wonders for Hillsboro, he came in, lost a state title, missed one by a field goal, and then beat Maryville, pretty good for one who was not a metro insider. Seems like he knew what he was doing. I was not happy to see him leave, but OR got a great coach. I believe that he was only 1 game, maybe two from being back in the title game this past season. How many coaches in metro or tn can say they have played for 1 state championship.

I agree, Blade did wonders for Hillsboro, he came in, lost a state title, missed one by a field goal, and then beat Maryville, pretty good for one who was not a metro insider. Seems like he knew what he was doing. I was not happy to see him leave, but OR got a great coach. I believe that he was only 1 game, maybe two from being back in the title game this past season. How many coaches in metro or tn can say they have played for 1 state championship.

Overton ,Pearl-Cohn,Whites Creek,Glencliff, Maplewood, and Hillsboro.

Not really, just wondering what people are thinking about Hillsboro given all of the success over the last 15 years and the state of the program over the last couple of years. The move from the top of the mountain to the bottom is usually hard, but I don't believe the talent has dropped off. J.T. Moore is still winning city championships, but that is not translating to success at the High School Level, and wanted to know what people who are in the know thought about the situation. Has the administration changed? Is it Coaching? Leadership? etc. / With all of the opinions on CoachT it seems to me that silence still seems to be golden. In other words, lack of discussion on the topic would mean that there is nothing more to say, but I have been wrong before!!! Believe it or not!

Not really, just wondering what people are thinking about Hillsboro given all of the success over the last 15 years and the state of the program over the last couple of years. The move from the top of the mountain to the bottom is usually hard, but I don't believe the talent has dropped off. J.T. Moore is still winning city championships, but that is not translating to success at the High School Level, and wanted to know what people who are in the know thought about the situation. Has the administration changed? Is it Coaching? Leadership? etc. / With all of the opinions on CoachT it seems to me that silence still seems to be golden. In other words, lack of discussion on the topic would mean that there is nothing more to say, but I have been wrong before!!! Believe it or not!

Here is the reason. The last two coaches did not discipline the team like the coach that is there now. Players were allowed to get by with more than they are now. I am not saying they were wrong,they just had a different level of discipline. The coach that is there now holds the players to greater expectations and has suspended players for violations and kept them out of games. If winning is the most important thing, some coaches will let things go unpunished. To compare middle school kids to high school is not fair. When a boy gets in high school, their social life can get in the way.Also Hills boro is in a much more competitive region now.

Edited by fb247

I noticed he mentioned competition, and competition is just that, I don't care who you are, or where you play. If Maryville won 74 straight, why didn't Franklin, Brentwood, or anyone else for that matter in middle tn. play Maryville on an open date. I am sure they were looking for opponents. As with all programs that win,

unless you have to play them, most choose not too. That is just my guess. But if you want to make excuses, I hear they are like other body parts, everybody has them, or can make them. Hello! Is anybody listening????????????