Top Players in 12A?

liveNplay4him

Let's look at this "discussion" from a different angle...

Assuming that Rice, Rhodes and Clifton were possibly the contenders for MVP...if you remove each of them from their respective teams, which team would be favored to win the district? Or better yet, put these 3 in a 3 team round robin and who comes out on top?

All 3 teams lose their leading scorer but WC and PC lose their biggest scoring threat, and most importantly, the focus of the opposing team's defense. Clifton is very valuable to Summertown but he is not overwhelmingly their leading scorer and is not always the focus of the opposing team's defensive plan. Also, I would guess that Rice and Rhodes have probably led their teams in scoring more times than Clifton has lead Summertown.

Summertown has shown that they can win without Clifton(see victory over WC). WC and PC would struggle to be above average minus Rice and Rhodes.

Low class? Degrading? The only thing I'm pointing out ARE facts. YOU'RE the one getting your panties in a wad!! Nothing I can do about that.

What do you want me to do? Praise your boy? He's a pretty good player, but NOT deserving of MVP.

Sounds like YOU'RE the one involved in the politics of the voting procedures by pointing out your knowlege of the voting results!! Is this public knowledge or insider info you've got there buddy?? I only state that Clifton is back to back winner bc this has already been posted on the boards. I don't believe they have yet officially announced results?? Maybe next time you will be able to convice ONE more coach to vote for YOUR BOY!!

Sincerely,

OBAMASMAMA

You hear me "Buddy". Low class. Dont need any praise from you, it would not mean anything. Dont get involved in politics or voting. Dont know any results, just my best guess of how the coaches would vote based on how each one fared against each team. Since you are obviously a moron..I will state it again S-L-O-W-L-Y. The three for CONSIDERATION are Clifton, Rhodes, Rice. I THINK (but dont know)That Clifton will win it by a very narrow margin, but would not be suprised if it ended in a 3 way tie. This is all I will say...we have a championship to win.

You hear me "Buddy". Low class. Dont need any praise from you, it would not mean anything. Dont get involved in politics or voting. Dont know any results, just my best guess of how the coaches would vote based on how each one fared against each team. Since you are obviously a moron..I will state it again S-L-O-W-L-Y. The three for CONSIDERATION are Clifton, Rhodes, Rice. I THINK (but dont know)That Clifton will win it by a very narrow margin, but would not be suprised if it ended in a 3 way tie. This is all I will say...we have a championship to win.

It just simply kills you to admit that not only is Clifton the best player in 12A, but you also won't admit that you already know exactly how the voting went.

All you wanna do is get into a pissing match, but ANY NON-BIASED person (such as myself) can EASILY see that Clifton is a special player.

The mention of "class" is laughable. I'll leave it at that.

I'll give you ONE thing. The other two players you mentioned will probably finish 2/3 in the voting. Solid.

HAVE A GOOD 'UN BUDDY!

Let's look at this "discussion" from a different angle...

Assuming that Rice, Rhodes and Clifton were possibly the contenders for MVP...if you remove each of them from their respective teams, which team would be favored to win the district? Or better yet, put these 3 in a 3 team round robin and who comes out on top?

All 3 teams lose their leading scorer but WC and PC lose their biggest scoring threat, and most importantly, the focus of the opposing team's defense. Clifton is very valuable to Summertown but he is not overwhelmingly their leading scorer and is not always the focus of the opposing team's defensive plan. Also, I would guess that Rice and Rhodes have probably led their teams in scoring more times than Clifton has lead Summertown.

Summertown has shown that they can win without Clifton(see victory over WC). WC and PC would struggle to be above average minus Rice and Rhodes.

FINALLY, someone who can come and have fair arguments for discussion! Others can only say "so and so is good!" without giving true basketball knowledge.

The question you bring up is a good one. Here's my thoughts:

- WC would be MUCH worse without Rice. He's their go-to scorer and the team usually goes how he goes.

- PC would still be pretty darn good without Rhodes. They've got the best all around team IMO. Rhodes just happens to shoot the most, therefore score the most, therefore get the most recognition.

- Summertown is solid without Summertown. They got other good guard play. But NO WAY they are as dynamic a team without Clifton.

People keep bringing up scoring. The crazy thing is that Clifton's best attribute is his PASSING ability. He's able to get up court and get easy baskets all day long. You can't put a value on that with your PG.

Others keep bringing up the fact that WC beat Summertown by 41. Keep in mind we're talking about basketball. Summertown lives and dies by the 3. They had an off shooting night. It's called a fluke game.

Summertown beating WC without Clifton, a lot of that can be traced back to coaching. Trotter is one heck of a coach and he probably game planned around shutting down Rice.

My MVP voting: 1. Clifton 2. Rice 3.......the rest.

ok, the voting is in fact in and has been confirmed to me by a Stown coach the Clifton did in fact win MVP. Keep in mind that every game after the Beech tourny he played with a bad ankle, bad enouh to end up in a boot with possible torn ligaments.

As for Rice, I didnt like theay he BEGGED officials to bail him out Friday when he was being face guarded at half court and hand checked. best player-clifton

best shooter-cannon rhodes

best rebounder-wright, tucker

best defender-#32 Summertown

best coach-trotter, willard

obmamma, you must have quit taking your meds, because your out of your mind.

vchris as for coach of the year, it's coach Haston, Rookie head coach, #1 team 12a and soon to win 12a tourny.

You must've not paid attention in school because you CAN'T SPELL, and your grammar is VERY poor!

Guess it's that good ol' Perry County edumacation!! lmfao!!

Coach Haston for coach of the year??? A retard could've coached PC to #1 team in the district this year! They are BY FAR the most talented OVERALL team!!

Hate to break the news to ya, but the best players aren't always the best coaches!! But I guess ya'll got a problem keeping coaches down there because you can't keem em away from the cheerleaders!! LMFAO!!!

You must've not paid attention in school because you CAN'T SPELL, and your grammar is VERY poor!

Guess it's that good ol' Perry County edumacation!! lmfao!!

Coach Haston for coach of the year??? A retard could've coached PC to #1 team in the district this year! They are BY FAR the most talented OVERALL team!!

Hate to break the news to ya, but the best players aren't always the best coaches!! But I guess ya'll got a problem keeping coaches down there because you can't keem em away from the cheerleaders!! LMFAO!!!

Its easy to take cheap shots at people when no one knows who you are! :roflol:

• Upvote 1