Top Players in 12A?

liveNplay4him

This thread has gotten out of control and is completely unnecessary anyway.

These kind of threads are usually started by someone thats looking for a paticular name.

We may not agree on who we think is #1 but we all do agree on the leaders.

Therefore can't we can all respectfully agree to disagree?

This thread has gotten out of control and is completely unnecessary anyway.

These kind of threads are usually started by someone thats looking for a paticular name.

We may not agree on who we think is #1 but we all do agree on the leaders.

Therefore can't we can all respectfully agree to disagree?

My Idea for this topic was to get lists and discussions of the best players in the district. I see alot of 12A games but wanted to see what people think. This would require different peoples oppinions which would get different results. So lets get un-personal and get back to the topic please..

as for the MVP? to me it means what it stands for Most Valuable Player.. meaning who is the most important player to thier team. So i go with the take a player from a team and see what they do kind of guy. Obviously after the S'town Waynesboro game Clifton does not fit this mold. with him S'town finishes 3rd in the district, without him they will be 1st or 2nd.. He is a GOOD player. but wiothout him there it left alot of possesions and shots for other players. And those players were able to get the job done. Again Clifton is a really GOOD single A player, however not an MVP in my view of the award. I feel if you take Rice away from Waynesboro they are coming to the games to cheer on thier girls instead of Lorreto. He creates 70% of their scoring possesions. He takes too many shot and plays selfish at times, however he is a huge scoring threat outside and inside with the dribble, but his biggest talent to me is his ability to see the floor and make good crisp passes. YES he is very cocky and hard to even watch the way he carries himself.. but so are many other players in 12A. I saw Rhodes clapp in a kids face the other night after hitting an open 3. Whether you like him or not in MY opinion Rice is More Valuable to his team that any other player is to thiers.

Now how about some top 5 lists.. make it 7 or 8 if needed.

Clifton

Rice

Rhodes

Mercer

Crews

Montgomery- Look out for this kid the next three years!

Clifft

Blackburn(would like to of seen him play at another shool)

My Idea for this topic was to get lists and discussions of the best players in the district. I see alot of 12A games but wanted to see what people think. This would require different peoples oppinions which would get different results. So lets get un-personal and get back to the topic please..

as for the MVP? to me it means what it stands for Most Valuable Player.. meaning who is the most important player to thier team. So i go with the take a player from a team and see what they do kind of guy. Obviously after the S'town Waynesboro game Clifton does not fit this mold. with him S'town finishes 3rd in the district, without him they will be 1st or 2nd.. He is a GOOD player. but wiothout him there it left alot of possesions and shots for other players. And those players were able to get the job done. Again Clifton is a really GOOD single A player, however not an MVP in my view of the award. I feel if you take Rice away from Waynesboro they are coming to the games to cheer on thier girls instead of Lorreto. He creates 70% of their scoring possesions. He takes too many shot and plays selfish at times, however he is a huge scoring threat outside and inside with the dribble, but his biggest talent to me is his ability to see the floor and make good crisp passes. YES he is very cocky and hard to even watch the way he carries himself.. but so are many other players in 12A. I saw Rhodes clapp in a kids face the other night after hitting an open 3. Whether you like him or not in MY opinion Rice is More Valuable to his team that any other player is to thiers.

Now how about some top 5 lists.. make it 7 or 8 if needed.

Clifton

Rice

Rhodes

Mercer

Crews

Montgomery- Look out for this kid the next three years!

Clifft

Blackburn(would like to of seen him play at another shool)

You honestly think that Crews, Montgomery, and Blackburn are better than Hill, Dill, and Tucker?

I just found an interesting and competing site. This may give some good insight into the region and the district and was posted on 2-17-2011

Class A

Region 6A

District 11A Projected Champion: Columbia Academy

District 11A MVP: Spencer Richardson (Columbia Academy)

District 12A Projected Champion: Perry County

District 12A MVP: Bubba Clifton (Summertown)

Tennessee Prep Hoops Region 6A All-Region Team

Bubba Clifton (Summertown) (Region MVP)

Cannon Rhodes (Perry County)

Will Boshers (Hampshire)

Spencer Richardson (Columbia Academy)

Christopher Jackson (Culleoka)

Logan Montgomery (Collinwood)

Princeton Harlan (Mt. Pleasant)

Kade Morgan (Columbia Academy)

Jordan Chard (Summertown)

Micah Brantley (Wayne County)

Honorable Mention:

Cody Jordan (Richland)

Matt Priest (Santa Fe)

Dray Mercer (Perry County)

Mike Lovett (Cornersville)

Jacob Tucker (Perry County)

Tyler Rice (Wayne County)

Edited by Vandychris

You honestly think that Crews, Montgomery, and Blackburn are better than Hill, Dill, and Tucker?

Im just trying to help get some names from every team out there.. but i do believe that Montgomery is better than Hill, and Dill.. Tucker does a good job of playing on both ends of the court.. something with him is still a little akward to me but he is one of the top players in the district. The thing about Hill, Dill as opposed to other players such as Rhodes, Clifton, Montgomery, Rice and players like them is that teams dont key in on them like they do others.. the top players score on double teams and while being face guarded.. those guys dont.. good role players that are key to their teams.. but the top players are those that the other team talks about in practice and makes special plans for defensively

I just found an interesting and competing site. This may give some good insight into the region and the district and was posted on 2-17-2011

Class A

Region 6A

District 11A Projected Champion: Columbia Academy

District 11A MVP: Spencer Richardson (Columbia Academy)

District 12A Projected Champion: Perry County

District 12A MVP: Bubba Clifton (Summertown)

Tennessee Prep Hoops Region 6A All-Region Team

Bubba Clifton (Summertown) (Region MVP)

Cannon Rhodes (Perry County)

Will Boshers (Hampshire)

Spencer Richardson (Columbia Academy)

Christopher Jackson (Culleoka)

Logan Montgomery (Collinwood)

Princeton Harlan (Mt. Pleasant)

Kade Morgan (Columbia Academy)

Jordan Chard (Summertown)

Micah Brantley (Wayne County)

Honorable Mention:

Cody Jordan (Richland)

Matt Priest (Santa Fe)

Dray Mercer (Perry County)

Mike Lovett (Cornersville)

Jacob Tucker (Perry County)

Tyler Rice (Wayne County)

JORDAN CHARD ALL REGION?!?!?! Tyler Rice and Tucker honorable mention, and Chard all REGION?? Chard is barely if even all district.. he showed last night that he hits open shots created by other players, and cannot be the difference maker in a BIG game.. he took bad shot after bad shot last night.. You can tell this list was made by someone who hasnt attended the games.. Dont know about all the kids from 11A but the 12A kids were all messed up.. I also noticed that the all District team had 14 players instead of 12 last night.. whats up with that?

JORDAN CHARD ALL REGION?!?!?! Tyler Rice and Tucker honorable mention, and Chard all REGION?? Chard is barely if even all district.. he showed last night that he hits open shots created by other players, and cannot be the difference maker in a BIG game.. he took bad shot after bad shot last night.. You can tell this list was made by someone who hasnt attended the games.. Dont know about all the kids from 11A but the 12A kids were all messed up.. I also noticed that the all District team had 14 players instead of 12 last night.. whats up with that?

And Summertown's #24 (Eli Matthews) not listed anywhere? Come on now....... Did yall see that scrappy little guard play in the tournament? He was definately the game changer.