Double Elimination

StevenMcK

I am curious how many wrestlers when onto medal who would have otherwise been eliminated with the old format?????????? My guess would be less than a handful. Great tourney thus far.

It has been a while since I have posted here. Everything is great in Texas. Of course, I still keep tabs on Tennessee wrestling.

Well, double elimination is the right thing regardless of how it would affect the medals. My hat goes off to the Williamson County crew and others that made this a reality. It was long, long overdue.

To answer your question, there are 8 wrestlers that would not have been carried under the old system that are in the consolation semi-finals and will medal. So that is over half of the weigh classes were a change occurred. That is definitely more than a handful and a significant number.

Someone fill me in on how the rounds went as far as time is concerned. I would love to hear a report about the event (number of mats, were the time realistic, did it run late or faster than believed).

Edited by CoachDelgado

It has been a while since I have posted here. Everything is great in Texas. Of course, I still keep tabs on Tennessee wrestling.

Well, double elimination is the right thing regardless of how it would affect the medals. My hat goes off to the Williamson County crew and others that made this a reality. It was long, long overdue.

To answer your question, there are 8 wrestlers that would not have been carried under the old system that are in the consolation semi-finals and will medal. So that is over half of the weigh classes were a change occurred. That is definitely more than a handful and a significant number.

Someone fill me in on how the rounds went as far as time is concerned. I would love to hear a report about the event (number of mats, were the time realistic, did it run late or faster than believed).

Day 1: 11 mats; wrestling started at 1 pm for D-1 for the Round of 32, 16, and 1st round of conso's were over with by 6-630 pm!! No one(including the head table) expected it to go this fast! It ran smooth from everything I saw.

Day 2: 11 mats still; D-1 Round of 8 and conso's 2nd and 3rd, D-II Round of 16, 8 and 1st and 2nd conso's then a couple girl invitational matches. This all started at 10 am and ended by 3pm. 4 hour break later and 10 mats, D-I Semis and 4th and 5th conso's Div-II Semis and 3rd round conso's started at 7 pm. The semis were over within an 2 hours or so but the Div-1 conso's were what ran late, wrestling concluded around 11-1130 pm. What made these run so long, was the 45 min rule, had to cut last round of conso's to 2 mats for Div-I then able to run 4 mats towards the end.

Day 3: Is about to start 6 mats D-1 will have conso's semis then D-1 and D-II will have 3rd-6th place match. My guess is there will be another break but I could be wrong. PARADE OF CHAMPIONS STARTS at 530 pm, CHAMPIONSHIPS start 6 pm. For anyone that hasnt been here to the event so far and plan to attend today, traffic on 65 South get VERY congested 3-7 pm and there is some construction so prepare to leave early to make tonights events!

I think the tournament has been ran great! Looks to run smooth and applaud TSSAA.

• Upvote 1