Summer Workouts- Who works the hardest?

Guest Cranewich61

Guest Cranewich61

Football is a very demanding sport. Not only of the body but also the mind. To play four quarters at 110% requires a player to be in increbiel physical shape. Throughout the summer most teams stress lifting in the weight room and running. Which teams in Middle Tennessee do you think work the hardest during the summer? Prove your point by supplying evidence in which the hard work has payed off. Nothing can take the place of dedication and hard work!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cranewich61

i am sorry if some people believe it is not possible to give 110%. I, on the other hand along with several scientific theories, believe that the human body is capable of performing well beyond the extent it is normally pushed. So in fact one can gove 110%, the 100% that an ordinary person believes he is capable of achieving, and 10% that a mentally strong person knows his body can achieve. Anyways, you guys still didn't answer my question...

Posted by Cranewich61:

i am sorry if some people believe it is not possible to give 110%. I, on the other hand along with several scientific theories, believe that the human body is capable of performing well beyond the extent it is normally pushed. So in fact one can gove 110%, the 100% that an ordinary person believes he is capable of achieving, and 10% that a mentally strong person knows his body can achieve. Anyways, you guys still didn't answer my question...

Unfortunately your argument about 110% is in error. The point was made weeks ago that the maximum you can give is 100%. Anymore would be part of that realm that is part of you. You can't give more than you have. Enough said!!

I think we first have to define what a hard working team is.

[Edited by plato on 10-7-02 10:50A]

I am pretty sure you can give more than your physically capabale of thats why ur exahausted and some players DIE from exhaustion. Ezell for example practices around 4 to 5 times a week during the summer working out and run their offense for conditioning all by themsealves. No coaches just the guys tryin to get better on their own. They also do a workout with a physical trainer that volunteers to help the team. They work really hard and it really has showed the last few years.

Posted by Chakra20:

I am pretty sure you can give more than your physically capabale of thats why ur exahausted and some players DIE from exhaustion. Ezell for example practices around 4 to 5 times a week during the summer working out and run their offense for conditioning all by themsealves. No coaches just the guys tryin to get better on their own. They also do a workout with a physical trainer that volunteers to help the team. They work really hard and it really has showed the last few years.

One is exhausted b/c he or she is out of shape. You can't give more than you have . . .it's impossible. The "extra effort" is that player trying to achieve the 100%. I would say that most athletes don't get anywhere near 100% effort. They don't get near 90% effort.

Its a saying you know its like alot of other football sayings. Basically you are taking it to literally. Once youve given all you think you can give you dig down and find some more that is what we are talking about. We all know its impossible to give what you dont have to give but as far as a saying its ok to fudge alittle on it. And hes asking about offseaon workouts not 110% at the core of his question kthx.

Did you ever play football?

Come on, give the guy a break already. All of you know what he means with the 110% cliche. The arrogance of some of the regular posters on this board is ridiculous. If you don't care for a particular post then don't respond to it.

I'm not big on cliches myself, but that doesn't give me the right to rag on other posters. Come on guys, this board is here for all. Let's live and let live.

Posted by Cranewich61:

OK now tell me this...If the person pushes past thier normal abality of achieving, then wouldnt they still be giving less than 100% of thier capability---by your own reasoning----

Posted by djpaulscousin:
The arrogance of some of the regular posters on this board is ridiculous.

who you talkin' bout?

remember when you point your finger, there are 3 pointing back. :D

I'm talkin' bout anyone on the board that feels that it is their mission to rag on other posters. Those that are guilty know who they are!!

The post about can you give 110% or not is beating a dead horse but here is my view. I think we could go physically to 100% but in some cases, extreme cases, the body will go beyond that. For sake of argument we have all heard about cases like this before, babies being trapped under a car or something and the mom lifting the car and pulling the baby to safety. Would that not be considered 110%? that is past anyones relm of possibility in a situation. Finally as i do feel most people or players do give 90% most of the time and when they dig down deep and find that last 10% then they become winners.