Region 4A Tournament

Play 4 Fun

Any predictions on the Region 4A tournament this week or is there even anything to talk about? Is it inevitable that Clarkrange and Jackson County will meet yet again this year for the fourth time (and possible a fifth to come in March)?

#4 Pickett County at #1 Red Boiling Springs

#3 Clay County at #2 Friendship Christian

#2 Clarkrange at #3 Trousdale County

#1 Jackson County at home against #4 Gordonsville

Is it possible that Pickett County goes to RBS and wins? They played them close at RBS earlier in the year. Midways through the 4th before RBS pulled out to double digit lead if I remember correctly? If PC were to get the win, my bet would be that the Region Tournament would be moved back to Livingston and a DIstrict 7 sweep would be in the works....again it is a long shot for PC to win on the road in Red Boiling, but anything is possible..it is TOURNAMENT TIME!!!!

My predictions...RBS over PC in a close game at RBS, Jackson Co. in a BLOWOUT win over G-Ville, Clarkrange in a BLOWOUT win over Trousdale Co., Clay County by 8 over Friendship Christian at FCS.

Semifinals: Clarkrange over RBS by 15 (unless Colter gets hot, but don't bet on Coach Rogers letting that happen two years in a row...my guess is a Region Semifinal exit for RBS). Jackson County over Clay County by 15. Clay County is a very good team, and Coach Sims has always had a nack for the BIG Games in Region so I would not be totally shocked by a Clay County upset here, BUT I think Jackson COunty is way too talented....too much fire power for Clay County to pull it out..

FInals: Jackson County over Clarkrange by 15 for a Region Championship game and don't be surprised to see this matchup again in March...

What does everyone else think??

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any predictions on the Region 4A tournament this week or is there even anything to talk about? Is it inevitable that Clarkrange and Jackson County will meet yet again this year for the fourth time (and possible a fifth to come in March)?

Is it possible that Pickett County goes to RBS and wins? They played them close at RBS earlier in the year. Midways through the 4th before RBS pulled out to double digit lead if I remember correctly? If PC were to get the win, my bet would be that the Region Tournament would be moved back to Livingston and a DIstrict 7 sweep would be in the works....again it is a long shot for PC to win on the road in Red Boiling, but anything is possible..it is TOURNAMENT TIME!!!!

My predictions...RBS over PC in a close game at RBS, Jackson Co. in a BLOWOUT win over G-Ville, Clarkrange in a BLOWOUT win over Trousdale Co., Clay County by 8 over Friendship Christian at FCS.

Semifinals: Clarkrange over RBS by 15 (unless Colter gets hot, but don't bet on Coach Rogers letting that happen two years in a row...my guess is a Region Semifinal exit for RBS). Jackson County over Clay County by 15. Clay County is a very good team, and Coach Sims has always had a nack for the BIG Games in Region so I would not be totally shocked by a Clay County upset here, BUT I think Jackson COunty is way too talented....too much fire power for Clay County to pull it out..

FInals: Jackson County over Clarkrange by 15 for a Region Championship game and don't be surprised to see this matchup again in March...

RBS will come in fired up against Pickett County with it being at RBS and it being the first round of the region tournament...the lack of strength in the schedule hurts RBS in games like that against PC because they have a tendacy to play down to the competition...I look for a 15 to 20 point win in that game between RBS and Pickett County. With the game being at Trousdale County look for Clarkrange to struggle a bit, but nonetheless in the end win in convincing fashion. Gordonsville has no chance in even keeping the game with Jackson County Close. The game between FCS and Clay County will be a fun one to watch. What therealfan fails to realize is that FCS and Clay County are 2 totally different teams from the last time they met. FCS had it's best player the first time FCS and Clay County and Clay County is playing a totally different level of basketball than when the firs time they met as well. FCS will keep it close throughout the game, but I think there will be no doubt during the game as to who is going to win, much like the district championship between RBS and FCS went...I'll go with Clay by 8 as well in that game...

In the semi finals it's going to be real interesting as there will be possibly 2 good match ups with Clay County and Jackson County, both split during the season. Clarkrange and RBS will rematch in a classic semi-final battle from last year. Last time Jackson and Clay met Clay manhandled Jackson County, but JC was short 1 player and this game being on a neutral court i'll take Jackson County by 11. I look for a closer game than you do between RBS and Clarkrange. RBS will keep it close but as history has proven, RBS outdo Clarkrange 2 seasons in a row...I'll take Crange by 7...

The region championship will be a good one and Jackson County meets Crange for the 4th time this season with the result being the same...I'll take Jackson County by 12...

This is just my thought and opinion in the matter...good luck to all the teams playing in the tournament...

Edited by swanson71

I'd say this is about right. I think Clay Co. and Jackson Co. will be much closer, (2-5 points) but we will see. Should be some exciting, 'boro quality ball.

I'd say this is about right. I think Clay Co. and Jackson Co. will be much closer, (2-5 points) but we will see. Should be some exciting, 'boro quality ball.

Clay plays hard but with MaKenzie back in the middle they don't get anything inside and they can't beat JC from the outside. JC wins this one by 16 pulling away late.

Clay plays hard but with MaKenzie back in the middle they don't get anything inside and they can't beat JC from the outside. JC wins this one by 16 pulling away late.

Dang MidTn.....on the boys thread you are pulling for FCS so JC can get a BYE game but on here you seem to be alittle worried about Clay Co????

Clay Co has to come to PossumTown tonight and win first and they may do it but it will not be automatic........Our " Recruit " has been playing better each game so maybe she has a huge breakout game tonight. Only time will tell!

With Ogletree and Roach both sick this will be a different ballgame than I had expected. Good Luck to the Lady Dawgs.

Wow, if they are limited, that is really gonna hurt. Sims has only been playing 6 deep so someone is gonna have to step up big time. Heard one of those freshman guards is pretty good. Might be her night to step up.

Wow, if they are limited, that is really gonna hurt. Sims has only been playing 6 deep so someone is gonna have to step up big time. Heard one of those freshman guards is pretty good. Might be her night to step up.

If they are limited or cannot play they may not make it past FCS...That would be ashame because FCS cannot play with Jackson or come close to it...When Clay is healthy they have a much better shot at Jackson County..