Region 4AAA

Blazeallthewaze

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman not that impressive tonight against Shelbyville. Close game up until 4th quarter. Blackman blew it open in 4th to win 55-28. I'm sure Shelbyville was wondering how that team could have beaten Riverdale. I kind of was to. Blackman has Siegel for the 4th time Monday night. Its hard to beat a team that many times. I think it will be another close game that could go either way. I also look forward to watching Riverdale, Lawrence County game. That should be another great game.

Go Blaze!!!

I am proud of my LADY WARRIORS TONIGHT...Cobi had a great game not only did she get her points but she was doubled team a lot of the night and made some REALLY nice passes out of it I am really proud of her for using her teammates for easier shots and of course doing a great job of getting to the basket hor her shots...

Alexa also had a great game and O and Ty really went hard tonight another overall team effort GREAT JOB!!!

I am also proud of Claire and Taylor for getting their first varsity action KEEP WORKING HARD

GO LADY WARRIORS

Blackman not that impressive tonight against Shelbyville. Close game up until 4th quarter. Blackman blew it open in 4th to win 55-28. I'm sure Shelbyville was wondering how that team could have beaten Riverdale. I kind of was to. Blackman has Siegel for the 4th time Monday night. Its hard to beat a team that many times. I think it will be another close game that could go either way. I also look forward to watching Riverdale, Lawrence County game. That should be another great game.

Go Blaze!!!

I was worried about this game. Worried about any possible hangover. When Shelbyville drew to within 2, you could see that "look" on their faces and in their demeanor. But then Katy (I think) hit a 3 and it just built from there. Likewise, I worry about having to try to beat a team for the fourth time in a season. I'm concerned from the standpoint that our girls may get a little over confident that since we've already beat them 3 times....... Also, hope they don't get caught looking ahead to another possible showdown with Riverdale. Oh well, gotta have faith the Coach prepares them against that.

I just know that it has been an exciting and enjoyable year. I'm not ready for it to end and I know the players aren't either. But when it does, it will be a season to look back on with great memories of accomplishment.

Go Blaze!

I was worried about this game. Worried about any possible hangover. When Shelbyville drew to within 2, you could see that "look" on their faces and in their demeanor. But then Katy (I think) hit a 3 and it just built from there. Likewise, I worry about having to try to beat a team for the fourth time in a season. I'm concerned from the standpoint that our girls may get a little over confident that since we've already beat them 3 times....... Also, hope they don't get caught looking ahead to another possible showdown with Riverdale. Oh well, gotta have faith the Coach prepares them against that.

I just know that it has been an exciting and enjoyable year. I'm not ready for it to end and I know the players aren't either. But when it does, it will be a season to look back on with great memories of accomplishment.

Go Blaze!

Agree with everything you say. I had those same feelings. Siegel did come close to beating us last time so maybe that will make them refocus. I believe it was Tierra that hit the big 3 when Shelbyville pulled within 2.

Go Blaze!!!

What is going on with 4AAA? Less than 12 hours till the 4th matchup between Riverdale and Blackman and nothing on the board? It may be quiet on here, but I expect the rafters to be shaking in Lavergne around 7 tonight. Good luck and safe play to both teams. More luck to Blackman of course.

In substate action, the Region 4AAA Champion will host McMinn County, and the loser will travel to Bradley Central. Neither of these Region 3AAA teams are particularly strong, and McMinn County even has a losing record. I predict that both Region 4AAA teams (Riverdale and Blackman) will win their substate games and go to the state tournament.

In substate action, the Region 4AAA Champion will host McMinn County, and the loser will travel to Bradley Central. Neither of these Region 3AAA teams are particularly strong, and McMinn County even has a losing record. I predict that both Region 4AAA teams (Riverdale and Blackman) will win their substate games and go to the state tournament.

Looking forward to a great game and a big BLAZING Victory!! :) Since the prevailing thought among Riverdale Fans seems to be that none of these games are important and it doesn't matter if they lose them, why don't y'all just concede tonight and ensure I don't have to make that long drive on Saturday!! That way, I'll be able to catch the first half of the Vandy Game and make the Sectional Game on Saturday night at Blackman. Works for me and I'm sure not too many Blackman fans would complain!! :)

GO BLAZE!!

Looking forward to a great game and a big BLAZING Victory!! :) Since the prevailing thought among Riverdale Fans seems to be that none of these games are important and it doesn't matter if they lose them, why don't y'all just concede tonight and ensure I don't have to make that long drive on Saturday!! That way, I'll be able to catch the first half of the Vandy Game and make the Sectional Game on Saturday night at Blackman. Works for me and I'm sure not too many Blackman fans would complain!! :)

GO BLAZE!!

Maybe just me, but I like the way you think. That said, I think they will decline. Should be a good tussle tonight. Just a phrase not inciting rough play.

Tonite in a great game at Lavergne, Riverdale won the 4AAA Regional final 55=40. Blackman played a great game b ut it was a strategic game and John Wild countered with great strategy and turned the tables, at least for tonite, on Chad Hibdon, and Blackman. These are two great teams and likely both will be in the State Tournament. Tonite coaching made the difference. This was a typical 7AAA matchup with 7AAA DI players all over the court. Would it not be something to see the two teams play each other at State?

The difference was Riverdale, as they usually have, winning the first half pretty easily and Blackman playing them even the second half. Barbee had 12 for Riverdale and Duke had 10 for Blackman. Next riverdale hosts McMinn and Blackman goes to Bradley saturday.

These are two GREAT AAA teams.

Edited by PHargis

Blackman loses tonight 55-40. Riverdale played a very good game and got out to an early lead and never let Blackman really in the game. Pretty even game after the 1st quarter. Riverdale certainly knows there in a game when they meet us. Congrats to Riverdale on the Region championship. Hope to meet you 1 more time. Blaze travel to Bradley Central next. Hope to win that so that we can move on to State tournament.

Go BLAZE!!!

Blackman loses tonight 55-40. Riverdale played a very good game and got out to an early lead and never let Blackman really in the game. Pretty even game after the 1st quarter. Riverdale certainly knows there in a game when they meet us. Congrats to Riverdale on the Region championship. Hope to meet you 1 more time. Blaze travel to Bradley Central next. Hope to win that so that we can move on to State tournament.

Go BLAZE!!!

You are generally always objective and keep the posts positive. Great job and thank you. This is a tough matchup. Emotions run high and everyone wants to win, teams and fans alike. Good for all to be reminded that it is a basketball game. Good luck, the more teams from 7AAA in the state tournament the better!!

Edited by govols10