2A State Champs

deesnutz

Liberty will win 2A.....Marshall County

does not have what it takes, they are not a complete team

I will go with Liberty, they seem to be the most complete team. Bolivar has got the talent but no leader which is why they have this Jeckle and Hyde season going on but they are still dangerous beating 3 of the top ten in AA [Liberty, Hillcrest, Westview]. Marshall Co. is a one man team that, I don't think they can pull it off. :popcorneater:

I still think Marshall County can win it all. Liberty would have to be the favorite but I'm not buying. I don't think it will happen but I would not be surprised If Jackson SS beats them tomorrow night. Trust me, Liberty can be had...but they also could win it all.

Two teams that rarely get mentioned and could win it all is Hillcrest and CPA. CPA may have the best player in AA but he is a freshman, not to mention the Bradshaw kid who. Lindsey and Bradshaw is probably the best two man tandem in AA. AA seems to be wide open. If either of these two teams gets a sub state game at home they will win and are more than capable of winning it all. If i was forced to bet today I would pick one of these two to win the State Championship.

I also think it's a mistake to dismiss Marshall County. Bolivar is a dark horse....if they make it to the region championship and lose, have to travel to Memphis it will be over but if they win region sure another trip to state is a possibility.

A lot of real parity in AA this season, unlike years past. No one team is just head and shoulders above everybody else. Should be interesting from here on out. Good luck to all teams!

Edited by yankees8589

Could this be the year the “Gold Ball†in AA goes to a Middle TN team? It appears they have some very good teams, CPA, Maplewood, Marshall Co., Spring Hill, East Lit, and Sycamore all have impressive records. However their overall districts appear to be weak. Can they compete with the speed, athleticism, and tournament experience of the West TN teams?

CPA may be the team to emerge out of all of these. However, they are so very young, I’m not sure if they can handle the pressure. If they don’t advance this year, they will certainly advance next year with the possibility of winning it all. It would be interesting to see a Marshall Co. vs. CPA sectional game.

By the way; Lindsey is a very talented freshman for CPA, but their best overall player and floor leader is a junior, Bradshaw.

Sycamore may surprise us all, if they get by Maplewood.

Eda

• Upvote 1

CPA and Marshall County have a real shot from Middle TN. Other than that I don't see anybody else with the talent. CPA is for real. CPA has enough talent to blow through the tournament......I know that sounds crazy....but they really do, I don't think that will happen but it does speak to the kind of players they have. This is AA not AAA, that's the thing to remember. CPA has the talent to go toe to tow with anybody in AA and will not be intimidated.

I still think Marshall County can win it all. Liberty would have to be the favorite but I'm not buying. I don't think it will happen but I would not be surprised If Jackson SS beats them tomorrow night. Trust me, Liberty can be had...but they also could win it all.

Two teams that rarely get mentioned and could win it all is Hillcrest and CPA. CPA may have the best player in AA but he is a freshman, not to mention the Bradshaw kid who. Lindsey and Bradshaw is probably the best two man tandem in AA. AA seems to be wide open. If either of these two teams gets a sub state game at home they will win and are more than capable of winning it all. If i was forced to bet today I would pick one of these two to win the State Championship.

I also think it's a mistake to dismiss Marshall County. Bolivar is a dark horse....if they make it to the region championship and lose, have to travel to Memphis it will be over but if they win region sure another trip to state is a possibility.

A lot of real parity in AA this season, unlike years past. No one team is just head and shoulders above everybody else. Should be interesting from here on out. Good luck to all teams!

If Bolivar can make it past Fayette Ware I see no problem with them going to Memphis and winning. The top ranked team in Memphis so far is Hillcrest and Bolivar has played them twice, lost by one at Hillcrest and blew Hillcrest up in BOLIVAR. Bolivar and Liberty are used to playing in Memphis and Fayette Ware is playing great now. So I believe D14AA sweeps its way to the Boro just like last year.

Just my humble opionion. B)

Liberty Vs Bolivar for the Region Championship.

Bolivar more or less did what they wanted to against Fayette Ware.

Liberty is lucky to win. Jackson SS missed FT's and Turnover in the last minute cost them the game. Jackson SS had a two point lead under a minute and at the FT Line, missed both...Liberty goes down and hits a three to take a one point leads. Both teams had another Turnover but neither mattered.....Jackson SS actually had the ball with 7 or 8 seconds with a chance to win but turned the ball over...of course you still have to make the shot if you don't turn the ball over.

Liberty's top two players fouled out in the 4th...Jackson SS top player fouled out in the 4th.

Liberty Vs Bolivar for the Region Championship.

Bolivar more or less did what they wanted to against Fayette Ware.

Liberty is lucky to win. Jackson SS missed FT's and Turnover in the last minute cost them the game. Jackson SS had a two point lead under a minute and at the FT Line, missed both...Liberty goes down and hits a three to take a one point leads. Both teams had another Turnover but neither mattered.....Jackson SS actually had the ball with 7 or 8 seconds with a chance to win but turned the ball over...of course you still have to make the shot if you don't turn the ball over.

Liberty's top two players fouled out in the 4th...Jackson SS top player fouled out in the 4th.

Wow Yankee Southside gave Liberty all they want. How is the" Leeland Robinson" kid from South Side?? I attended the AAA games down here and they both came down to the wire. Coach Hennings almost pulled one off