2A State Champs

deesnutz

You guys are forgetting a very good Fulton team that looks very nice right now Jody Wright knows how to coach a team to win in the post season ... Fulton has one of the most talented backcourts in the state with Galen Campbell, Jaeland Lawson, Jamahl Thomas, and Matt Queener. They are a dangerous team with alot of talent but you west tennessee basketball fans never give them a chance ... well you didnt give them a chance in 08 or 09 when they brought the gold ball back to knoxville. I would like to see a Fulton vs Bolivar rematch

Could this be the year the “Gold Ball†in AA goes to a Middle TN team? It appears they have some very good teams, CPA, Maplewood, Marshall Co., Spring Hill, East Lit, and Sycamore all have impressive records. However their overall districts appear to be weak. Can they compete with the speed, athleticism, and tournament experience of the West TN teams?

CPA may be the team to emerge out of all of these. However, they are so very young, I’m not sure if they can handle the pressure. If they don’t advance this year, they will certainly advance next year with the possibility of winning it all. It would be interesting to see a Marshall Co. vs. CPA sectional game.

By the way; Lindsey is a very talented freshman for CPA, but their best overall player and floor leader is a junior, Bradshaw.

Sycamore may surprise us all, if they get by Maplewood.

Eda

Eda, I never saw sycamore making it this far. They just took the region by beating East Literature. East made a 19-4 run to start the 3rd, but Sycamore fought back to take the lead with seconds remaining... Sounds like you saw it coming all along!

Edited by wardarneagle

I wouldnt count Livingston Academy out just yet either. They may not have had the kind of season that we LA fans are used to but their getting pretty hot right now and they droped Cannon Co tonight in a close one for the region 4AA championship. They will be playing Tyner at home. Should be a good one as it was Tyner i believe who ended their season Last year in Overtime in the Sub State game. Maybe with a break in the drawing this year they could make a run in the state tourny.