D. Lipscomb @ Lewis Co.

frogleg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 very good teams when they put 4 qtrs. together! Lets get your input.....

I haven't seen Lewis County play this year (I missed the game between DL and LC at the playday right before the season began), what are their strenghts? I saw where one player (Trull) lit it up against Waverly. Is she your go-to? (And, no, I'm not a scout - when it comes to basketball, no one listens to me!)

You hit the nail on the head for Lipscomb. When they play a complete game, they are hard to beat.

Now the really important question: if you are from the Hohenwald area, where is a good place to eat before a game? Meat and 3, catfish or Bar-b-que preferred!

Yes im from Hohenwald...meat and 3 for supper?... you prob wont find that in Hohenwald (round supper time anyway),but its hard to beat the Junk Yard Dog (steakhouse..and alot more to choose from) if youre comin in going west on 412 take a right at the 1st light and its on your immediate left. If youre coming south on 48, take a left at the 2nd light and then a right at your 1st road (N. Maple St.) its the 1st place on your right.

Now about the game....yes Trull was hot in region final and has been productive throughout the whole season...she averaged 16 ppg in district and region play, our starting 5 have been doing well...hope they can keep it going. Both teams are hard to beat when playing well and usually when 2 good teams compete, it will come down to whos hot and whos not. Im sure it will be a great experience and an unforgettable one for the players. The atmosphere will be unbelievable...it was last year. Lewis Co gym will be standing room only!!! Cant wait! Good luck to yall and be safe driving. Hope we have a good line of officials for this matchup.

Yes im from Hohenwald...meat and 3 for supper?... you prob wont find that in Hohenwald (round supper time anyway),but its hard to beat the Junk Yard Dog (steakhouse..and alot more to choose from) if youre comin in going west on 412 take a right at the 1st light and its on your immediate left. If youre coming south on 48, take a left at the 2nd light and then a right at your 1st road (N. Maple St.) its the 1st place on your right.

Yes! I had forgotten about the Junk Yard Dog. Great place! Thanks!

I think that the Lady Panthers will pull this one out because of the home court advantage. The student section is truly the 6th man (or WOman) at the games and will have an impact. I’m most proud of the fact that they are positive and have never gotten malicious in their support of the team. If you have never seen the roller coaster ride lead by Lucas then you are in for a treat. And by the way The General on Main Street (across from the courthouse) has a very good all-u-can-eat fried catfish bar that includes frog legs and all the trimmings.

He/She also predicted Macon by 14 over Waverly. Macon had to hit a 3 at the buzzer to beat Waverly who was playing without their starting center and leading scorer.

Waverly should quit making excuses...Macon has played the entire year without their starting center. She has come back the last couple of games getting maybe 5 minutes and playing on one leg. Congrats to DL, the state tournament should be a great one. I will give props to Lewis County, went to the substate game there last year and the student section was awesome.

Edited by wtaylor