Class A State pairings

greenwheel

I said before the tournament started that I felt we would see a Wayne Co/Loretto final. After Thursday I feel a lot more confident about my picks. Both teams face tough competition Friday I think Loretto wins in a squeaker while Wayne Co wins by 10+ against Scotts Hill.

I believe Scotts Hill has a good team and they looked real good against a depleted Cosby team. I believe that the lack of competition SH has faced will hurt them against the Lady Cats. It's going to be interesting to see how the SH ladies will respond to the size and athleticism WC brings to the game. If SH doesn't get shocked by the sudden increase in level of competition then it could be a close one otherwise the Lady Cats walk to the championship game.

OK so I was wrong about Loretto, they did not play defense against N. Greene with the intensity I've seen from them all year and their shots were not falling. When you have a game like that in the tourney then you go home and too bad, I really wanted to see the rematch.

However, I was right on about Wayne Co and Scotts Hill. SH was not ready for the Lady Cats size and athleticism. I know everyone was excited about Scotts Hill's undefeated season but here are two points to consider. 1. A perfect season against mostly inferior opponents doesn't prepare you for the season that matters, tournament time. Which brings me to point 2. Everyone came into the state tournament undefeated. It's a new season. Win or go home. Wayne Co. had 3 losses one to a talented AAA team by one point and two to Loretto (one in season, one in region championship). We also played against a couple of tough AA schools and won. These types of games that challenge your team have to be on your schedule if you plan on bringing home the Gold Ball. Congrats to Scotts Hill for a good showing in the tourney, it's tough to lose with the finals so close, trust me Wayne Co. knows all to well how you feel right now.

Now, Go Lady Cats bring home the Gold Ball!

OK so I was wrong about Loretto, they did not play defense against N. Greene with the intensity I've seen from them all year and their shots were not falling. When you have a game like that in the tourney then you go home and too bad, I really wanted to see the rematch.

However, I was right on about Wayne Co and Scotts Hill. SH was not ready for the Lady Cats size and athleticism. I know everyone was excited about Scotts Hill's undefeated season but here are two points to consider. 1. A perfect season against mostly inferior opponents doesn't prepare you for the season that matters, tournament time. Which brings me to point 2. Everyone came into the state tournament undefeated. It's a new season. Win or go home. Wayne Co. had 3 losses one to a talented AAA team by one point and two to Loretto (one in season, one in region championship). We also played against a couple of tough AA schools and won. These types of games that challenge your team have to be on your schedule if you plan on bringing home the Gold Ball. Congrats to Scotts Hill for a good showing in the tourney, it's tough to lose with the finals so close, trust me Wayne Co. knows all to well how you feel right now.

Now, Go Lady Cats bring home the Gold Ball!

Yes and North Greene has done just that. They have played South Greene 3 time, Chuckey Doak 3 times and Greeneville 2 times. All three of these are excellent double A teams. SG should be at state, and C-D and Greeneville could be at state. NG beat SG and GHS once and CD twice. These girls have had a hard schedule, and I don't care what CoachT says. These girls can play ball!!!

Yes and North Greene has done just that. They have played South Greene 3 time, Chuckey Doak 3 times and Greeneville 2 times. All three of these are excellent double A teams. SG should be at state, and C-D and Greeneville could be at state. NG beat SG and GHS once and CD twice. These girls have had a hard schedule, and I don't care what CoachT says. These girls can play ball!!!

Can't disagree with you on that, North Greene can play. It should be a great game tommorow! A lot of weapons on both sides.

Thanks, I'm sure it will be a great game. I've just felt these girls have been forgotten. Thanks for a classy response.

Thanks haywood808. After watching #32 McNeese (sp?) play I have a feeling North Greene won't be forgotten for a few years!

But were still still gonna being it to you hard! But classy! ;)

Thanks haywood808. After watching #32 McNeese (sp?) play I have a feeling North Greene won't be forgotten for a few years!

But were still still gonna being it to you hard! But classy! ;)

That's the only way to bring it!!! lol. Yes McNeese is a jewel and she may bring this team back for a few years. I am actually a South Greene fan, but I don't know anyone who doesn't love North Greene. They are the underdog in our county and have really come on strong lately. Coach Buchanan is a South Greene graduate and Mariah Britton's mother was SG's point guard back in the day. We are all very proud of them as I am sure you are proud of your girls.