Cannon Co vs Elizabethton

HSespn

Worse game I have seen Elizabethton play all year. Just came up short on the free throws. Good Season Cyclones and Good Game and Good Luck to Cannon County!!!!!!

Good team. Hit your free throws and your a winner. I know your girls were a little nervous. I hate you guys had a few bad calls at the end, or should I say no calls. I would have like to have seen the obvious walk in front of your bench called, and one time a Cannon girl got a nice contiuation after Betsy foul, bucket should not have counted. Your girls showed heart at the end. BE PROUD. Go McMinn Central Chargerettes!

I didn't like how the ref's went from calling nothing the first half. Then calling everything for 1 1/2 quarters in the second and then back to nothing. I think calls went both ways but the no call walk may have been the most important. I would like to see a replay on that one. Overall the teams looked like mirror images of each other. They could play 10 times and go 5-5. Personally, I was for Betsy, but the upcoming rematch should be a good one.

Edited by jwcardin

About what you would expect for a first round state tourney game. Both teams were tight and it affected their shooting. Betsy never seemed to get in sync and didn't seem comfortable playing a team with our particular skill set. Cannon did what they had to do to win but they can play better. Playing in several close games during the year probably helped Cannon at crunch time. It doesn't matter if it's elementary school or the pros you gotta hit your free throws in the big games.

Very disappointing loss today for the Lady Cyclones. Betsy didn't play their best. I'm sure Cannon Co could have played better as well. Regardless, congrats to CC on the win and good luck going forward. It's tough enough to win at this level, but you can't expect to win when you shoot 9-20 from the line. That's particularly hard to understand when the Lady Cyclones were shooting 75% on the year as a team. The officiating was not very consistent (as was mentioned above), but I don't think it made a difference overall. If there was one call that could have swung the pendulum in EHS's favor at the end, it would have to be the "no call" on the blatant travel in front of the EHS bench. The most disturbing thing about it was the official watching the play raised his arm as though he was going to whistle the violation and then didn't. Regardless, that's why they say, "If if's and but's where candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!"