McMinn Central vs David Lipscomb

jwcardin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you all know on these two? How do you think it will go? :popcorneater:

Just sheer tourney experience of having played in the 'boro several times lately would have to go to McMinn Central. But I've learned that at this level, all teams are there for a reason - because they're good. If McMinn Central stays focused and doesn't have a letdown after blowing out Livingston Academy, I think they advance to play the winner of Cannon Co./Elizabethton (which could be a great game).

Go Chargerettes!!!

Just sheer tourney experience of having played in the 'boro several times lately would have to go to McMinn Central. But I've learned that at this level, all teams are there for a reason - because they're good. If McMinn Central stays focused and doesn't have a letdown after blowing out Livingston Academy, I think they advance to play the winner of Cannon Co./Elizabethton (which could be a great game).

Go Chargerettes!!!

I honestly don't know much about DL, but I have to think that if MC keeps their level of play where it has been the last few games, they will be extremely difficult to beat.

elaborate woodvegas?

Not speaking for woodvegas, but Central "could" have an emotional letdown after beating Livingston so bad. Or, Central "could" be focusing on a rematch with Cannon Co., should Cannon win.......or even playing a solid Elizabethton team. Thus, DL "could" be a team they overook.

However, I think Coaches Morgan and Young will be preaching that to the girls throughout practice this week as they prepare for state.

I think the size of McMinn will give fits to the shorter roster of DL. DL is a solid team but if mcminn gets an inside game going it will be tough for DL to overcome.

This was the biggest difference in the LA game, MC has not only size but speed to go along with it. Your right this could be the BIG difference. MC has length to keep DL from getting great looks from the perimeter yet plenty of size to dominate the boards. Sounds like a press will not factor in for either team. Should be fun.

This was the biggest difference in the LA game, MC has not only size but speed to go along with it. Your right this could be the BIG difference. MC has length to keep DL from getting great looks from the perimeter yet plenty of size to dominate the boards. Sounds like a press will not factor in for either team. Should be fun.

Cannon and Betsy does not have alot of size either. Who is probably the "biggest" team in it?

Edited by jwcardin

Not speaking for woodvegas, but Central "could" have an emotional letdown after beating Livingston so bad. Or, Central "could" be focusing on a rematch with Cannon Co., should Cannon win.......or even playing a solid Elizabethton team. Thus, DL "could" be a team they overlook.

However, I think Coaches Morgan and Young will be preaching that to the girls throughout practice this week as they prepare for state.

Exactly. I still think MCentral wins but I'm just pointing out this has the potential of being a so-called "trap" game for them for the reasons stated above.