Sequatchie County Indians

dunlap1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we be pretty good this year?

It could be a long year or a good year?

Youth could be the key word for this season. Especially at some key positions and the season will depend on how well they have come along in the off-season.

If all the underclassman return they should have a solid foundation to build around with these returning All-District representatives including a returning 1,000 yard rusher in Jerry Fain (RB/LB) as well as fellow Seniors Rodney Smith (WR/DB), Timmy Austin (OL/DL) and kicker Juan Martinez as well as Junior Austin Lamb (OL/DL).

Don't forget guys like Stout, Summers, Yother, Dent, Campbell and Grant as well as two guys who really came along as the season progressed last year in Juniors Jake Pickett (LB) and Gaither Barker (OL) and I'm sure I'm leaving someone out who contributed quite a bit last season that will return.

I expect the Quarterback position to be a battle between now and all the way through fall practice between as for as I know two returning Sophomores.

Edited by Sequatchie

ive noticed you all have 25 sec play clocks why do you all not use them

It has something to do with paying another offical or something like that.

RMWR, most of the Indian fans don't monitor these boards much durning the off season. I haven't much on the football boards, mainly baseball right now.

Sequatchie nailed it, the for the most part there are kids there that gained valuable experience last year and Coach B can build off that. I don't know if there will be a battle for the QB position but, I know they need one. If they have to play with one of them up and coming Sophomores, it may very well be a long year. Having said that, I think there is one or two others than can play QB or at least manage the game like last year. That is the only real concern I see right now.

It has something to do with paying another offical or something like that.

RMWR, most of the Indian fans don't monitor these boards much durning the off season. I haven't much on the football boards, mainly baseball right now.

Sequatchie nailed it, the for the most part there are kids there that gained valuable experience last year and Coach B can build off that. I don't know if there will be a battle for the QB position but, I know they need one. If they have to play with one of them up and coming Sophomores, it may very well be a long year. Having said that, I think there is one or two others than can play QB or at least manage the game like last year. That is the only real concern I see right now.

If you can find someone that knows how to run the right us officials dont care if there not being run right then we tell them to shut them off

Some people might think Sequatchie will have a drop off,but returning experience is a key factor for the Indians. Plus they will have plenty of senior and Junior experience playing.Youth will not be a factor, but maybe a little inexperience but that should be taken care of through pre-season. Return 4 of 5 on off line. a 1,000 yard rusher, along with some other talented runners that most people havent seen because of Lewis and Stewart. Yother,Stout,Grant, and Pickket should all contribute in the backfield. Def we have some spots to fill,but have some talent to help. IMO the biggest concerns for the Indians will be the QB position, CB- where we graduated 2 experienced players, and Depth. Some of the young guys are going to need to provide some depth. The Indians Should be and will be in the District Championship race. That is the standard the coaching staff has made. Going to be a very good season cant wait.

Edited by DefMinded

Will we be pretty good this year?

Should be a very good year, it all statrts with returning 4 O-Line and Fain in the backfield. The QB position wont be as problematic as you think, with the line and backfield thats coming back. Loved the numbers that are coming out of the weight room, including some sub-4.5 forties in the backfield.

• 2 weeks later...