Sequatchie County Indians

dunlap1

The Indians looked impressive against Coffee Co. tonight, winning 2-1 Varsity and 1-1 tie JV. Also had about the same number of players as Coffee which is 6A. Now on to the Jamboree Friday night in Dunlap against Whitwell and Bledsoe

Indians looked pretty decent tonight. If they keep improving they will have a great season. Coffee county would be a decent 3a team. They had some decent size and speed. The Indians JV looked very impressive on def. I cant wait for the York game, sequatchie should be just fine.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was 2-2 in starters vs starters with Coffee scoring on the last play of the scrimmage, 1-0 in backups vs backups but maybe I'm wrong on that. I did think Seq was in control much of the time. In six series with starters-with first downs needed to continue instead of 10 plays and swap-they had about 350 yards rushing with several different backs having good totals. Some of their own mistakes kept them from scoring or possibly scoring more, one called back on a penalty, narrowly missing a long completion, fumble on what would have been a first down at about the Coffee 30.

Sequatchie had a 90 yard touchdown drive and later a TD run of about 40 yards. Coffee could have been kept out of the end zone on their first score..they got to about the Seq 8, gained only about 3 yards on the first three downs and threw incomplete but an iffy defense holding penalty gave them a first down. Then it took three more downs to get about 2 yards for the score. Coffee scored late, taking over and going about 50 yards right before it ended.

Coffee did gain some yards, mixed it up well but a lot of that was between the 30s. I also liked the large turnout of Sequatchie fans for a Tuesday night practice game.

Edited by Indian

I thought it was 2-2 in starters vs starters with Coffee scoring on the last play of the scrimmage, 1-0 in backups vs backups but maybe I'm wrong on that. I did think Seq was in control much of the time. In six series with starters-with first downs needed to continue instead of 10 plays and swap-they had about 350 yards rushing with several different backs having good totals. Some of their own mistakes kept them from scoring or possibly scoring more, one called back on a penalty, narrowly missing a long completion, fumble on what would have been a first down at about the Coffee 30.

Sequatchie had a 90 yard touchdown drive and later a TD run of about 40 yards. Coffee could have been kept out of the end zone on their first score..they got to about the Seq 8, gained only about 3 yards on the first three downs and threw incomplete but an iffy defense holding penalty gave them a first down. Then it took three more downs to get about 2 yards for the score. Coffee scored late, taking over and going about 50 yards right before it ended.

Coffee did gain some yards, mixed it up well but a lot of that was between the 30s. I also liked the large turnout of Sequatchie fans for a Tuesday night practice game.

Its really had to say because Coach never really had all the starters in at the same time, which is great. The younger kids really looked good. Sequ. has to get over the mental mistakes, but with this staff I have no doubts. I am curious as to what all we show in the Jamboree.