Macon Co. vs McMinn Central for championship in AA

Tennesseefanatic

32 members have voted

1. 1. who You Got and Why?

I will take macon in this one. Anyone watching Cc vs central game knows that massongale charged twice in the start of the 4th quarter without a call and should have fouled out. Adams should have fouled out also in the 1st of the 4th when she fouled trying to block shots! That game was given to central in the last 2 min with the charge calls on scissom and the intentional foul call! TSSAA surley wont let this favoritism happen again. Central fans complaining about foul calls are crazy cause the fouls were commited!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take macon in this one. Anyone watching Cc vs central game knows that massongale charged twice in the start of the 4th quarter without a call and should have fouled out. Adams should have fouled out also in the 1st of the 4th when she fouled trying to block shots! That game was given to central in the last 2 min with the charge calls on scissom and the intentional foul call! TSSAA surley wont let this favoritism happen again. Central fans complaining about foul calls are crazy cause the fouls were commited!

Maybe so but some of the others were not fouls. No one was given this game, it was terrible for both teams. If the refs stay out of it MCentral wins by much more.

I say that MCentral will play tough on perimeter and shut down Macon gaurd play. Macon is big but seem to be not as quick as Central as far as post play goes. I think Central will get some easy layup opportunites. With the championship game experience that Central had last year I give the advantage to them. If they do win they would have beaten 1 good team and 2 very good teams and are most deserving of the title.

What are you smoking???

Massongale was out of control today, she is a very good player. Even the anouncers were making comments on her play with 4 fouls. Her and Adams get too emotional, if they keep their head in then MC has a chance if not they loose 10 plus. If game is called by the rules they both will foul out early.

Massongale was out of control today, she is a very good player. Even the anouncers were making comments on her play with 4 fouls. Her and Adams get too emotional, if they keep their head in then MC has a chance if not they loose 10 plus. If game is called by the rules they both will foul out early.

I have attended every game, (district, region, and state) and today is the first time either of them have fouled out. Poor officials in this tournament.

You've gone onto 3 boards and talked nothing but trash and insults. It's obvious who you're for, but you're making yourself sound like a 12 year old little boy. Massingale had 19 points today, Adams 16 with 15 rebounds. Hardly out of control or overly emotional. It is the state tournament you know. Act like the team you're pulling for had been there before. Oh wait, they haven't.

Like I said last night, I knew Cannon County relied wayed too much on three and I thought Massengill and Adams would be hard to handle. Refs don't call ticky tac fouls, Mcmminn wins by 20. Mcminn outcoached Cannon County by a long shot. Cannon shot 30 something free throws, still lost by 10 or so. If I got Mcminn with their 2 best players with 4 fouls, I'm taking it to them. For some reason they didn't. Macon County played very well today. I thought Liberty played very lathargic. Mcminn will be very focused on defense. I think Cannon County's guards are better than Macon's. Mcminn will come out focused and take over game early. Mcminn by 15. If refs let them play, 20 or more.

Like I said last night, I knew Cannon County relied wayed too much on three and I thought Massengill and Adams would be hard to handle. Refs don't call ticky tac fouls, Mcmminn wins by 20. Mcminn outcoached Cannon County by a long shot. Cannon shot 30 something free throws, still lost by 10 or so. If I got Mcminn with their 2 best players with 4 fouls, I'm taking it to them. For some reason they didn't. Macon County played very well today. I thought Liberty played very lathargic. Mcminn will be very focused on defense. I think Cannon County's guards are better than Macon's. Mcminn will come out focused and take over game early. Mcminn by 15. If refs let them play, 20 or more.

Its funny how uuuu guys use the term "let them play", or you mean let #24 reach in/charge and # 11 hack. That would give any team an advantage!

Its funny how uuuu guys use the term "let them play", or you mean let #24 reach in/charge and # 11 hack. That would give any team an advantage!

The thing about it is is # 24 and # 11 were on the bench a lot of the second half and Mcminn's defense played tough. Refs called bad both ways. Playing a tough one yesterday didn't help you guys any. Tough draw.

This is such an interesting match-up. Adams's versatility inside for McMinn will present problems for the less mobile BIG girls of Macon (Bean and Coley). However, Macon's size and girth will make it difficult for McMinn to keep Macon from establishing deep position in the post. I too think Macon's guards are highly underrated. Gregory has been the fire that Macon has needed in tough situations. Yes, she has been turnover prone at times, but she makes the right decision with the ball when the game is tight or on the line. McMinn's star versatile wing Elizabeth Masengil is a match-up problem for Macon County. Her ability to shoot the pull up jumper and finish strong around the basket will test Macon's guards. This game may just be too close to call. I am expecting yet another exciting Class AA Championship Game this year.