Big 8 and upper east Tennessee spring schedule

BatmanDB

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ready to see a scrimmage or two in upper east Tennessee.Anyone know the local spring matchups we might want to see in the next several weeks.Besides that,I'm interested in DB,North and Centrals spring schedules if anyone has it.

Yeah, i would love to see some DB football. Any info. would be appreciated.

I'm ready to see a scrimmage or two in upper east Tennessee.Anyone know the local spring matchups we might want to see in the next several weeks.Besides that,I'm interested in DB,North and Centrals spring schedules if anyone has it.

I agree Batman, I am ready to watch some football. I know you ask about some other schools, but just wanted to mention that Boone will scrimmage at Greenville May 13th. I look forward to see what both teams will have this year. Boone lost a lot of talented seniors this year on both sides of the ball. They have several talented soph. and jrs. stepping up. I'm sure Greeneville has a lot of talent to replace their seniors.

Edited by Booneman

I agree Batman, I am ready to watch some football. I know you ask about some other schools, but just wanted to mention that Boone will scrimmage at Greenville May 13th. I look forward to see what both teams will have this year. Boone lost a lot of talented seniors this year on both sides of the ball. They have several talented soph. and jrs. stepping up. I'm sure Greenville has a lot of talent to replace their seniors.

That's a scrimmage I could really enjoy.The DB and Greeneville scrimmage was something to watch last year.I played for the Devil's but sit on the DB side with another former Devil and my friends from Kingsport and we had a blast.I know and pull for the kids at DB but always love watching the Devils as well.I told the kids it would be a war against Greeneville and it was.

Ah.... Elizabethton is back on Boone's schedule...all is right with the world :)

That should be a really good game.Elizabethton is always going to hit you and is the only school this side of Greene county to ever win a state playoff championship in football.Boone has played the best football in it's history over the last few years and I'm even almost over the real DB thing.Either way,I always wish the other locals the best when they start toward the west.

That should be a really good game.Elizabethton is always going to hit you and is the only school this side of Greene county to ever win a state playoff championship in football.Boone has played the best football in it's history over the last few years and I'm even almost over the real DB thing.Either way,I always wish the other locals the best when they start toward the west.

What year did Elizabethton win a state championship?

Yeah I am a ready to see what happens this year. All is quiet but things will start to pick up again here slowly but sure. Boone is reloading and though they lost a lot of awesome seniors, the ones coming up this year aren't too bad at all. It should be very interesting to see what Gray puts out this year, cause I am expecting great things from them!

The real DB thing....it brings a smile to my face, but when the DB and DB meets this year....I think it will be a much better game than last year, but who knows with Kingsport. They could roll out an even better team this fall!

What year did Elizabethton win a state championship?

Yeah I am a ready to see what happens this year. All is quiet but things will start to pick up again here slowly but sure. Boone is reloading and though they lost a lot of awesome seniors, the ones coming up this year aren't too bad at all. It should be very interesting to see what Gray puts out this year, cause I am expecting great things from them!

The real DB thing....it brings a smile to my face, but when the DB and DB meets this year....I think it will be a much better game than last year, but who knows with Kingsport. They could roll out an even better team this fall!

1938. And Batman Bristol also belongs in that category as well. The playoffs were just as "statewide" then as they are now. They weren't as diluted as they are now with over 30 teams from each class getting in when some classes don't even have 60 teams total. Now, I'm not downplaying the significance or difficulty of winning a present-day state championship, but I believe the first couple of rounds rarely offer a challenge to the top teams.

1938. And Batman Bristol also belongs in that category as well. The playoffs were just as "statewide" then as they are now. They weren't as diluted as they are now with over 30 teams from each class getting in when some classes don't even have 60 teams total. Now, I'm not downplaying the significance or difficulty of winning a present-day state championship, but I believe the first couple of rounds rarely offer a challenge to the top teams.

I must have been thinking of something and just didn't proof read my statement.What TH done in the early seventies with back to back titles in 3A with only three classes and the National title to boot, was with out a doubt a great thing.With just one team getting a title in 1938 was pretty great as well and I can't imagine that in Tennessee today.Yes it's much more diluted now but I think there are several times as many really good teams as there were years ago,so what Greeneville has done in the last couple of years is pretty awesome.I just hope the area above morristown doesn't have to wait as long for the next championship,because the graph will be something like this...1938 "" {1971-72 }"""2010"""" 2053

I haven't even seen Boone's schedule, just saw where they picked up Elizabethton. I guess we have a week 9 date as usual. Annnnd....Great American Rivalry game comes back this year I THINK, this time at Gray.

It's hard to tell because they redraw everything. Tennessee plays Science Hill during Week 9 @ the Stone Castle. DB @ J Fred during Week 8 and they travel to Death Valley in Week 4. Those are the only ones I'm certain about. I think they host Jefferson Co. during Week 1 or 0.

According to TSSAA's website Tennessee plays Johnson County on 08/19. Guess I won't be seeing Boone and Betsy after all.

Edited by THSVikings2004