7 AAA

coachslobber

You pretty much nailed it Brother. Anyone who is a true part of this program and really cares about the players and team would not have made those comments about Reavis. This year is starting out great for the Stars and I believe all the players and parents are behind them and their coach. Hopefully, we can go on to a different topic. Go Stars!

Are you a part of the program? Because I believe if you were you would know there is some truth to my statements. Again not knocking on Craig as a person, but as a coach.

Siegel wins over Lavergne 3-1 to sweep their second district 7AAA series.

edited 4/8

Blackman swept Smyrna and Oakland beat Riverdale last night.

Blackman, Siegel 6-0

Riverdale 4-2

Oakland, Smyrna 1-5

Lavergne 0-6

Next week

Siegel away home away Smyrna

Blackman - Riverdale

Oakland - Lavergne.

With Blackman and Siegel sitting at 6-0, probably will take at least 5 or 6 more wins to take the district, so betting the winner goes at least 11-4 or 12-3. That would eliminate the bottom three teams.

think its been an exciting year so far. Edited by pete9797

Are you a part of the program? Because I believe if you were you would know there is some truth to my statements. Again not knocking on Craig as a person, but as a coach.

Riverdale is worse. Go see for yourself. They will be lucky to finsih 3rd with probably the most talent over all. The team was blown up from inside mid season instead of coached up. Sad because I had them 1st. Did not believe what I was hearing so went to some games to see for myself and it was all true. I was pretty shocked at what I saw. Saw some kids make many mistakes with nothing said and others make one and get crushed. That team is about to snap. Regardless of what is going on at siegel they are playing well. Blackman is starting to put it together at the right time also. It will be 1) siegel 2) Blackman 3) Riverdlae 4) Oakland 5) Smyrna 6) Lavergne

Riverdale is worse. Go see for yourself. They will be lucky to finsih 3rd with probably the most talent over all. The team was blown up from inside mid season instead of coached up. Sad because I had them 1st. Did not believe what I was hearing so went to some games to see for myself and it was all true. I was pretty shocked at what I saw. Saw some kids make many mistakes with nothing said and others make one and get crushed. That team is about to snap. Regardless of what is going on at siegel they are playing well. Blackman is starting to put it together at the right time also. It will be 1) siegel 2) Blackman 3) Riverdlae 4) Oakland 5) Smyrna 6) Lavergne

if you know anything about smyrna they had a tough schedule at the begining and i think they will turn it up at the end

if you know anything about smyrna they had a tough schedule at the begining and i think they will turn it up at the end

I have said all along that Smyrna is a good team. I thought they would be more compeitive during the Blackman series. It will be a big test against Siegel next week. Being 1 - 5 Smyrna will have to sweep the rest of the way out to be any where in the mix at the end of the season. Oakland and Smyrna have pretty big holes to climb out of. Still lot's of baseball to play but things are taking shape.

This week is enormous in the district, as I guess as they all are. Siegel has played well, but Smyrna will represent a test. May sound funny to look at 6-0 vs. 1-5, but we all suspect Smyrna will be a test for a lot of people. Blackman-Riverdale will likely be a swing series for both clubs. All I know--watch Fullerton. He has quickly risen to the stature of one of those players that will be talked about for years to come.

Edited by coachslobber

How about we keep the focus on the kids playing? This is the best district top to bottom in the state. Fun to watch if you are a baseball fan. Sometimes I disagreed with Joe Torre but that doesnt mean I should have managed the Yankees. There are too many goos teams, matchups and storylines to rip on coaches here. Keep it to yourself. It just sounds bitter and petty.

I guess he didnt have two division 1 pitchers either that carried the team then either? I didnt comment on his father. Jackie Reavis is a great coach and knows the game of baseball.

I have followed high school baseball for a long time and have followed Craig's coaching career since it started as a volunteer assistant at Oakland....He is a very very good coach and Siegel is very lucky to have him.

Ok....can you tell me the last coach that won the AAA state title without any divsion 1 pitchers on the roster? I doubt you can because it just doesn't happen!!! You must be forgetting he also developed those division 1 pitchers and has continued to in district 7AAA...the man can coach

Your logic is flawed and way off base regarding Coach Reavis....you do relize he took LAVERGNE to back to back state tournaments and WON a state title...and that's when only 4 teams made it to state

He has taken a new school to a championship level in just 7 years in the toughest district in the state...what more do you want?

If you are a parent and he is not playing your son then I would tell you he isn't good enough

If you are a player and he is not playing you then I would tell you that you aren't good enough

You should get over whatever it is you have against Coach Reavis and enjoy the fact you have a great baseball coach