INDEPENDENCE HS IS IN BAD SHAPE

saveindy81

Is Rathbone for sure coming to Indy next season? If so will he be the O/C or offensive line coach?

It doesn't matter if he comes or not. Dyson and Campbell both are control freaks and he won't have any say so in the program. I love Coach Gates he has truly mentored my son. If Coach Dyson had given him the freshman team alone they would have won but he brought in one of his friends to be the Co Head Coach. The Diviner guy what type of resume does he have over coach gates. The kids loves coach Gates. He and Coach Diviner butted heads but Dyson never stepped in because that was Dyson friend. So Rathbone know what you are getting into.

It doesn't matter if he comes or not. Dyson and Campbell both are control freaks and he won't have any say so in the program. I love Coach Gates he has truly mentored my son. If Coach Dyson had given him the freshman team alone they would have won but he brought in one of his friends to be the Co Head Coach. The Diviner guy what type of resume does he have over coach gates. The kids loves coach Gates. He and Coach Diviner butted heads but Dyson never stepped in because that was Dyson friend. So Rathbone know what you are getting into.

Well, maybe Indy can win by just kicking field goals. LF is probably one of the best kickers in the state.

Wrong , first hand I know RHS called coach Rector for part 2....

Yeah practice thing was mistake....

If he is so bad why wilco let him back

Politics. Looney screwed up rezoning so much, he had to try and make Centennial worth attending. He sold out to try and win football games. Rector is a great coach, but poor role model from what I have been told from friends that have played at RHS. Too bad Centennial will always be Centennial.

Also, will someone stop Brentwood from recruiting?

Politics. Looney screwed up rezoning so much, he had to try and make Centennial worth attending. He sold out to try and win football games. Rector is a great coach, but poor role model from what I have been told from friends that have played at RHS. Too bad Centennial will always be Centennial.

Looney screwed up rezoning? All he did was right the wrong from 2004 when that administration went overboard in populating Indy at the expense of CHS.

I am loving all the fear motivated pettiness that is coming out against CHS now. It means people are realizing what I have said for a long time now. The sleeping giant is waking up. CHS is serious about football and its making some folks really nervous.

Little Detroit (Independence) will struggle for a long time to come. And even with a overly full school, didnt they get beat by CHS this past season? And CHS was terrible and has 500 fewer students. Ouch.

I am loving all the fear motivated pettiness that is coming out against CHS now. It means people are realizing what I have said for a long time now. The sleeping giant is waking up. CHS is serious about football and its making some folks really nervous.

Little Detroit (Independence) will struggle for a long time to come. And even with a overly full school, didnt they get beat by CHS this past season? And CHS was terrible and has 500 fewer students. Ouch.

I'm not sure, but I think you can only play 11 at a time. :popcorneater:

I'm not sure, but I think you can only play 11 at a time. :popcorneater:

Having a larger selection pool for that 11 is an advantage. 1850 > 1350. The problem with Indy is who is making the selection. No one seems to know if it is the coach or the principal and neither are really qualified.

Having a larger selection pool for that 11 is an advantage. 1850 > 1350. The problem with Indy is who is making the selection. No one seems to know if it is the coach or the principal and neither are really qualified.

Funny, you never hear Alcoa complaining about how many students they have. If numbers alone determined anything McGavock would win the State Championship every year. At Blackman we have 150 kids on the varsity roster, if we can get 25 contributors out of that, we will be lucky.

I agree with most of your premise on your postings, it really comes down to a coaching staff getting players in position to make plays. Thus your conundrum, would you rather have 60 kids on the roster or 25 play makers?

Great athletes can make a coach look good, but Great coaching can make average athletes look outstanding. A great coach can take his and beat yours or take your and beat his.

Thank God for Shad Owens! :popcorneater:

Funny, you never hear Alcoa complaining about how many students they have. If numbers alone determined anything McGavock would win the State Championship every year. At Blackman we have 150 kids on the varsity roster, if we can get 25 contributors out of that, we will be lucky.

I agree with most of your premise on your postings, it really comes down to a coaching staff getting players in position to make plays. Thus your conundrum, would you rather have 60 kids on the roster or 25 play makers?

Great athletes can make a coach look good, but Great coaching can make average athletes look outstanding. A great coach can take his and beat yours or take your and beat his.

Thank God for Shad Owens! :popcorneater:

Why complain about size when you bring in football players from a tri county range, lol?

And you are correct about the coaching, thus the improvements that CHS will have in the future and the losing IHS will endure until the either get a new coach or wait for their current coach to gain enough football knowledge and experience to effectively lead a program.

I think the challenge for CHS is and will always be location, location, location. I am convinced the TSSAA picked to location for that school. A mall, an interstate, a business district. What this area needs is a high school and then the picture is complete.

Poaching athletes from Franklin may only serve to spread the mediocrity :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad