Meigs County looking for a coach!

Sequatchie

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The young man I am speaking of was told he is to young. I think it is a shame that he will not have the opportunity to prove what I already know. Where we coach he is very well respected by coaches and players alike. He has a great desire to work in a small school and just be a good football coach. He will be a coach one day and have his own program. He will be older but not any better,because he already knows what is important in working with young men in a football program. The game of football at the high school level is more than just X's and O's. Having coached at the college level for 4 years now, he has plenty of football knowledge.I feel Meigs Co. is the biggest loser in this, maybe when he is older he will get his chance. Sorry Meigs Co. for your loss.

Sorry for our loss. My confidence in our ability to hire a good coach is low. Our best hire could be right under our nose and we can't see it. We need our director and school board to be involved with the hire and stop depending on one guy to make the hire. It would be safe to say his judgement of coaching talent is not very good considering the turnover and the recent developments in the the coaching fiasco.

The coach that "runtheball" is referring to is Jason Phillips( i think that is his name). Played at Maryville H S and Tusculum College and coached there also. There evidently is an issue or he would have been hired last time. And it is not that he is too young! Not sure what it is, if it is anything. But there has to be something wrong not getting hired with that good of a resume.

The coach that "runtheball" is referring to is Jason Phillips( i think that is his name). Played at Maryville H S and Tusculum College and coached there also. There evidently is an issue or he would have been hired last time. And it is not that he is too young! Not sure what it is, if it is anything. But there has to be something wrong not getting hired with that good of a resume.

Not the same guy. Sounds like he would be good also.

Maybe thats what the Tigers need is a young guy to bring in some fire and innovation!!!!!!!!!!