The meanest fastball in Tennessee?

KPowers55

And he is a very very good player. But he's D-1 talent, not first round talent. He'd be better off transferring to a Houston or a Bartlett senior year, if for no other reason just to face better talent to get him ready for college ball.

Mike Minor proved theres nothing wrong with going to a small school and going to play D-1 baseball. Theres plenty of talent in 1a baseball its the depth of the talent that changes when you move up classes.

New flash the hitters and your so called triple a school aren't all ted williams either. Riverside's number two beat Houston and Norris got beat by houston so I would think before you speak. And by the way your comparing a Jr. to a Sr. That's a joke, you included.

News flash, Riverside would have a sub .500 record in AAA. Two games against teams who pitch JV pitchers is not a reason to celebrate. A is a joke, plain and simple. So please stop worshiping Gant, yeah he's a good player who could potentially be good in college as well, but to compare him to Norris or Pfeifer at this point in his career is silly. Quit living in a dream world.

Its funny that you people compare phil to norris? To be honest one is going to get 3 million out of high school and not the other. And that person would be norris. Big games I will agree with you guys phil has him beat. But come on your comparing a top 10 pick to a guy that's prob not going to get drafted due to his mechanics,size, and arm problems. So im going norris guys....

Its funny that you people compare phil to norris? To be honest one is going to get 3 million out of high school and not the other. And that person would be norris. Big games I will agree with you guys phil has him beat. But come on your comparing a top 10 pick to a guy that's prob not going to get drafted due to his mechanics,size, and arm problems. So im going norris guys....

Man you really should just stop posting, you obviously have no knowledge of them game. Pfeifer is a much better PITCHER than Norris at this point in their careers. Norris has a much higher CEILING and god gifted ability than Pfeifer. Don't see how you could disagree with that.

The Allen kid #10 at Sequoyah has a great fastball. The other day I stood behind 2 scouts both with guns and had him at 92-94. He can chunk the pickle!!! Has good change-up.... Not seen any others in our area come close to throwing as hard not even close!

He throws 87-88...on a good day. If he threw that hard as you say he does he'd be committed to a college right now don't you think??? Ask the local coaches how hard he throws and they will tell you the same thing. And i really don't care what some bird dog scout had on his JUGS gun either. BC i know that is what your gonna respond with

He throws 87-88...on a good day. If he threw that hard as you say he does he'd be committed to a college right now don't you think??? Ask the local coaches how hard he throws and they will tell you the same thing. And i really don't care what some bird dog scout had on his JUGS gun either. BC i know that is what your gonna respond with

You have once again underestimated this Chief. Allen has been throwing 91-93 consistanly. He is waying his options (MLB or college). He has an offer from the KC Royals and has several college options to choose from. Maybe you should ask the local coaches? They would all love to have him as a player!

• Upvote 1

You have once again underestimated this Chief. Allen has been throwing 91-93 consistanly. He is waying his options (MLB or college). He has an offer from the KC Royals and has several college options to choose from. Maybe you should ask the local coaches? They would all love to have him as a player!

Hmm...thats why it is May and he hasn't signed. He must be going in the top 10 rounds if pro guys are seeing how much it will cost to sign him. I think in the long run ill be right on this one. He is a great player no doubt, but he'll be playing Juco ball this time next year. JMO i could be wrong...

The best i can gather, the hardest thrower in Southeast Tennessee is Brandon Zajac at Walker Valley. 6'5 lefty that can bring it. He has hit 92 at the World Wood Bat and down at East Cobb last summer from what i hear. With that said, he pitches at 86-89. There were scouts lined up to watch intersquad games at WV... thats right practice. Now if there was a kid consistently throwing 92-93 don't you think there would be more than a couple bird dogs at your games?

No smoke you are wrong. I won't respond with "some bird dog scout". I guess there must just be something wrong with the gravitaional pull around the SQHS diamond that causes 2 guns sitting side by side to read the same thing over about 2 innings. And before you throw out there that I am just a homer that drinks the SQHS kool-aid. that is not the case either. I started watching the Red Squad because of 1 kid and only one no realtion at all just a kid I know and love and he does not have #10 on his back. I will say though these boys have my respect and they should have the respect of everyone in thier district. Cause I am not sure who you root for but I did not see any of the #1's for any other team in our district look stellar except #10. I will see if I can get UT to come out and check the area around the SQHS diamond for some sort of magical zone that adds 6 to 8 mph to a fastball...

No smoke you are wrong. I won't respond with "some bird dog scout". I guess there must just be something wrong with the gravitaional pull around the SQHS diamond that causes 2 guns sitting side by side to read the same thing over about 2 innings. And before you throw out there that I am just a homer that drinks the SQHS kool-aid. that is not the case either. I started watching the Red Squad because of 1 kid and only one no realtion at all just a kid I know and love and he does not have #10 on his back. I will say though these boys have my respect and they should have the respect of everyone in thier district. Cause I am not sure who you root for but I did not see any of the #1's for any other team in our district look stellar except #10. I will see if I can get UT to come out and check the area around the SQHS diamond for some sort of magical zone that adds 6 to 8 mph to a fastball...

Im a Central fan for the record. The one time i got to see Allen #10 this year he got BEAT by JARED ALLEN from Polk County. He (#12) was the better pitcher that night and he's not even going to step on a mound when he goes to college. Maybe next year when he's at UT you two can get in contact and he'll get you the hook up with someone that will help you with that magical zone.