Oak Ridge

Anderson County

Clinton

Halls

Karns

Hardin Valley

Campbell County

Central

What do you think about These teams (their staffs and possible improvement)and how they will finish (record and standing)

Hardin Valley has become a team to recon with alot faster than i thought they would, but i have to say that Powell or Oak Ridge would have to be the favorites to win the district this year.

Central and Halls should be better than last year, but dont really know what they lost or have coming back. Could be another long year for both those teams.

Anderson Co. may be in rebuilding mode this year, but with their coaching staff should be right there in the middle of things at the end of the season.

Clinton returns alot of young talent and could be a dangerous team, especially if they hire a great coach and the coaching staff can get this team to play up to their potential.

Karns is improving and should be moving up off the bottom of the district. If Karns can find a way to score more points a game, they will be a very tough team to deal with in the next couple of years or so.

Campbell Co. will probably struggle again this year, especially in a tough region like this one, but has the chance to win a couple of district games depending on how things shake out.

I say..........

Oak Ridge

Powell

Hardin Valley

Clinton

Anderson Co.

Halls

Karns

Central

Campbell Co.

We also have the chance to have a 5A and 6A State Champion in Powell and Oak Ridge out of the same region....that would be special.

Edited by 92Dragon

Hardin Valley has become a team to recon with alot faster than i thought they would, but i have to say that Powell or Oak Ridge would have to be the favorites to win the district this year.

Central and Halls should be better than last year, but dont really know what they lost or have coming back. Could be another long year for both those teams.

Anderson Co. may be in rebuilding mode this year, but with their coaching staff should be right there in the middle of things at the end of the season.

Clinton returns alot of young talent and could be a dangerous team, especially if they hire a great coach and the coaching staff can get this team to play up to their potential.

Karns is improving and should be moving up off the bottom of the district. If Karns can find a way to score more points a game, they will be a very tough team to deal with in the next couple of years or so.

Campbell Co. will probably struggle again this year, especially in a tough region like this one, but has the chance to win a couple of district games depending on how things shake out.

I say..........

Oak Ridge

Powell

Hardin Valley

Clinton

Anderson Co.

Halls

Karns

Central

Campbell Co.

We also have the chance to have a 5A and 6A State Champion in Powell and Oak Ridge out of the same region....that would be special.

I think you are right about Powell and Oak Ridge. I would put Oak Ridge at the top of the region. Powell will be good but they can sometimes struggle on defense which makes them beatable. Hardin Valley lost some players and will take a step back. Anderson County must break in a new QB and I am not sold on some of their coaching staff. They have a mix of really good and mediocure coaches. Karns will not be any better. They will probibly be worse. That is their history. Halls will not be any better. They have been bad for a few years and do not seem to want to change anything. Campbell County is Campbell County. Central did not loose much and have two of the best running backs in the region comming back. Clinton is interesting to me. They do not have a coach unless one was selected yesterday and I did not hear about it. They have some great athletes but I think similar to Central, I am not sure how well they will do. They could be pretty good but have the ability to stink. I think the region will end as follows

Oak Ridge

Powell

Anderson County

Hardin Valley, Clinton, Central (take your pick)

Karns

Halls

Campbell County

I think you are right about Powell and Oak Ridge. I would put Oak Ridge at the top of the region. Powell will be good but they can sometimes struggle on defense which makes them beatable. Hardin Valley lost some players and will take a step back. Anderson County must break in a new QB and I am not sold on some of their coaching staff. They have a mix of really good and mediocure coaches. Karns will not be any better. They will probibly be worse. That is their history. Halls will not be any better. They have been bad for a few years and do not seem to want to change anything. Campbell County is Campbell County. Central did not loose much and have two of the best running backs in the region comming back. Clinton is interesting to me. They do not have a coach unless one was selected yesterday and I did not hear about it. They have some great athletes but I think similar to Central, I am not sure how well they will do. They could be pretty good but have the ability to stink. I think the region will end as follows

Oak Ridge

Powell

Anderson County

Karns

Halls

Campbell County

I believe for Clinton to have a good season this year, they are going to have to stay healthy. Injuries and inexperience killed them last season. I still think we are going to finish somewhere in the middle of the district with a 5-5 or 6-4 record.

We are already going to be behind because of the coaching situation IMO. I cant wait to see how things shake out!

Edited by 92Dragon

I believe for Clinton to have a good season this year, they are going to have to stay healthy. Injuries and inexperience killed them last season. I still think we are going to finish somewhere in the middle of the district with a 5-5 or 6-4 record.

We are already going to be behind because of the coaching situation IMO. I cant wait to see how things shake out!

There is no doubt that Clinton has a chance to be good. I don't know their names but Number 3 and 33. Are they back for clinton. I think Cameon is a great athlete but those two are really good ball plyers. I think they need to get settled on a coach and get to work but they can be a scary team.

There is no doubt that Clinton has a chance to be good. I don't know their names but Number 3 and 33. Are they back for clinton. I think Cameon is a great athlete but those two are really good ball plyers. I think they need to get settled on a coach and get to work but they can be a scary team.

#3(Dee Shannon) #33(Corey Washington) are seniors. Camion Patrick is tranferring to Lenoir City because his gaurdian accepted a job on the football and basketball team according to the Clinton Courier News.

Clinton does have some skill players coming back but the line is what Clinton fans should be excited about. The line weight average will be close to 300 and they gained some valuable experience. Games r won on the line...here is my top 4 Oakridge, Powell, Hardin valley, Clinton....AC has way to many question marks and Hardin valley lost a few big players.

Clinton does have some skill players coming back but the line is what Clinton fans should be excited about. The line weight average will be close to 300 and they gained some valuable experience. Games r won on the line...here is my top 4 Oakridge, Powell, Hardin valley, Clinton....AC has way to many question marks and Hardin valley lost a few big players.

I agree with you Kidd....as long as you have a good line, an average back can look really good! Clinton's offense averaged right at 24 pts per game last year and around 33 the year before. I have been more concerned about our defense more than our offense. I would love to see us improve defensively this year!

I agree with you Kidd....as long as you have a good line, an average back can look really good! Clinton's offense averaged right at 24 pts per game last year and around 33 the year before. I have been more concerned about our defense more than our offense. I would love to see us improve defensively this year!

I have watched Clinton for the past two seasons you are discussing and the biggest issue is inability to sustain drives without Weston. Last year most points resulted from big plays by our athletes. We were unable to control the ball and that puts the defense on the field a lot. Also, depth is major issue on both sides. We could average more points per game if we would kick field goals. Someone told me our time of possession was only 19 minutes a game. Sometimes numbers don't show the big picture. Defense was anemic at times as was ball control, especially after halftime in most games. Depth would alleviate that. Youth was also an issue. More numbers are needed. Hopefully the new coach will get them out of the hallways. Sure would love to see them back in playoffs. Remember the score of OR, AC, and Powell at the half? Young dragons just ran out of steam. I think we can fix that.

I have watched Clinton for the past two seasons you are discussing and the biggest issue is inability to sustain drives without Weston. Last year most points resulted from big plays by our athletes. We were unable to control the ball and that puts the defense on the field a lot. Also, depth is major issue on both sides. We could average more points per game if we would kick field goals. Someone told me our time of possession was only 19 minutes a game. Sometimes numbers don't show the big picture. Defense was anemic at times as was ball control, especially after halftime in most games. Depth would alleviate that. Youth was also an issue. More numbers are needed. Hopefully the new coach will get them out of the hallways. Sure would love to see them back in playoffs. Remember the score of OR, AC, and Powell at the half? Young dragons just ran out of steam. I think we can fix that.

There isnt anything wrong with Clinton that cant be fixed....hopefull, the new coaching staff can and will do just that.

Oak Ridge

Powell

Anderson County

Karns

Halls

Campbell County

IMO Powell peaked too early last season. They came out of the gates on "fire" last season and with injuries and other things going on cooled way down there at the end of the season. They need to find their pace, and if they do could be a very dangerous team this coming up year.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO Powell peaked too early last season. They came out of the gates on "fire" last season and with injuries and other things going on cooled way down there at the end of the season. They need to find their pace, and if they do could be a very dangerous team this coming up year.

That sounds right. Anderson County has given them problems for years & it's hard to beat a team twice in the same season. The Playoff loss wasn't too surprising, even after the blowout win over them in the early season.