Region 4a tournament

swanson71

Monterey @ Friendship Christian: Since 2000 Monterey has only finished worse than 2nd two times in district 7a, This year after losing to JC in the championship finishing 2nd and in 2004 after losing to Pickett County finishing 3rd. It doesn't happen much but Gordonsville snuck up on FCS with a victory and Trousdale played a good game with them losing only 3-2. However in the tournament FCS won in usual fassion. This is probably the worst Monterey team i've ever seen come through Monterey, but they have a decent pitcher that may keep FCS at bay for an inning or 2 but after 5 innings it'll be ugly. I don't see FCS throwing anyone important because they simply do not have too so because of that I don't see FCS shutting out Monterey. I'll go FCS 15+ and Monterey 3....good luck to both teams

Trousdale County @ Jackson County: Well last time these two teams met was just right before the tournament and Trousdale County won 13-0 so that's going to be weighing on JC's mind. However, I expect a much closer game because it's going to mean something and Collier will be on the mound for JC and it'll be a home game for JC which is a plus. However Trousdale will be throwing their best as well. JC has played in a weak district and haven't faced the caliber of pitching in the district Trousdale County has faced. I believe competition wise Trousdale is more prepared for this game, and JC hasn't played in a meaningful game with a team the caliber of Trousdale. I'll go TC 8-2 in a fairley decent game...good luck to both teams...

Trousdale County at Friendship Christian: Outside their aces, whether Trousdale and JC play FCS and the region championship, they don't have the pitching to beat FCS. FCS wins titles after titles because they have better pitching than everyone and hit the ball better than everyone they face. things will not change here as I have Trousdale County losing 15-0.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monterey @ Friendship Christian: Since 2000 Monterey has only finished worse than 2nd two times in district 7a, This year after losing to JC in the championship finishing 2nd and in 2004 after losing to Pickett County finishing 3rd. It doesn't happen much but Gordonsville snuck up on FCS with a victory and Trousdale played a good game with them losing only 3-2. However in the tournament FCS won in usual fassion. This is probably the worst Monterey team i've ever seen come through Monterey, but they have a decent pitcher that may keep FCS at bay for an inning or 2 but after 5 innings it'll be ugly. I don't see FCS throwing anyone important because they simply do not have too so because of that I don't see FCS shutting out Monterey. I'll go FCS 15+ and Monterey 3....good luck to both teams

Trousdale County @ Jackson County: Well last time these two teams met was just right before the tournament and Trousdale County won 13-0 so that's going to be weighing on JC's mind. However, I expect a much closer game because it's going to mean something and Collier will be on the mound for JC and it'll be a home game for JC which is a plus. However Trousdale will be throwing their best as well. JC has played in a weak district and haven't faced the caliber of pitching in the district Trousdale County has faced. I believe competition wise Trousdale is more prepared for this game, and JC hasn't played in a meaningful game with a team the caliber of Trousdale. I'll go TC 8-2 in a fairley decent game...good luck to both teams...

Trousdale County at Friendship Christian: Outside their aces, whether Trousdale and JC play FCS and the region championship, they don't have the pitching to beat FCS. FCS wins titles after titles because they have better pitching than everyone and hit the ball better than everyone they face. things will not change here as I have Trousdale County losing 15-0.

Jackson County makes club history and secure their spot in the Sub-state! Beat Trousdale County tonight 10-0. Thoughts and prayers still go out to the Trousdale County squad. The 2nd basemen, who played with broken collar bone.... WOW!!! That kid has heart and wants to play. Let's see how Wednesday night goes now.

Jackson County makes club history and secure their spot in the Sub-state! Beat Trousdale County tonight 10-0. Thoughts and prayers still go out to the Trousdale County squad. The 2nd basemen, who played with broken collar bone.... WOW!!! That kid has heart and wants to play. Let's see how Wednesday night goes now.

Congrats on the win, looks like I was wrong... When is the game against FCS?

Game will be played tomorrow night at 7 o'clock at Jackson County. Let's hope JC can take down the richie rich kids from the University of Friendship Christian. I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!

Well - you gotta believe!!!

I believe you might be better served letting sleeping dogs lie - otherwise you will get bit!! After all this ain't girls basketball. :mrgreen:

Edited by Volzchamps

I believe you might be better served letting sleeping dogs lie - otherwise you will get bit!! After all this ain't girls basketball. :mrgreen:

last time i checked, yall only beat trousdale by 1 run and 3 runs i believe was the other, and JC beat em by 10!! Keep thinking yall are untouchable and JC may take you down a few notches

last time i checked, yall only beat trousdale by 1 run and 3 runs i believe was the other, and JC beat em by 10!! Keep thinking yall are untouchable and JC may take you down a few notches

NO ONE is untouchable. The last time FC "played" Trousdale it was in the winners bracket finals of last week district tournament and the score was 19-1 FC in 5 innings. Then in the championship game they forfeited :o . Best of luck tomorrow night :mrgreen: .

What happened in your previous matchups with TC?

What happened in your previous matchups with FC?

Let sleeping dogs lie! :thumb:

NO ONE is untouchable. The last time FC "played" Trousdale it was in the winners bracket finals of last week district tournament and the score was 19-1 FC in 5 innings. Then in the championship game they forfeited :o . Best of luck tomorrow night :mrgreen: .

What happened in your previous matchups with TC?

What happened in your previous matchups with FC?

Let sleeping dogs lie! :thumb:

well buddy, seems like someone has counted their chickens already... afraid some of em might not hatch... the regular season means nothing anymore... JC is 4-0 and FC is 4-0 and with JC actually throwing a real pitcher tomorrow night rather than their 8th 9th and 10th pitchers, ya better watch out

well buddy, seems like someone has counted their chickens already... afraid some of em might not hatch... the regular season means nothing anymore... JC is 4-0 and FC is 4-0 and with JC actually throwing a real pitcher tomorrow night rather than their 8th 9th and 10th pitchers, ya better watch out

Every games a new game, this on will not last past five innings. How's your soccer team?

Edited by inthagap

Don't be so confident. If Friendship sees Collier on the mound, which could happen, JC has a huge chance of winning. The past two years Collier has sat down many Commanders in the Region Tourney, and if he would have had some offense those years in the past the games could have been won. If not, Hobie Leonard will still give JC a chance. JC can upset these guys if they're not careful, but it will be a very difficult task. I expect a close game.