EQUALIZING COACHES PAY

oleagle

THE SUPREME COURT FOR THE STATE OF TN HAS RULED THAT EQUALIZED PAY FOR ALL TEACHERS IS CONSTITUTIONAL. WILL THIS ALSO MEAN THAT COACHES WILL BE PAID THE SAME THROUGHOUT THE STATE? I DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS WILL EFFECT THE HIGH SCHOOL GAME OF BASKETBALL. ARE COACHES WITH YEARS ON THE BENCH, AND THAT HAVE WINNING RECORDS WORTH MORE? ANYONE OUT THERE CARE TO EXPAND ON EQUAL PAY? :confused:

The probability of coaches getting raises and/or pay equalization is like the myth of pay equalization for Teachers. It is not going to happen. We can only dream. I would like to see them reward coaches for years on the job with a little raise each year. Some systems pay the coaches a percentage of their teaching salary for each year taught/coached up until a certain number of years where they eventually max out. A person should not work at something for x number of years and not get some kind of raise. I'm sure that there are many views on this matter though.