Rhea County Coaching Search

First of all "I know a thing or two about a thing or two" and when I say Fitzgerald was a very good coach I mean it. Some coaches only care about being a coach or having a job ect... Fitz loved his community , school, the kids , friends, and coaches. He had a great run and will be successful again. Maybe it was time to leave. Sometimes in life change is good , I know first hand. Please quit bashing Fitz and Rhea football . What you need to do is band together and help place the best replacement in tow. Continue to support the Eagles (Fitz will). As for Hammondtree lol ,unless he has taken some psychology classes and become a heck alot nicer to people ,I rather see Lane Kiffin there.Because remember a Snake is still a Snake , whether you look like one or not. (in fact he does) Good luck to Fitz and his staff and the Rhea County Eagles.

Support the Eagles are the key words here. The bashing, the negativity, the show of class and the unshow of class will allways be here. Everybody (well most) think they know it all or can do better. This is going to be there no matter who the coach is. If the community and the administration will get behind and support the programs at RCHS everyone will see a change across the board. Everyone should be getting involved with the booster clubs of their sport(s), attend games and be positive, which yes I know is hard at times. But these athletes, believe it or not are effected by what people say and do. So I as a Rhea Countian is challenge the community and the administration to make a stand this year and get behind these programs.

Support the Eagles are the key words here. The bashing, the negativity, the show of class and the unshow of class will allways be here. Everybody (well most) think they know it all or can do better. This is going to be there no matter who the coach is. If the community and the administration will get behind and support the programs at RCHS everyone will see a change across the board. Everyone should be getting involved with the booster clubs of their sport(s), attend games and be positive, which yes I know is hard at times. But these athletes, believe it or not are effected by what people say and do. So I as a Rhea Countian is challenge the community and the administration to make a stand this year and get behind these programs.

Amen, positive attitude and support by the community will do wonders for a high school athletic program. When the fans, parents, businesses, youth leagues, elementary/middle school programs, etc. get behind their high school program vocally, financially and with their actions, it can develop a winning mentality that will surpass what any coaching staff can do on their own.

Why is it that I a person gets on hear to give his opinion on something and try to explain that oppinon its called bashing I never once said anything him that was to bash him all I said was I didn't think he was as good as some are saying.I never said anything to personaly attack him, so cut me a little slack man and as for supporting our boys in green I donate every year and attend 99% of the games and I have also donated my time up at the stadium.some folks see it my way some see it other ways but don't call it bashing.

Sorry I put this with the wrong post.

It appears you were wrong about ALOT of things! :wacko: After reading a few of your posts I bet you get that alot. I DEFINITELY cannot coach high school football but I can sometimes judge talent. Did you not notice almost every friday night we were outmatched when it came to talent. That is no way shape or form a jab at our young men! Bottom line throw all their forty times, shuttles, verticals, etc and WE LOSE and lose by a large margin. At the end of the night we pulled out or was in alot of games we should not have been in! Coach Fitz and staff had our kids ready. They believed in themselves, teammates, and coaches! You are entitled to your opinion and some of us are too. Some might even man up and let someone know when they are bashing them. Hint Hint

I am with ya man! :thumb: I just had to get one shot at :wacko: AKA greenmachine.

Well bigbird ya just can't let kit go can you I guess that's what I get when I don't get on board the fitzgerald band wagon.I guess I should have just kept it to myself like almost everyone else in this county.as far as talent goes we have and had talent on the team probably better than what we had in the 80s and 90s almost every record in the books has been broken in the last ten to twelve years except for the rushing record. NO TALENT! that's just a coachs excuse for loosing.do you think that maryville has loads of tallent every year,anyone that has watched maryville play will tell you they are well coached and they don't make many mistakes and of coarse they have more players to choose from.that comes with being a champion for all those years.look at all of the QB,s all the receivers and linemen that played for rhea I guess your saying they didn't have talent. Well who's bashing who now bigbird. Now I said that I was done talking about it but you just can't let it go.boy I tell ya I didn't think that my difference of opinion would be that unsettling to some of you, but if you want to keep going down that road then let's go all I have is time.

Well bigbird ya just can't let kit go can you I guess that's what I get when I don't get on board the fitzgerald band wagon.I guess I should have just kept it to myself like almost everyone else in this county.as far as talent goes we have and had talent on the team probably better than what we had in the 80s and 90s almost every record in the books has been broken in the last ten to twelve years except for the rushing record. NO TALENT! that's just a coachs excuse for loosing.do you think that maryville has loads of tallent every year,anyone that has watched maryville play will tell you they are well coached and they don't make many mistakes and of coarse they have more players to choose from.that comes with being a champion for all those years.look at all of the QB,s all the receivers and linemen that played for rhea I guess your saying they didn't have talent. Well who's bashing who now bigbird. Now I said that I was done talking about it but you just can't let it go.boy I tell ya I didn't think that my difference of opinion would be that unsettling to some of you, but if you want to keep going down that road then let's go all I have is time.

TALENT!!!!! 80's David Douglas UT,CinCin Bengals,New England Patriots

Steve Douglas UT high school All-American

David Johnson Played defensive tackle at UT

Jay Fischeser Vanderbilt

Charlie Benton UT

Jesse Messimer UT

Jason Fitzgerald Auburn

Andy Kelly UT, Steelers, Cardinals, All time passing leader arena league HS All-American

Steve Cochran Carson Newman

david Fischeser ETSU

Gary Reeves ETSU

Patrick Everett MTSU

Todd Jackson MTSU

Joe Kelly UTC

Sandy Mccuiston UTC

Phil Pankey UTC

These are full ride scholarship players! 8 players signed to play in SEC!

Your quote"better than talent in the 80's"

Not sure how muuch you know in the 80's all we did was run the ball

Why have passing records been broken because the game has changed it has become more wide

open! Again check facts before you open mouth!

Since you know so much also tell me who had more talent than Alonzo and Jamie. You probably don't know their last name. True RHEA COUNTY FANS DO. WHO HAD MORE TALENT THAN THESE TWO!

If it's not a touchy situation with you then let it go. We as posters post our opinions and thoughts. Some are liked some are not. We move on. How about you and alot of others try this. Get involved with the program. And quit comparing other Rhea County teams, players and coach's with each other. Each one is different.

Easy man calm down this is all im saying rhea has the talent now to be very successfull, now im not saying they are going to win every game and come home with a gold ball. That would be nice but I don't see it happening any time soon.and they have had talent in the last several years. Yes you are right the boys that played back in the day were very talented. But as far as our year to year teams we play they have no more talent than we do.this whole discussion was brought on because I didn't agree that fitzgerald was a good coach that's my oppinion and you've got yours. I do think he was at one time but jumped off that wagon.so I'll tell you what I am going to leave this topic with that and let's start looking a new era in rchs football.

Here are the finalist

Danny Adams- Winfield Alabama very impressive resume from what I am seeing.http://www.ahsfhs.org/Coaches/coachesabc.asp?firstname=Danny&lastname=Adams

Jeremy Bosken- Wide receivers coach at Science Hill High School in Johnson City

Jerry Cook- Defensive Coordinator at Chatt Central

Mike Davis- Rhea Co. Special teams coordinator, receivers coach, inside linebackers, and strength coach

Michael Engler Lexington Ky Assistant Head Coach Offensive coordinator at Lexington Catholic impressive resume from what I am seeing on the Kentucky coaches association website.

Doug Green- Carson Newman Former coach at Ooltewah was going to be head coach at Ooltewah but left for Carson Newman

Bill Harris- I can't find a whole lot on him but then again there are quite a few Coaches named Bill Harris that I'm finding. I just don't know if it is the same Bill Harris.

Reggie Mathis- Former Defensive Coordinator at Soddy

Glen Ryan- Former Head Coach at Soddy

Then one coach who chose to not have his name published

I'm going to do some research on some of these guys and see what I can dig up.

Edited by Rhea Co.

Here are the finalist

Danny Adams

Jeremy Bosken- Wide receivers coach at Science Hill High School in Johnson City

Jerry Cook- Defensive Coordinator at Chatt Central

Mike Davis- Rhea Co. Special teams coordinator, receivers coach, inside linebackers, and strength coach

Michael Engler

Doug Green- Carson Newman Former coach at Ooltewah was going to be head coach at Ooltewah but left for Carson Newman

Bill Harris

Reggie Mathis- Former Defensive Coordinator at Soddy

Glen Ryan- Former Head Coach at Soddy

Then one coach who chose to not have his name published, but I know who he is and have actually got some good info from about the coaching search.

I'm going to do some research on some of these guys and see what I can dig up.

Danny Adams and Michael Engler look to be well qualified. Engler is at a private school in Kentucky and I doubt we could pay him enough.