Coaching Change

Bearman3

As some coaches {Adam Raines} decide to move from their "home" don't forget the man who has inspired this program for the past few years and as I know him well, he will bring this program back to the top...... Coach Smith will bring Bradley Wrestling back to the untouchable level.......Good Luck Coach Smith

BACK to the top? Do you mean the team that just won it's 4th consecutive State Duals Championship? At the banquet, Coach Logsdon said that these Seniors were 91-1 during their careers and won 27 of 28 tournaments entered, including 7 State Championships and 1 Runner-up in 8 opportunities. BACK the top? Really? :rolleyes:

Edited by DaisyMay

BACK to the top? Do you mean the team that just won it's 4th consecutive State Duals Championship? At the banquet, Coach Logsdon said that these Seniors were 91-1 during their careers and won 27 of 28 tournaments entered, including 7 State Championships and 1 Runner-up in 8 opportunities. BACK the top? Really? :rolleyes:

You are right DaisyMay I could have said that better.... That was just for the people who think because we have lost some kids and coaches this year we are not going to be any good next year..Coach Smith will have those boys ready to go next year...And forgot to say Good Luck to Coach Raines in his new job next year as well..

This looks like a thread started to take a jab at Coach Rains for leaving Bradley to goto Walker Valley. Because this thread really makes no sense with the title of the topic and the posts you made.

Maybe. Maybe not. Coach Rains has been clear on why he had to go. Walker Valley was able to offer him the one thing that Bradley could not. A Full Pay position, rather than Teacher-aid pay. No PE position is open at Bradley, and there is now one at WV, complete with double the pay he is now getting. With no position coming open soon and after waiting for 2 or 3 years, he is doing what he has to do just to get through this economy. Logsdon, Smith, and Jackson have worked to keep him, but there is no light at the end of the tunnel for this Bear. There just is no job available. The Bradley faithful know these facts and hopefully will be fair to him.

Well, not that it matters but Walker Valleys whole staff is from Bradley. There is only so many coaches and teaching positions that a school can offer to keep people in house. So Coach Rains leaving is not really a surprise because of the change of position but will be different seeing him cheering on the mustangs. Walker Valley is a good school and continues to improve every year.

No no jab on Coach Rains we know why he left. Its a jab at all the people going around saying we are finished and have no shot at even going to state next year or the next few years....

Who exactly are : " all the people going around saying we are finished ...?". I know it is off season and traffic on the board is slow but you appear to be the ONLY one coming up with this stupidity. Trying to create conflict where none exists may wind your clock but I suspect most on here see it as the BS it is. No one with even a casual knowledge of TN wrestling would dismiss Bradley and say they " are finished and have no shot of even going to state...". A down year for Bradley means they are only the second or third best team in the state and never more than a weightclass or two away from being number one. It is cliche and true that "Bradley doesn't rebuild, they reload". Seems obvious to every one following the sport except you who claim to be an insider. Strange.

Who exactly are : " all the people going around saying we are finished ...?". I know it is off season and traffic on the board is slow but you appear to be the ONLY one coming up with this stupidity. Trying to create conflict where none exists may wind your clock but I suspect most on here see it as the BS it is. No one with even a casual knowledge of TN wrestling would dismiss Bradley and say they " are finished and have no shot of even going to state...". A down year for Bradley means they are only the second or third best team in the state and never more than a weightclass or two away from being number one. It is cliche and true that "Bradley doesn't rebuild, they reload". Seems obvious to every one following the sport except you who claim to be an insider. Strange.

Maj, I agree with you, if anyone knows anything about Bradley wrestling you can never count them out. With that said they did lose a lot from last year's team but they always have plenty of quality JV wrestlers waiting for their turn in the line up. I have no doubt Coach Smith will have the Bears in the thick of things next year and the years to come. I do have a question for Bearman3, with Logsdon "retired again", and Rains leaving for Walker Valley who will Coach Smith's assistants be?

Maj, I agree with you, if anyone knows anything about Bradley wrestling you can never count them out. With that said they did lose a lot from last year's team but they always have plenty of quality JV wrestlers waiting for their turn in the line up. I have no doubt Coach Smith will have the Bears in the thick of things next year and the years to come. I do have a question for Bearman3, with Logsdon "retired again", and Rains leaving for Walker Valley who will Coach Smith's assistants be?

Speaking of creating conflict where none exists because it winds your clock,....

What does Logsdon "retiring again" imply? Why the quotation marks?

Speaking of creating conflict where none exists because it winds your clock,....

What does Logsdon "retiring again" imply? Why the quotation marks?

slingshot, no conflict was intended with the quotation marks. If I remember correctly Logsdon did retire once only to return to coaching a few years later. Now that he's "retired again" and there appears to be openings on the staff he may decide to return to coaching once again. Anything is possible I guess. So the quotations were used to indicate maybe Logsdon might return to coaching again. I didn't think my speculation was offensive. Please accept my apologies.