District 14A 2011

volfan007

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the scrimmage go?Haven't heard anything from anyone.Were you there Thunder?Wardawg?

One of the Dawgs told me varsity ended up 3-2 LC. He said that the lineman were having problems knowing their assignments, but that is expected since they have just started working on plays. Also, he said the defense played well. Some of the fans at the game said that LC looked pretty good. I think they are favorited in their region, but after UC handing it to McKenzie things might have changed. I couldn't make it there, but Gleason scrimmages Waverly next Tuesday in Gleason. Good Luck all 14A teams!

Oh after reading Wardawg's status, I think the scrimmage was a combined 3-2. Varsity was 3-1 and JV was 1-0 Gleason. Our passing game is supposed to be stronger this year, but the people at the game said that our lineman were having trouble with lC's defensive line and they got to the quarterback pretty quickly. Also our receivers are still shaking off the rust because I think there were 3 or 4 dropped passes. I really wish I could have made it there. I wanted to watch LC's athletes!

Both Defenses played solid tonight.. SF needs to work on the o-line quite a bit with alot of bonehead missed assignments. Dresden has a solid team tho. Thier defense swarms the ball and they tackle pretty darn good. When i left it was 14-7 in the favor for dresden, lions scored on their first possession of the scrimmage with a long physical drive. SF then scroed a few possessions later on a long run by Tevarius James. Dresden second score was a fumble return for a td.

All together it was a decent showing and two even matched teams for the most part.

We play Bruceton in our home opener next week.

Good luck to dresden this season, you should do well.

• 2 weeks later...

Week Zero's Results in 14A:

Humboldt 35, Crockett County 14

Murray KY 12, Lake County 7

Milan 42, Peabody 13

Bruceton 19, South Fulton 15

Obion County 36, Union City 6

Halls 12, Gibson County 6 (OT)

Greenfield - Bye

14A Standings After Week Zero:

Halls 1-0 (0-0)

Humboldt 1-0 (0-0)

Greenfield 0-0 (0-0)

Lake County 0-1 (0-0)

Peabody 0-1 (0-0)

South Fulton 0-1 (0-0)

Union City 0-1 (0-0)

Upcoming Week One Games:

Greenfield vs Gleason

Halls vs Tipton Rosemark

Humboldt vs Milan

Lake County at Fulton County KY

Peabody vs Huntingdon

South Fulton at West Carroll

Union City vs Wayne County

Poster's note: Yes, I put Halls at the top because 1) alphabetically Halls is before Humboldt and 2) I'm a homer and may not get the chance again sans maybe this week. :roflol:

Edited by tigertiger

Week Zero's Results in 14A:

Humboldt 35, Crockett County 14

Murray KY 12, Lake County 7

Milan 42, Peabody 13

Bruceton 19, South Fulton 15

Obion County 36, Union City 6

Halls 12, Gibson County 6 (OT)

Greenfield - Bye

14A Standings After Week Zero:

Halls 1-0 (0-0)

Humboldt 1-0 (0-0)

Greenfield 0-0 (0-0)

Lake County 0-1 (0-0)

Peabody 0-1 (0-0)

South Fulton 0-1 (0-0)

Union City 0-1 (0-0)

Upcoming Week One Games:

Greenfield vs Gleason

Halls vs Tipton Rosemark

Humboldt vs Milan

Lake County at Fulton County KY

Peabody vs Huntingdon

South Fulton at West Carroll

Union City vs Wayne County

Poster's note: Yes, I put Halls at the top because 1) alphabetically Halls is before Humboldt and 2) I'm a homer and may not get the chance again sans maybe this week. :roflol:

Halls actually has a good chance to start 3-0 or 4-0 or even 5-0 this year.I look for them to beat Rosemark and really think they have a good chance of beating Union City and Gleason.Not that they will but can.

Week One's Results in 14A:

Milan 10, Humboldt 0

Lake County 42, Fulton Co KY 14

Huntingdon 34, Peabody 7

West Carroll 40, South Fulton 28

Wayne County 45, Union City 14

Halls 48, Tipton Rosemark 12

Gleason 48, Greenfield 0

14A Standings After Week One:

Halls 2-0 (0-0)

Humboldt 1-1 (0-0)

Lake County 1-1 (0-0)

Greenfield 0-1 (0-0)

Peabody 0-2 (0-0)

South Fulton 0-2 (0-0)

Union City 0-2 (0-0)

Upcoming Week One Games:

Lake County @ Greenfield (D)

Union City @ Halls (D)

South Fulton @ Humboldt (D)

Peabody at McKenzie

Halls actually has a good chance to start 3-0 or 4-0 or even 5-0 this year.I look for them to beat Rosemark and really think they have a good chance of beating Union City and Gleason.Not that they will but can.

I can only hope!!!

Edited by tigertiger

Of course, its still too early to say a whole lot about how good or how bad the teams are...but, Humboldt is looking really, really good.

Trenton is not looking so good...BUT, they have played Milan and Huntingdon in their first 2 games...why? why do you schedule these two teams right off the bat? But, Trenton was beaten pretty bad in both....

South Fulton has started off bad this year....unlike the past few years. Losses to Bruceton and W. Carroll are hard to swallow for Devil fans...I'd imagine.

Halls is 2 and 0, but they've played two, very, weak teams...so, we really dont know how good they are, or arent.

UC has had a lot of injuries, and even a player moved off...of course, they've gained two players from South Fulton...but losing to Obion Co. had to hurt...getting beaten badly had to hurt worse....they now have an offensive guard playing QB....this could be a long year for UC.

Greenfield was demolished by Gleason....Gleason looks like a really good team.

wow...sorry, Bigster, but I left Lake Co. out of my critique of the district so far....cant believe I did that...but, such is life...

Lake Co. is stil an unknown, in my humble opinion. They were beaten 12-7 by a good, Mayfield, KY team, but from what I heard, it could've been a worse defeat...Mayfield turned the ball over some...even in the red zone, and Lake Co. had a goal line stand. Then, Lake Co. beat Fulton Co bad...but, it was Fulton Co.

I do think that Lake Co. will beat my beloved Greenfield bad this Friday. I hope not, but realistically...

wow...sorry, Bigster, but I left Lake Co. out of my critique of the district so far....cant believe I did that...but, such is life...

Lake Co. is stil an unknown, in my humble opinion. They were beaten 12-7 by a good, Mayfield, KY team, but from what I heard, it could've been a worse defeat...Mayfield turned the ball over some...even in the red zone, and Lake Co. had a goal line stand. Then, Lake Co. beat Fulton Co bad...but, it was Fulton Co.

I do think that Lake Co. will beat my beloved Greenfield bad this Friday. I hope not, but realistically...

We should have a couple players back tonight hopefully.Rafael Tyler didn't dress last week and Anthony "Big Ant"Crawford ,about 330 lbs hasn't dressed this year due to a heat related problem.So looking forward to see how he helps anchor the lines.

Lake co won ,I thought it was 40-6 but all the scores posted are saying 40-7.The Greenfield kicker had plenty of leg but I thought the offficials called it wide.Doesn't matter though.Both teams had some first half miscues.Lake Co fumbled about 3 times while Greenfield had a couple interceptions the first half.Lake Co led 28-0 at half time and 40-0 at the end of the 3rd .Lake Co then went to the bench and Greenfield scored on the last play of the game with 11 seconds left.I thought Lake Co looked better defensively the second half and think or hope they'll get better as they play some more games.Was the first game to play together as a unit.If Lake Co can keep teams contained from turning the corners ,believe they'll be ok.And I thought they did alright on that for just about the whole game.Saw one play during the first half that Greenfield had about a 3rd and long and they ran to the right side with #4 and 81 on that side.Rememberd seeing someone barely get a hand on the Greenfield jersey but he turned the corner and picked up a first down.I thought had that been Huntingdon,would have been a touchdown.But in the second half the Jackets ran a similar play on a sweep and #1 was outside and turned the play in and #50 I believe came in and made a hard hit.Just seeing him outside made the ball carrier turn the play in.Lake co has enough speed in the secondary if they play that nobody should be able to score on a long pass play .Rafael Tyler had a couple picks and Devon Jones also had one that he returned for a touchdown at about 50 yards but it was called back.Cut down on some of the turnovers and I'd like to see a little toughness out of Ricky on some of his runs and things will be ok.

Edited by mrbigster

Week Two's Results in 14A:

Humboldt 21, South Fulton 13

Lake County 40, Greenfield 7

Union City 38, Halls 20

Peabody BYE

14A Standings After Week Two:

Humboldt 2-1 (1-0)

Lake County 2-1 (1-0)

Union City 1-2 (1-0)

Peabody 0-2 (0-0)

Halls 2-1 (0-1)

Greenfield 0-2 (0-1)

South Fulton 0-3 (0-1)

Upcoming Week Two Games:

Peabody @ McKenzie

Halls @ Gleason

Union City @ Huntingdon

Humboldt @ Jo Byrns

Lake County vs Reidland, KY

Greenfield vs West Carroll

South Fulton vs Fulton City, KY

Some tough games for District 14A this week!