Mcminn central

What??? Did I miss something??? Did I EVERRRRRR say anything about Central being on the same level as Polk??? NO I DIDN'T!!! As a matter of fact why don't you check the Polk thread and what I have said in this thread then tell me who I think is the better program. :thumb: As far as me laughing about the OC, that was and is hilarious!!! Play calling didn't get you beat it was the WORSE CALL EVER IN HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS when Polk went for 2 instead of kicking the extra point with a kicker who could kick it to Etowah and hit the Hardees sign!!! :thumb:

No offence to PC's kicker but, he had already missed one PAT and shanked a kickoff that cause MC to have 40 yards to go to tie the game. As for that being a bad call i disagree. Now the play call on the other hand was terrible. Why run it wide on a wet field when you have a full back who shreaded MC all night and a better O than D front??

No offence to PC's kicker but, he had already missed one PAT and shanked a kickoff that cause MC to have 40 yards to go to tie the game. As for that being a bad call i disagree. Now the play call on the other hand was terrible. Why run it wide on a wet field when you have a full back who shreaded MC all night and a better O than D front??

The polk co. kicker didn't shank it,It was an onside kick by polk to try to get the ball and run the clock out.But central recovered, marched down and scored.It was a great game to watch.

The polk co. kicker didn't shank it,It was an onside kick by polk to try to get the ball and run the clock out.But central recovered, marched down and scored.It was a great game to watch.

In retrospect, the key to the game was when Polk scored on a 58 yard touchdown run late in the game. Polk had been successful just running right at the Chargers and moving the chains. Had they continued to drive the ball and get first downs, they run the clock out. If I remember right, the Wildcats had blown a 21-7 half time lead. I have always heard that it was a shanked kicked but the kid was an all-stater who was kicking it out of the endzone. I thought that the Polk defense was as tired as the Central defense was. So the thinking might have been to on-side it because DD knew his defense could not stop the Chargers who had dominated the second half offensively. That turned out to be true as Barrett Barnett and Ryan Slack made the plays to tie it and put it away in overtime.

In the 2009 game which Central won 20-0, the game really was not that close. Polk only had about 2 or 3 first downs in the first half. Had to abandon the wing-t and go the power-I in the second half. It was a nasty evening to play football but Central's defense was clearly superior that night.

Everybody in 5AA is chasing Polk County. They have been the dominate team in the past 10 years. Hopefully, the whole district can make some improvements in competitiveness.

:thumb:

In retrospect, the key to the game was when Polk scored on a 58 yard touchdown run late in the game. Polk had been successful just running right at the Chargers and moving the chains. Had they continued to drive the ball and get first downs, they run the clock out. If I remember right, the Wildcats had blown a 21-7 half time lead. I have always heard that it was a shanked kicked but the kid was an all-stater who was kicking it out of the endzone. I thought that the Polk defense was as tired as the Central defense was. So the thinking might have been to on-side it because DD knew his defense could not stop the Chargers who had dominated the second half offensively. That turned out to be true as Barrett Barnett and Ryan Slack made the plays to tie it and put it away in overtime.

In the 2009 game which Central won 20-0, the game really was not that close. Polk only had about 2 or 3 first downs in the first half. Had to abandon the wing-t and go the power-I in the second half. It was a nasty evening to play football but Central's defense was clearly superior that night.

Everybody in 5AA is chasing Polk County. They have been the dominate team in the past 10 years. Hopefully, the whole district can make some improvements in competitiveness.

Very well put! :thumb: But the 2009 final was 16 to 0. Not that in matters. One of the most yucky nights as far as weather goes for everyone

One big question for all of the Mcminn central fans.Will Central win any games this year?And who might it be?Give me your input please.I am gonna say they maybe go 1-9,They may beat Notre Dame or Sweetwater.One or the other,They are both at home.If they don't beat one or both of them,Well lets just say another winless year.jmo

I got a few thoughts on this. First I'm a polk alum and was on the team from 2000-2004. That beging said I think the central fans just need to get behing the young men that are going to be there and practice hard because My freshmen year which was Derrick Davis first year we only won 2 games and had talent to win more but new coach new system. I really would like to see central get better and give polk a tough game. Its one of my favorite games of the year since Basin is scared to play polk. But I'm just saying give the coach and his staff some time and get the little league coaches on the same page because I think thats what helps Polk out is the little league system is one of the best around as is Loudon's. Hope the chargers improve and keep getting better good luck to you guys this year.

One big question for all of the Mcminn central fans.Will Central win any games this year?And who might it be?Give me your input please.I am gonna say they maybe go 1-9,They may beat Notre Dame or Sweetwater.One or the other,They are both at home.If they don't beat one or both of them,Well lets just say another winless year.jmo

A head coach must be able to get everything and everyone on the same page.I know there are problems in the LL there because i've heard from people that live in both towns.Its the same way with Madisonville and Vonore.Theres alot of good people in both towns but alot do think their kids gets poorly treated because of where their from.So they think when the kid is a freshman they should be starting over a senior from the other town.I would ask this how many practices or games did the coach come to last year on both sides in LL.I seen Seq.coach at one practice and at 2 games all year.When your loseing its hard to get the kids to buy in ,but they also have to respect the coach,sounds like theres not much respect i see or hear.A good coach as to be able to get those players to run through a brick wall for them,its not happening at Seq.and it don't seem to be happening there.I hear the same thing up here if you ask the kids what they think about the coach they will say hes a joke,things can't be good when thats happening.

My best guess is 0-10 Same coaches, same talent, same results

Very accurate assesment. :thumb:

I'm not as familiar with the students at central as I have been in years past, but traditionally the best athletes at chs have not played football. Instead they played basketball and baseball. From watching central athletics the past couple years in particular, the talent pool in every athletic program is way down. It will be back at some point, but right now it is very bad across the board. Could the little league programs do more to prepare the kids?? Probably so. Could the coaches do a better job??? Probably so. Does a 170 lb D linemanhave a chance against a 260 lb pulling guard and a 230 lb full back from polk co???? Heck no!!! I'm just trying to say its hard to make chicken salad from well you know...