Sequoyah's schedule

wingman10

I thought SHS would have the 8th grade Madisonville bunch that ran rought shod over the Sequoyah Conference a couple of years ago. As 8th graders, they had some size and skilled guys. These guys should be playing some by now. I know they lost several key skilled players. How much longer is Satterfield going to coach? Losing Coach Conner will hurt. Do you have a replacement? Have the Chiefs done any 7 on 7?

Well don't know about any 7 on 7 haven't heard anything.I think hes got 1 or 2 years left thats me guessing.The kids you are talking about are juniors and seniors now.Thats why i said if they don't go at least 7 and 3 it would be a bad year for them.What scares me is the work ethic in the weight room in the winter.Its about Feb.before it really gets started and its pretty much come if you want to.Now they are working hard now i heard, but i dont know if you have to be there or just show up if you want to.

I believe weight room is key.You have to start as soon as you can.And they must be there to work out.Now i know you have to have tallent to ,but the weight room can get you a couple of more wins.You can't just feel like your a great coach and because your a great coach that the kids are going to win every ballgame.Its differenet now then it was in the 70"s and 80"s.Good exsample of this is Polk.They have 500 stundents and Sequoyah has 1000.Are there better players in Polk then in Sequoyah no i don't think so.I think at Polk it starts in the weight room and from what ive been told its a good program .Now tell me if Polks kids wasn't in the weight room would they win as many ballgames ,i would think not.Maybe i'm wrong but to compete its about a year around process.Tell me what you all think.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought SHS would have the 8th grade Madisonville bunch that ran rought shod over the Sequoyah Conference a couple of years ago. As 8th graders, they had some size and skilled guys. These guys should be playing some by now. I know they lost several key skilled players. How much longer is Satterfield going to coach? Losing Coach Conner will hurt. Do you have a replacement? Have the Chiefs done any 7 on 7?

Most of those kids were starting before the end of their 9th grade season. As juniors this season, they will be a force.

Fri Aug. 19 Rockwood

Fri Aug. 26 Tellico Plains

Fri Sep. 2 Meigs County D

Fri Sep. 9 at Lenoir City

Fri Sep. 16 at Cumberland County

Fri Sep. 30 at McMinn Central D

Fri Oct. 7 at Scott County

Fri Oct. 14 Polk County D

Fri Oct. 21 Loudon

Fri Oct. 28 at Sweetwater D

Good luck. Work hard to be ready for Rockwood. Go Chiefs!

I think heres how it will go.

I think Rockwood will be a tuff game for us,and when they play they will be a step ahead.Rockwood 26 SEQ.13

Meigs will still be down.SEQ.24 MEIGS 7

L.C. WINS IN A tight one 21 to 20

Cumberland this game could go either way .

Miminn having troubles Seq.28 Central 6

Scott still gets us but in a tight one 14 to 13

Tellico i think will be better but not that much SEQ.26 TELLICO 6

Polk is Polk great program Polk 28 SEQ 6

lOUDOUN another great program Loudoun 26 Seq.13

Sweetwater will be better this year hired a good assit.coach out of midway and i heard they have really been in the weight room this winter.This game could go either way .

just my thought.

I think heres how it will go.

I think Rockwood will be a tuff game for us,and when they play they will be a step ahead.Rockwood 26 SEQ.13

Meigs will still be down.SEQ.24 MEIGS 7

L.C. WINS IN A tight one 21 to 20

Cumberland this game could go either way .

Miminn having troubles Seq.28 Central 6

Scott still gets us but in a tight one 14 to 13

Tellico i think will be better but not that much SEQ.26 TELLICO 6

Polk is Polk great program Polk 28 SEQ 6

lOUDOUN another great program Loudoun 26 Seq.13

Sweetwater will be better this year hired a good assit.coach out of midway and i heard they have really been in the weight room this winter.This game could go either way .

just my thought.

Cumberland County is not very good. I would think the Chiefs take that one. Believe that the Chiefs get beat by Lenior City by at least maybe 4 touchdowns. So 5 and 5 is going to be about it for the 2011 Chiefs but you guys make the playoffs in 4A. Good luck!

Cumberland County is not very good. I would think the Chiefs take that one. Believe that the Chiefs get beat by Lenior City by at least maybe 4 touchdowns. So 5 and 5 is going to be about it for the 2011 Chiefs but you guys make the playoffs in 4A. Good luck!

Wasn't sure about cumberland hadn't heard nothing on them ,thats why i gave it a toss up.Seq.has tallent this year in kids like huffman,mckane,dyer,arp,thats to name a few.thats why they should go at least 7 and 3.Thats why i said anything else is not good.Someone from Sweetwater said he thought they would struggle this year to.He said they would be better in a year or 2.So i say if he can't do no better then 7 and 3 time to move on and get some young blood in there.

Wasn't sure about cumberland hadn't heard nothing on them ,thats why i gave it a toss up.Seq.has tallent this year in kids like huffman,mckane,dyer,arp,thats to name a few.thats why they should go at least 7 and 3.Thats why i said anything else is not good.Someone from Sweetwater said he thought they would struggle this year to.He said they would be better in a year or 2.So i say if he can't do no better then 7 and 3 time to move on and get some young blood in there.

I see you are still at it wreaking havoc or just wreaking possibly. I just want the playoffs and a victory over Sweetwater if we get that I'll be happy. Not you though you got to put stipulations like 7 wins in there. Something we havent seen in a long time but now you want it this season. It would be great to get 7 wins but that is really a stretch.

I see you are still at it wreaking havoc or just wreaking possibly. I just want the playoffs and a victory over Sweetwater if we get that I'll be happy. Not you though you got to put stipulations like 7 wins in there. Something we havent seen in a long time but now you want it this season. It would be great to get 7 wins but that is really a stretch.

No not really.I havent said much at all since hes been there.I know hes got a lot of tallent this year.I'm not putting any other teams down at all just going on what ive heard out and about and on here.Im hear that central,meigs,cumberland,sweetwater,tellico are not going to be that strong.Rockwood is a smaller school but will be a descent team and loudoun and scott and l.c well be pretty good,and polk is always good.A good coach should be able to get a couple of more wins,that is what good coach's do.Everyone that played for him at Greenback says hes not the same coach he once was.If he is going to coach he needs to get back to that.So no i don't think 7 wins is a stretch.A football coach don't need to be coaching basketball.Maybe i'm wrong but how many does that.Everything they do needs to be toward the football program.If you want a team like Polk you have to have a program like Polk.Lets see 500 students and 7.8,9,wins a year proof is there don't you think.I'm not against him ,i hope he does well and gets the program where it needs to be,but its not going to happen with the way its being done.Its a year around thing so put the time in .

Now if i hear right they do scrimmage this friday i think,but its what i heard can't swear to it ,they play sunbright and n.dame and harriman.at SEQ.

On a sad note a great friend of mine got killed on a motorcycle today going to work.James felker was the Madisonville little league commish.He coached alot of the kids that are at Sequoyah right now.He was the head coach for the Madisonville juniors.Please pray for his wife stacy and his family .He was a great guy and went all out for the kids he will be missed,

On a sad note a great friend of mine got killed on a motorcycle today going to work.James felker was the Madisonville little league commish.He coached alot of the kids that are at Sequoyah right now.He was the head coach for the Madisonville juniors.Please pray for his wife stacy and his family .He was a great guy and went all out for the kids he will be missed,

Thoughts and prayers from this poster.