and your 2011 INDY EAGLES - (your input plrase )

sarahpalin

1) Centennial better make the playoffs with this creampuff schedule or Rector may not stay long.

2) Does an easy schedule like this really prepare you for the playoffs? I guess we will see. I think the Cougars can possibly make it.

3)I, like BeeVee, heard the defense was shotty. What's the deal with the defensive side of the ball? When do they scrimmage someone to see if things have improved?

You folks do not seem to like your HC. I met him a couple times and he seems like a very nice guy! Give the man a chance. He has definitely been exposed to some of the best coaching/training that a potential coach could get...........lighten up!

How many of you have actually played football. How many of you have actually coached football (at least at the HS level...........Jr Pro does not count). How about it Sarah or Taco..........any real snaps. You must have; cause you got all the answers.

@ Slaggit , I'm sure Mr Dyson is a nice guy, but just because your a nice guy does not makes you a good coach. I will also add, just because you played in the NFL and you were coached by Fisher does not automaticlly make you a good coach. Does it help ? Yes but it does not in anyway make you a good coach......Take Dyson resume for instance. A year at FRA as a special guest coach, a few years as receiver coach at Glennclife then without even being an (o or d cord ) he snags the head coaching and AD job at one of the best conference in the state.

I am giving coach D a chance, but did you see all the mistakes last year.Did you see they were out coached ,or the simple offensive scheme...

Since you asked and I have stated a few times over 3 years as someone will always say once in awhile did you ever play it coach.....yes I did..... Does this make my opinion or comments on this topic or others better then yours , tacos, Dan Patrick? No not at all.

So with that I played at Notre Dame , where I never started but did get muddy from time to time in 4 years. Went on to be an OC at a catholic high school for many years, and did coach overseas for great Britain so to answer you yep sure did.......Sorry no NFL...

But I did something Dyson never did ( catch pass from a hall a famer ) I caught a pass from troy aikmen last week. I reside along 30a in Destin area and sean payton had a 7 on 7 beach football game with Romo, Aikmen and Bobby Carpenter. Aikmen had errant pass and sure hands watching on sidelines snagged it.........

Go to www.WaltonSun.com for article pics

2-8?

With a pansy schedule like that plus a weak district they better not finish with only two wins. I don't think Rector could stomach it.

I have heard that there are a couple of freshmen that could contribute varsity wise. Any more details on that?

Also heard from one of the dads that the key was going to be improving the defense from spring ball. He said he wasn't sure if there were key players missing or just a bad scheme. Did you hear anything about spring ball?

Before taking pot shots at their schedule, let's remember CHS has won a total of three games the past two years. Winning breeds confidence, something they definitely need, and taking on lesser competition makes sense. I saw one of the spring scrimmages and while some may think the D was spotty, they were aggressive and flew to the ball, an element certainly missing the last four years.

As for the thread question, Indy won't break .500.

2-8?

With a pansy schedule like that plus a weak district they better not finish with only two wins. I don't think Rector could stomach it.

I have heard that there are a couple of freshmen that could contribute varsity wise. Any more details on that?

Also heard from one of the dads that the key was going to be improving the defense from spring ball. He said he wasn't sure if there were key players missing or just a bad scheme. Did you hear anything about spring ball?

Spring ball, did great against Lebanon. Stopped their offense, scored several times. Did ok against Mt. Juliet. Surprisingly stopped a very strong run game that had a huge line up front, but gave up some deep passes on a very fast but very inexperienced secondary.

CHS's schedule is not really a pansy schedule (no Page, or the like, ha), its a smart schedule for a team in transition, and one with a lot of work and building to do, and in light of the z plan. I highly doubt the schdule will be the same in 2 years, after they have gone 7-3 or 8-2 or 9-1 or 10-0.

I have heard they have picked up a couple of very big and strong freshman. Word is also out on a couple of out of town transfers, upper classmen, that could really contribute.

2-8 wont happen. I threw that out there for the CHS haters. 5-5, 6-4, 7-3 are more like it. They will have a great season to showcase a new CHS program. Odds are they will give every team they play all they can handle and will finish with at least a handful of wins and a couple of games into the playoffs.

Anyone know about scrimmages coming up for Indy or Centennial? I know Williamson County used to take on Rutherford County often in preseason scrimmages. Centennial used to scrimmage Siegel quite often it seemed like and I read in another thread that Brentwood is going to scrimmage Oakland. Any news Palin or Taco on scrimmages for your teams?

Anyone know about scrimmages coming up for Indy or Centennial? I know Williamson County used to take on Rutherford County often in preseason scrimmages. Centennial used to scrimmage Siegel quite often it seemed like and I read in another thread that Brentwood is going to scrimmage Oakland. Any news Palin or Taco on scrimmages for your teams?

I think Indy scrimmages Riverdale.

In case you are wondering about changes Eubanks is the new DC after being the OC last season.

I wasn't aware of that. I don't recall the defense being very stout over in "The Station" when he was the DC although he had some guys that could overcome. Things should be interesting on Mallory come this fall.

Palin, were you an Eagles fan back in that time frame? What can CHS expect out of Coach E's D?

• 4 weeks later...

2011 INDY EAGLES -

Without your " homer tainted " glasses on , what do you expect from them this year - give me a game by game breakdown a win or loss ...

Have they named # 1 QB yet

Have they found a running back ?

The defense and the kicker will have to carry a heavy burden this year and the schedule does not help the Eagles.

Im sorry , not sold on Dyson and what he brings to the table and with the current bunch of WILCO head coaches he is the bottom feeder

lastly will INDY score over 110 pts this year >>>>>>>

Some of you who care to see what's going on behind the scenes please read the below information on Independence and form your own opinion:

From what I have heard that Dyson and his head coach The Dictator Todd Campbell is more concerned about trying to slander a former coach because all of the sophomores left for Summit rather than worry about the football program. Also can anyone confirm if it is a TSSAA rules violation if one of your coaches work a college camp where your current players attend. I took my son who was one of the sophomores that transferred to Summit to UT's camp back in July and I saw three Independence starters Chase and Brandon Swayze along with Landon Foster and one of their coaches were working the camp. Here is the email that Coach Dyson sent out to us back in April advising us that we can not attend a camp that some of our coaches are working. Now my question is why is this still happening and why is Campbell and Dyson still trying to harass a former coach. I am attaching the email for each of you to reach from Coach Dyson to us. What will the TSSAA do about this considering Dyson and Campbell throw their weight around to people.

Consequently, I have to mention combines and camps. One of our Coaches, hosts several combines, camps and things of that nature, and several of our players have attended or may be planning on attending one. With that being said, since he is an employee of Independence, any kid zoned for or currently attending Independence High School CANNOT participate in any of the events in which Coach or any other Independence High School employee is directly or indirectly associated with. So as long as Coach is an employee of Independence High School no athlete zoned for or currently attending Independence can participate. We found out this winter that we violated TSSAA Bylaws and to assure that we do not do this in the future I want to inform you all of this now

Thank you and have a nice day,

Kevin T. Dyson , M.Ed.L

Athletic Director

Head Football Coach

Independence High School

1776 Declaration Way

Thompson's Station, TN 37179

Office - (615)472-4616

Fax - (615)472-4621

Email - kevind1@wcs.edu

Some of you who care to see what's going on behind the scenes please read the below information on Independence and form your own opinion:

From what I have heard that Dyson and his head coach The Dictator Todd Campbell is more concerned about trying to slander a former coach because all of the sophomores left for Summit rather than worry about the football program. Also can anyone confirm if it is a TSSAA rules violation if one of your coaches work a college camp where your current players attend. I took my son who was one of the sophomores that transferred to Summit to UT's camp back in July and I saw three Independence starters Chase and Brandon Swayze along with Landon Foster and one of their coaches were working the camp. Here is the email that Coach Dyson sent out to us back in April advising us that we can not attend a camp that some of our coaches are working. Now my question is why is this still happening and why is Campbell and Dyson still trying to harass a former coach. I am attaching the email for each of you to reach from Coach Dyson to us. What will the TSSAA do about this considering Dyson and Campbell throw their weight around to people.

Consequently, I have to mention combines and camps. One of our Coaches, hosts several combines, camps and things of that nature, and several of our players have attended or may be planning on attending one. With that being said, since he is an employee of Independence, any kid zoned for or currently attending Independence High School CANNOT participate in any of the events in which Coach or any other Independence High School employee is directly or indirectly associated with. So as long as Coach is an employee of Independence High School no athlete zoned for or currently attending Independence can participate. We found out this winter that we violated TSSAA Bylaws and to assure that we do not do this in the future I want to inform you all of this now

Kevin T. Dyson , M.Ed.L

Athletic Director

Head Football Coach

Independence High School

1776 Declaration Way

Office - (615)472-4616

Fax - (615)472-4621

Email - kevind1@wcs.edu

Thanks for the heads up! what would we do with out the world's best whistle blowers of the world :rolleyes:

Kevin T. Dyson , M.Ed.L

Athletic Director

Head Football Coach

Independence High School

1776 Declaration Way

Office - (615)472-4616

Fax - (615)472-4621

Email - kevind1@wcs.edu

IndyNation8 is some idiot that obviously didnt have a good run in with Dyson or Campbell, eather he wasnt good enough to coach with Dyson or his son wasnt good enough to play at Indy. With that being said i think Indys team this year has a great chance to fly under the radar and surprise many especially with there first game of the season at Blackman and could upset the Blaze. They got a strong senior class and the best punter/kicker in the nation who will dominate feild position all year for the eagles and will really help in the long run.