District 7-A

How will things be this year? They're aren't really any impact players back like Godwin, Jones, and Boles. Will 7-A be down this year?

7a along with the entire region will be down. Pickett County was one of the younger teams in the district last year. They'll be looking for a new coach but i'm sure they'll pick a good one and I look for them to repeat as district champions. Whoever makes it out of the region will get blown in the sub-state because I don't see a good team in the region...

7a along with the entire region will be down. Pickett County was one of the younger teams in the district last year. They'll be looking for a new coach but i'm sure they'll pick a good one and I look for them to repeat as district champions. Whoever makes it out of the region will get blown in the sub-state because I don't see a good team in the region...

Any news on PC's coaching search?

How will things be this year? They're aren't really any impact players back like Godwin, Jones, and Boles. Will 7-A be down this year?

There isn't any "impact" players back this year but there are very good and young teams. Pickett county of course is the defending champs with just about all their main pieces in place so they will be tough. Clarkrange will be jst as tough if not tougher than last year. They lost Jones but may have an incoming player from crossville to play in the post, and they have henry twins and rest of the same team from last year's runner up squad. I believe these two teams will battle it out again for district.

He'll be receiving a pretty good ball club, I like PC taking the region this year...

Even though PC only lost 2 players, that hurt them a lot. Elder and Aaron were a lot of the teams toughness, and Aaron was definitely one of the leaders on the team. Elder will be missed on the boards and in the paint, as Aaron will be on the perimeter and in the backcourt.

Even though PC only lost 2 players, that hurt them a lot. Elder and Aaron were a lot of the teams toughness, and Aaron was definitely one of the leaders on the team. Elder will be missed on the boards and in the paint, as Aaron will be on the perimeter and in the backcourt.

But the players that Clay County, Jackson County, and Clarkrange lost, especially JC and CC, it was basically their team and what their team was built around. Now from watching the teams from last year out of those 3 teams Clarkrange will probably be able to come back and do good this year. But last year Boles and Godwin was basically it for JC and CC to go along with the other seniors they lost...They'll be hurting. For the most part PC was a pretty young team from what I was told and should be ok this upcoming season.

I would really like to hear from Midtensportsfan on how good JC will actually be this year and how they are talented enough to be playing in the state championship!

Edited by swanson71

But the players that Clay County, Jackson County, and Clarkrange lost, especially JC and CC, it was basically their team and what their team was built around. Now from watching the teams from last year out of those 3 teams Clarkrange will probably be able to come back and do good this year. But last year Boles and Godwin was basically it for JC and CC to go along with the other seniors they lost...They'll be hurting. For the most part PC was a pretty young team from what I was told and should be ok this upcoming season.

I would really like to hear from Midtensportsfan on how good JC will actually be this year and how they are talented enough to be playing in the state championship!

i'm not so sure Midtensportsfan has the guts to say anything on here about how JC will be doing anything in state. he basically got eaten alive on here once his precious Jackson County team got stomped by FC last year in region which ended their season. :roflol: :roflol:

district very weak, they were weak last year but not so much as this year JC, PC, and clay all lost their best players and C'range without Jones so district 8 may dominate a weak region.I look for FC, Gordonsville and Trousdale co. to have fair teams but short lived in post season.