9AA

flip

Rumor out of Greenbrier is that Nick Young has grown several inches. If so, he should be capable of really helping them out this year. Excellent ball-handler that can make 3's. Probably couldn't take over a game but would be very reliable running the team. Him and J.R. Brown are going to be a nice combo for the Bobcats the next couple of years.

Thanks to a few great sponsors, this year the White House Blue Devils will get to enjoy playing on a newly refinished court. It was sanded, stained and painted, and re-coated. It looks great. Hope everyone enjoys the new look for the Devils! thumb[1].gif

P.S. It's gonna be great hanging a new District championship banner on the wall! BDP!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor out of Greenbrier is that Nick Young has grown several inches. If so, he should be capable of really helping them out this year. Excellent ball-handler that can make 3's. Probably couldn't take over a game but would be very reliable running the team. Him and J.R. Brown are going to be a nice combo for the Bobcats the next couple of years.

Peach and Thacker are our best players and HHS couldnt stop them last nite when we spanked them

Peach and Thacker are our best players and HHS couldnt stop them last nite when we spanked them

You forgot the 'stabilizer:' Chris Holbert. He's the epitome of a point guard and silent leader. Makes good decisions, hustles, plays defense, good...no, GREAT! passer and even rebounds. Scores, too, when needed. I would LOVE to have him as a teammate and hope my son watches what he does and appreciates it. He's the one that IF Craig , Sam and Jackson would've stayed, would be an integral part of a state-bound team, no doubt! That means we would've (coulda, shoulda, I know...) had Connor, Tyler and others filling that 5th spot consistently and, uhh!, oh what a team we would have. But, it wasn't meant to be and we certainly can't cry over spilt milk. That's why I love watchin' this team. And a 'TEAM' they are. They're 'survivors' and fun to watch. No quit in 'em, either.

Yeah, they beat Harpeth...which, to me, was by far the more talented team...by playing as a team and Harpeth was even allowed to play 10X more physical. Heck, I think 2 of the refs wore blue and red shirts underneath their stripes. The third guy even 'got knocked the heck out' by gettin' in the way one time. Thankfully, he wasn't hurt, but it was TOO funny!

As far as the future, who knows. We've certainly got some good talent coming and lots of it. But, as I've seen in GB-land before, some just don't have the passion or dedication to be REAL good. The future certainly looks bright, but there are too many variables to be making predictions. I'm just gonna enjoy this team this year and hope they keep playing hard and smart.

GO :thumb: Cats!