Sullivan South Rebel Football 2011

crawdad

the GREENEVILLE GREEN DEVILS are going to miss cracking pads with the you guys good luck this year.

Big Greene, you guys won the Gold Ball last year but to think that you can play with Alcoa is down right S.T.U.P.I.D.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i WOULD'NT GET TO COMFORTABLE IN YOUR SEATS FOR THIS GAME BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY O.V.E.R.!!!!!!!!! Better enjoy the trophy because after the beat down your going to get in this game you might be so ashamed, you might have to give it back. :roflol:

Big Greene, you guys won the Gold Ball last year but to think that you can play with Alcoa is down right S.T.U.P.I.D.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i WOULD'NT GET TO COMFORTABLE IN YOUR SEATS FOR THIS GAME BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY O.V.E.R.!!!!!!!!! Better enjoy the trophy because after the beat down your going to get in this game you might be so ashamed, you might have to give it back. :roflol:

BigGreene didn’t direct anything at you in his post. Why did you feel the need to take a shot at Greeneville? Are you jealous? It sure sounds like it. For your information, even if Alcoa beats Greeneville this year, they will still have a real state championship. Can DB say the same?

By the way, I believe the Alcoa game will be much closer than you think. Either way, at least Greeneville has the guts to actually play tough teams. That is more than I can say about some teams. Maybe if DB would play better teams during the season, then they would be better prepared for the playoffs?

Edited by GvilleDevilsFan

BigGreene didn’t direct anything at you in his post. Why did you feel the need to take a shot at Greeneville? Are you jealous? It sure sounds like it. For your information, even if Alcoa beats Greeneville this year, they will still have a real state championship. Can DB say the same?

By the way, I believe the Alcoa game will be much closer than you think. Either way, at least Greeneville has the guts to actually play tough teams. That is more than I can say about some teams. Maybe if DB would play better teams during the season, then they would be better prepared for the playoffs?

We always have played tough teams, at least until the TSSAA put us in the Big 8. Oh, and yes we have State Championships and even a National Championship if you just take the time to look it up. Last time i checked Farragut is still on the schedule. They are always a strong contender. Sorry we could'nt schedule Chucky Doak Middle school like you guys do. :thumb:

We always have played tough teams, at least until the TSSAA put us in the Big 8. Oh, and yes we have State Championships and even a National Championship if you just take the time to look it up. Last time i checked Farragut is still on the schedule. They are always a strong contender. Sorry we could'nt schedule Chucky Doak Middle school like you guys do. :thumb:

DB does have a state championship, but I think they wore leather helmets back then. The folks at DB are jealous of the DEVILS.

Edited by JohnnyReb20

Rebel camp is this week and captains should be selected then. Jhilts was correct...some seniors missing from the list (CJ Morelock for one). As for this season, we'll learn more after 2 a days and scrimmages. We have North first, then Knox Powell. As for 7 on 7's is concerned, we learned we have work to do, but it really reflects very little on how the season may turn out. We are hopeful, but as last year, we face a gauntlet early on in the schedule.

I just know I'm ready for some football and can't wait for Aug 19th at ENKA HS.

Go Rebels!!!!!

DB does have a state championship, but I think they wore leather helmets back then. The folks at DB are jealous of the DEVILS.

I would say it's a classic case of psychobssessivejealosity. Or maybe PMDD. I understand both are very painful and very hard to treat.

I would say it's a classic case of psychobssessivejealosity. Or maybe PMDD. I understand both are very painful and very hard to treat.

Wow!!! I'm impressed with the terminology. Those adult education classes are really starting to work. And in a few short years i see. Great job jhilts. We are so proud of you. :thumb:

Yeah, were jealous alright. We beat you in our gamelike scrimmage last year and then you guys go win state. You should be thanking us for setting the bar so high and showing you the toughest team you guys played all year. Wish we could choose to play down. That always helps in the win column. Oh, and when we played with our leather helmets, we played COLLEGE TEAMS and thrashed them. Most of our players went on to win National Championships in College and get stadiums named for them. Yeah, i guess we should be jealous.

Dang 91, a little touchie today arn't we? Beating Alcoa would be a tall order for anybody in the state, including private schools. Greenville and DB had pretty weak regular season schedules last year. Farragut for DB and South for Greenville being the only good teams either faced. I would give Greenville a pat on the back for playing Alcoa this year. Even if they lose it will help them come playoff time. I don't think the 4A playoff road will be as easy as last year. As for as DB's schedule I don't see what they can do at this point. Everybody knows that upper east tn. is on the weak side in football. I think we have good players but weak coaching overall. Schools up here just don't pay enough to attract good coaches.

Notice that I said “real†state championship. You probably weren’t even alive for your last “championshipâ€. It is much like when DB is ranked high in the state every year, yet everyone knows that they aren’t among the state’s elite teams. It’s like clockwork, DB gets ranked high by beating smaller NE TN teams, then they get reality check during the playoffs. Maybe if you would play legitimate competition like Maryville or Alcoa, then you could actually improve your program. Instead, you guys like to brag about how many wins you have in the history of the program. The rest of us are smart enough to realize that means nothing, except that you’ve been around for many years and played lesser competition.

If you really think the Greene Devils team you scrimmaged was the same as during the regular season, then you are truly delusional. Carmichael went from being just one of the two QB options to being Mr. Football. I think virtually everyone agrees that Greeneville would have handled DB in a real game. I can’t imagine your reaction had Greeneville actually beaten DB for the second straight time in the regular season. In case you forgot, Greeneville beat DB the last time they played. That was before Greeneville greatly improved the program too.

I hate making post like this, but your misguided arrogance is a bit much for me to ignore. Just remember, you are the one who started this stuff with your unprovoked comments regarding actual state champions. I have no problem with the rest of the DB fans, but I couldn’t let your comments go.

Why would a D-B fan be jealous of a 3A state title?It's got to be 3A cause thats the teams you play.SGREENE,WGREENE,CDORK,CGUMP and GRAINGER,CCOUNTY who are weak 4A teams.SON,Until you go 6A stay over in Greeneville were people are impressed.Let me ask you?Where were the State Titles before yall moved down?But anyway.