Sullivan South Rebel Football 2011

crawdad

Why do you keep living in the past? If you can’t see the difference between Greeneville’s program now and Greeneville program all those years, then I can’t help you. It is much like what will likely happen to Science Hill over the next few years. They finally have the coaching staff and facilities to build a winner, so they will be greatly improved in my opinion over the next few years.

Dobyns Bennett has nearly three times as many students as Greeneville, so I’m not naïve enough to think that we would win the majority of our games against you. You simply have more overall talent year in and year out. However, I am certain that the individual talent that Greeneville has is every bit as good if not better than DB’s. Did you have anyone last year that could keep up with Carmichael? I doubt it. Do you have any linemen this year that are better than Terrell Rollins or Jamel Hall? I doubt it. Do you have anyone who is faster than Shuffler (4.38 forty)? I doubt it. Do you have a better kicker than Ogle? I doubt it. I could go on.

I’m not asking you to say that Greeneville would dominate DB, all I’m asking is for you to at least show us a little respect. Just acknowledge that Greeneville is more than capable of beating DB on occasion. I mean, we did beat DB the last time we played you guys. Plus, we are a MUCH better program now with the updated program, new facilities and great coaching staff. You guys would likely still beat us more than we beat you due to the size difference of the school, but it wouldn’t be as lopsided as the historic record (there were many years when no one cared about football in Greeneville). I just wish we could schedule you guys every year. That would give both teams better competition during the regular season, and I think you would walk away with a new respect for how good Greeneville is, win or lose. Regardless of who wins the scrimmage, I’m sure your players will walk away respecting how good Greeneville is. It’s funny, programs like Maryville have shown us respect, why can’t you?

Truthfully, most DB fans respect Greenville. Anybody who doesn't see that Greenville is not the same Greenville they were 10 years ago is simply a Idiot. You guys have built yourself into one of the premier football teams in the state. You have a great staff in place and a great place to play. I really don't think the number of students a certin school has has very much to do with the success of their sports teams. I know many have argued that in the past but there are two many schools around that prove that wrong. Theres no dought that Alcoa and Greenville can play toe to toe with any 6a school in the state. Alcoa has been doing it forever. Its all about dedication, good athletes, fan support, and a good staff.

You all must be lost. This is Sullivan South Football 2011. It is free and easy to start a new topic. May I suggest: "Why can't they just give us a couple of byes? After all we are db!"

jhilts you must not have heard.SORRY,Ill tell you.See D-B also gets lil southes Topic on here too,Its in the contract.See Kingsport is taking everything not just your city limits and weak school.Thats why i posted on here.Its going to be alright buddy.Look i learned how to make a happy face on here.But it is sideways. :0) it even has a nose.

That was not part of the thread topic. But since you ask; They did terrible. db should win 58-0. Easy. No question. Then you can move on to basketball.

I know your totally consumed by all things DB so let me help you. The topic is South football 2011. I ask a question about how south did in the 7on7's this year. This is 2011. Get it? Maybe you have already moved on to Basketball. Trust me basketball won't be any better for you.

Why do you keep living in the past? If you can’t see the difference between Greeneville’s program now and Greeneville program all those years, then I can’t help you. It is much like what will likely happen to Science Hill over the next few years. They finally have the coaching staff and facilities to build a winner, so they will be greatly improved in my opinion over the next few years.

Dobyns Bennett has nearly three times as many students as Greeneville, so I’m not naïve enough to think that we would win the majority of our games against you. You simply have more overall talent year in and year out. However, I am certain that the individual talent that Greeneville has is every bit as good if not better than DB’s. Did you have anyone last year that could keep up with Carmichael? I doubt it. Do you have any linemen this year that are better than Terrell Rollins or Jamel Hall? I doubt it. Do you have anyone who is faster than Shuffler (4.38 forty)? I doubt it. Do you have a better kicker than Ogle? I doubt it. I could go on.

I’m not asking you to say that Greeneville would dominate DB, all I’m asking is for you to at least show us a little respect. Just acknowledge that Greeneville is more than capable of beating DB on occasion. I mean, we did beat DB the last time we played you guys. Plus, we are a MUCH better program now with the updated program, new facilities and great coaching staff. You guys would likely still beat us more than we beat you due to the size difference of the school, but it wouldn’t be as lopsided as the historic record (there were many years when no one cared about football in Greeneville). I just wish we could schedule you guys every year. That would give both teams better competition during the regular season, and I think you would walk away with a new respect for how good Greeneville is, win or lose. Regardless of who wins the scrimmage, I’m sure your players will walk away respecting how good Greeneville is. It’s funny, programs like Maryville have shown us respect, why can’t you?

Only one thing I'd disagree with in your post.I've known people who were around the Greeneville program from seventy years ago and they have always took friday nights to heart at Burley stadium.Even when the home side was on the other side when my dad played for the Devils.People have always cared about football in Greeneville, they just didn't have the level playing field{literally and figuratively}that the Devils now have.I'm proud of what the kids have done there and was wrong to think they shoudn't be playing 4A .

Edited by BatmanDB

jhilts you must not have heard.SORRY,Ill tell you.See D-B also gets lil southes Topic on here too,Its in the contract.See Kingsport is taking everything not just your city limits and weak school.Thats why i posted on here.Its going to be alright buddy.Look i learned how to make a happy face on here.But it is sideways. :0) it even has a nose.

That's real cute, buddy. Or is it werdb2, DB2010, IM4DB or MaryvilleMan70 today.

Only one thing I'd disagree with in your post.I've known people who were around the Greeneville program from seventy years ago and they have always took friday nights to heart at Burley stadium.Even when the home side was on the other side when my dad played for the Devils.People have always cared about football in Greeneville, they just didn't have the level playing field{literally and figuratively}that the Devils now have.I'm proud of what the kids have done there and was wrong to think they shoudn't be playing 4A .

Good point. I guess I was referring to people putting money into the program for new facilities and a better coaching staff. Your right though, they have always cared but it seems to have gone to a new level over the past 4-5 years. The program is a source of pride for the community now.

Good point. I guess I was referring to people putting money into the program for new facilities and a better coaching staff. Your right though, they have always cared but it seems to have gone to a new level over the past 4-5 years. The program is a source of pride for the community now.

I bet most of the county fans still hate Greeneville's guts and hope they don't win a game this year.I was never like that and was proud of any school that done well.Those great South Greene girls teams I always pulled for to win state.I'm the same up here about DB and the county schools,I wish all well when the playoffs start .

I bet most of the county fans still hate Greeneville's guts and hope they don't win a game this year.I was never like that and was proud of any school that done well.Those great South Greene girls teams I always pulled for to win state.I'm the same up here about DB and the county schools,I wish all well when the playoffs start .

You’re right about that. Some of the county school people wouldn’t pull for Greeneville for any reason. I agree with you, I don’t have any problems with the county schools and have pulled for them at various times over the years. Not sure why there has to be so much hatred.