Dobyns Bennett 2011

WaCoJaCo

Time to leave the offseason thread and get on with 2011.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the new defensive coach.

Will the O & D lines be able to step up this year? Can't put it all on one players shoulders.

We should be in good shape in the skill player catagory.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waco, things are a changin' on the reservation! Good group of talented kids that will have a lot of success. I am interested to see which young kids step up to give us a spark in a place or two and add some needed depth. We all need to be a bit patient as the kinks get worked out with new schemes and new staff. There is a different vibe as summer camp breaks into earnest preparation. Lots of talented kids that have not HAD to perform with the lights on. We shall see how it all comes together. For all of the questions that may be out there as this season begins, there are a few things that I know... I know that this group will play hard, they are a tight knit bunch. I know that it's good to have Jessie home. I know that it is already paying dividends to have Nick on board....and I know that Catfish, is and will be, missed every minute of every day.

To steal a phrase from John Ward....no matter where you may be reading this board, It's Football Time in Tennessee!

I'm excited about the new season. My favorite time of the year is almost here. I think Jessie will be a good defensive coach for us and bring some new youthfull excitement. Catfish will always be one of my favorite people as well as one heck of a football coach. I wish him the best. This defense looks on paper to be one of the better lineups we've had in a while. I think the linebackers are loaded and we have some speed as well. It's hard to replace a Derrick Steele though. He will be missed because of his explosiveness and return TD capability. Don't know if Swafford is going to be playing defense but it would be nice to see him at safety. Also, i hope Swafford returns kicks along with Foreman. Cook should be special at QB, and if he is, we should be to. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited about the new season. My favorite time of the year is almost here. I think Jessie will be a good defensive coach for us and bring some new youthfull excitement. Catfish will always be one of my favorite people as well as one heck of a football coach. I wish him the best. This defense looks on paper to be one of the better lineups we've had in a while. I think the linebackers are loaded and we have some speed as well. It's hard to replace a Derrick Steele though. He will be missed because of his explosiveness and return TD capability. Don't know if Swafford is going to be playing defense but it would be nice to see him at safety. Also, i hope Swafford returns kicks along with Foreman. Cook should be special at QB, and if he is, we should be to. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to the insiders our biggest challenge this year will be the offensive line. We should be in great shape on defense. Strong fleet of linebackers and defensive backs and and the defensive line should be very good by mid season if not right out of the gate. Im excited about McMillen. If he coaches anything like he played, hold on to your seats. If the line can give him time Cook will lite it up.

I agree with most of what has been said so far.We should have a very good defense up front for sure.On paper,our defensive backfield should have been one of the best in the state last year,but we still had some gaps at times. This year,our skill players should be some of the best around on offense and defense.Can we put together an offensive line and have depth to boot ? That has been a problem for a long time.I don't know what has happened in the last few years,but our numbers have been way down.I think we had about a 140 on the team when we had the January 2007 spring practice.About as many big guys as total players now.Yes we needed to trim down back then,but you would think more big guys that can play would be on the field.I think we have a great staff and Christian is an outstanding offensive line coach.We just have not had the depth of really good offensive linmen.The same with our defensive backfield and coach Barrett.It only takes a letdown here and there to lose a game.I see another great regular season and hope all the parts will be working come playoff time.For myself,it's not about a 10-0 regular season and beating up teams we have to play in the Big 8.Yes,that has to be done,but how good we will be rolling into the playoffs.I'm just like any other DB fan or player and sick of hearing the playoff jokes.It's time to kick the door down when we get there and start finishing games that we should win.I want to see us stand toe to toe with the best teams in the state as DB has done in the past by making it to the semi's and being in games they should have won and could have brought back the gold in those three or four years back in the late 90's and early 2000's.Roll Tribe !

Anybody heard about any more D1 offers to Ty Hayworth? I know that Cincinnati had offered and that Wake Forest was rumored too... not sure if that happened or not?

IMO rising Sr.'s Justin Long and Will Allen are both D1 players, for somebody. Justin may figure in to more on the offensive side this year than in the past, but he is one mean guy on Defense. Allen is going to make a ton of plays for the Tribe on D as well.

This Indian Team may be young in some peoples minds, but I think there is more talent on the 2011 team than in several years... no question that we will have more speed, even with the loss of The Real Deal Derrick Steele. Malik Foreman is the fastest player in NE TN and Debo Swafford has that "you can't touch if I don't want you to" speed. Swafford is going to light it up... give him the ball 20 times a game and you will see the scoreboard blinging.

2 weeks, 3 days and 22 hours to Kick Off - Let's go whip the Admirals tail in KTown

Roll Tribe Roll