Marshall County Kicker achieves #2 kicker rank in the country class 2014

PUDDIN49

Oh, well, ummm Aaron Medley beats Alabama's signee and more college football kickers to win kicking competition, and gets a #2 ranking.........James Wilhoite says "this kid is better than I was as sophomore,he definitley is talented." sorry I used the wrong word on a discussion board.......loosen up.

He was making 40+ yard fg's in middle school and kicking it out of the EZ is no problem. He is a good kid with a great attitude and great grades. Just trying to give a shout to a KID that has worked hard.

Oh, well, ummm Aaron Medley beats Alabama's signee and more college football kickers to win kicking competition, and gets a #2 ranking.........James Wilhoite says "this kid is better than I was as sophomore,he definitley is talented." sorry I used the wrong word on a discussion board.......loosen up.

He was making 40+ yard fg's in middle school and kicking it out of the EZ is no problem. He is a good kid with a great attitude and great grades. Just trying to give a shout to a KID that has worked hard.

+1.5 :ph34r:

Congrats to this young man. I hope he stays healthy and continues a great high school career, but a position ranking is not an accomplishment

Position rankings allow a player to be recognized by teams outside of the region they play. Congrats to this young man, it will be fun to watch him kick until he plays my team.

Position rankings allow a player to be recognized by teams outside of the region they play. Congrats to this young man, it will be fun to watch him kick until he plays my team.

Gerry it is fun to watch talented kids no matter where they play. Years ago my friends and I would go watch teams we had no ties to just to see great talent. It is fun..lol......I wish your team well!!!

Known Aaron for a long time and his parents Richard and Sheila have done an outstanding job raising him. Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if he looks towards Alabama, considering Dad is a huge fan and Dont'a Hightower has done so well. Marshall County has a bonified weapon in Aaron.

Scott, my son plays for LMS and the coaches wanted him to try punting and kick offs this year. Peyton being a LB/FB, does not have much experience in kicking. We stopped by the HS field were Aaron and his coach were working. I told Pey, "go catch one of his punts, it won't hurt you." Aaron kicked the ball out of sight, Pey ran under it and it knocked him down...lmao....I said "maybe it will hurt you".... coach Turchetta will use him more this year......he is an absolute weapon.....this group in another year should be really good......

From James Wilhoite's blog>>>Tuesday, June 7, 2011Nashville Kicking Lessons

On Friday and Saturday I did kicking lessons in Nashville and I was certainly impressed with the results. I worked with one of the top junior kickers in the state of Tennessee and quite possibly the best sophomore kicker in the state.

Overall it was a great weekend of lessons despite the fact that temperatures rose to the high 90's. And even though the temperatures were rising, it was the kickers and punters that were heating up.

Ryan Jenkins (Mt. Juliet High School) is a rising junior and had a very successful season last year. He went 8 for 8 on field goals as a sophomore and shared Region Special Teams Player of the Year honors with UT-Martin signee Jackson Redditt.

Ryan just started kicking last year and he is just now hitting his stride. I am excited to see how he does this year after a full year of following my training program. He definitely has a chance to earn All State honors this year and with some hard work he could be in line for a kicking scholarship.

Next up is Aaron Medley (Marshall Co.). Aaron is entering his sophomore year and is quite a talent. He is tall and slender (approx. 6'3 170 lbs) right now but has an unbelievable ability to strike the ball.

We went through a kicking workout during the lesson where he made all his field goals from 30-50 yards. After a field goal workout we went over kickoffs. He was hitting the ball 62-67 yards consistently with anywhere from 3.8-3.9 hang time.

Remember Aaron's name because you will be hearing it on Saturday's in the Fall in a few years!

• 2 weeks later...