Any good preseason matchups ?

CHAMPDDS

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with some verb tense editing and some personal thoughts of my own... :roflolk:

I think you will see a few things done differently this weekend Champs. I thought the last two scrimmages from Everybody's Favorite Girls Kickball Team (borrowing from Bearcat Brown) were mostly successful. Every player got significant playing time and coach should now know what he has and what he has to fix (that would being figuring out how to score). This is my fifth year of watching EFGKT and the passing is eons ahead of any previous group I've seen. This group at least understands that passing to a girl in a green jersey is better than passing to an area code.

Edit: Should add that one thing about ND soccer and Schemerhorn, the schedule is again brutal - I think every team is highly ranked and there is not a gimme - and the only games that truly matter are the ones beginning Oct. 16 and about three regular season tests.

Lots of work ahead and we will know on the Monday after Memphis where we stand.

Edited by Rabble Rouser

I think you will see a few things done differently this weekend Champs. I thought the last two scrimmages from Everybody's Favorite Girls Kickball Team (borrowing from Bearcat Brown) were mostly successful. Every player got significant playing time and coach should now know what he has and what he has to fix (that would being figuring out how to score). This is my fifth year of watching EFGKT and the passing is eons ahead of any previous group I've seen. This group at least understands that passing to a girl in a green jersey is better than passing to an area code.

Edit: Should add that one thing about ND soccer and Schemerhorn, the schedule is again brutal - I think every team is highly ranked and there is not a gimme - and the only games that truly matter are the ones beginning Oct. 16 and about three regular season tests.

Lots of work ahead and we will know on the Monday after Memphis where we stand.

With my limited few years with the team, I too have noticed that the passing game is markedly better, and they appear very confident under pressure for the most part passing into traffic..

D

Every player got significant playing time and coach should now know what he has and what he has to fix (that would being figuring out how to score). This is my fifth year of watching EFGKT and the passing is eons ahead of any previous group I've seen. This group at least understands that passing to a girl in a green jersey is better than passing to an area code.

I think the biggest difference with this team than previous teams is that there is not the same type of scorer upfront like they have had with Healy, Leiper, Cambron. The scoring chances may need to come from different points on the field. Once they figure out to add patience to their strengths of passing and possession, scoring will come.

I think the biggest difference with this team than previous teams is that there is not the same type of scorer upfront like they have had with Healy, Leiper, Cambron. The scoring chances may need to come from different points on the field. Once they figure out to add patience to their strengths of passing and possession, scoring will come.

Totally agree. A little bit spoiled with that trio you mentioned. I think the talent is there to actually be more productive scoring-wise, though you wouldn't know it by the two scrimmages, would you?

95G- Franklin that strong again, or is Station Camp down a little this season, I thought they (SC) were fairly strong last year ?

D

Franklin is probably that strong again, but SC is definitely a little down. They are short on numbers 13 or 14 and they lost one of the best defenders in the midstate in soph., Kaylee Carter to a ACL injury in their 3-0 scrimmage victory against MCHS. They still have one of the best scorers in the state in Jr, Kia Perry. I think Hendersonville is probably the team to beat out of that district this year.

Sycamore High School travels to CPA for preseason action on Thursday, August 11. The two teams met last year in the first round of Region play where CPA beat Sycamore rather handily. Sycamore went into the game with numerous injuries while CPA had a healthier team and a deeper bench. Since last season, CPA lost a number of key Seniors while Sycamore retained their primary core. For the 2010 season, Sycamore registered 2 players (1 freshman and 1 sophmore) into the TSSAA record books for goals on the season and assists on the season; the freshman player also made the A-AA state team. This one has potential to possibly set an interesting tone for post season play.

CPA won 5-0

Franklin is probably that strong again, but SC is definitely a little down. They are short on numbers 13 or 14 and they lost one of the best defenders in the midstate in soph., Kaylee Carter to a ACL injury in their 3-0 scrimmage victory against MCHS. They still have one of the best scorers in the state in Jr, Kia Perry. I think Hendersonville is probably the team to beat out of that district this year.

Station Camp is certainly hurting (numbers-wise) this season, if this weekend at the Baylor Tournament, is any reflection of them...They played Notre Dame,their 3rd gameof the series, with only 11 active players, and ended up with 8 on the field due to injuries during the game, with no subs...losing 4-0...and lost their game with Baylor (7-0)....That being said, they were able to defeat GPS, 2-1, with those same (only) 11 players...which is saying something about those players !

D