Milan Bulldogs - 2011

Mayfield won the varsity portion of the scrimmage 48 to 10. The mighty Cardinals from Kentucky, who went a perfect 15-0 last year are expecting to be in a bit of a rebuilding mold this year or maybe a reload is the proper term. Obviously, I was pleasantly suprised by how easy Mayfield made it look, in fact Milan's first score was against a partially sub out defense. I left feeling much better than expected and you Milan fans might need to be a little concerned though it was just a scrimmage.

Mayfield won the varsity portion of the scrimmage 48 to 10. The mighty Cardinals from Kentucky, who went a perfect 15-0 last year are expecting to be in a bit of a rebuilding mold this year or maybe a reload is the proper term. Obviously, I was pleasantly suprised by how easy Mayfield made it look, in fact Milan's first score was against a partially sub out defense. I left feeling much better than expected and you Milan fans might need to be a little concerned though it was just a scrimmage.

I agree the Dawgs have some work to do no doubt! 48 -10 well Milan has a alot of pride but boy it was hurt last night! But Milan does have alot to be concerned about!

Have a lot of respect for Mayfield, as they have proven them selves over the years. How ever I have also learned not to put much stock in Milan scrimmages. I have seen this many times in the past. Haywood gave Milan a similar pounding a few years ago. That year Milan had undefeated regular season and haywood did not win a game. Mayfield is a good program, but Milan uses scrimmages to check out players in different spots, put them in situations to see reactions, etc etc. And that usually continues till about week 7 or 8, and then the final decisions are made and it is time to get on with buisness. Now with all that said Mayfield might still pop Milan again at the end of the season, as they are a proven program. Both are, i think that is why they have the relationship they do. Not really concerned about Milan's future

Have a lot of respect for Mayfield, as they have proven them selves over the years. How ever I have also learned not to put much stock in Milan scrimmages. I have seen this many times in the past. Haywood gave Milan a similar pounding a few years ago. That year Milan had undefeated regular season and haywood did not win a game. Mayfield is a good program, but Milan uses scrimmages to check out players in different spots, put them in situations to see reactions, etc etc. And that usually continues till about week 7 or 8, and then the final decisions are made and it is time to get on with buisness. Now with all that said Mayfield might still pop Milan again at the end of the season, as they are a proven program. Both are, i think that is why they have the relationship they do. Not really concerned about Milan's future

MILAN is ALWAYS GOOD! Bulldogs will come out with a bark...and bite!

Good luck dogs, we will be pulling for you guys to go all the way