Mcminn Central vs. McMinn Co.

ctrain3212

I dont know, maybe stuff such as community service? Now I'm for community service but dont make the kids go and find it on their own. Do it with the team. MAKING them take showers after practice? Cant wear anything like sweat bands? He made them sign a contract like four pages of stuff they couldnt do and stuff they was forced to do. (these were four specific reasons given to me by a player who quit) He got mad at a player his first year for getting his ankles taped and that made his shoe look white because of the tape(instead of the black shoe everyone else had). You are right that its usually the coaches way or the highway, I will agree. But I think he needs to place his concern with 1. are the kids doing well in class(which he does) 2. figuring out how to beat the next team (to be debated lol), 3. why are the kids not playing that quit or didnt come out, 4. making sure the little league is having success(which I hear they are starting to place interest in), 5. recruiting (never hurt anyone). Let the other petty things go, and get the kids out there. Make them want to play. Its awesome the little league did good but its same thing every year, you got to keep them from only playing basketball and baseball.

i don't have a problem with any of those things you mentioned...don't quite understand the shower thing, but i'm not the head coach...its his show...those kids got to learn they are always going to have authority figures in their life, and wether they agree with them or not, they have to listen to them....and what is wrong with making the players look the same?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not there everyday, so i'm saying this from the outside looking in. but didn't these "low caliber" coaches win seven games two years ago? i know that team underachieved, but so did every one of the derek teams. philip fulmer couldn't coach that team a year ago to some wins...just not enough talent. as for the players that quit, there will always be a little quit in them. like the song goes, quit that team, and you'll be a quitter for the rest of your life.

i just want to see the players that stayed play to the best of their ability, every down, every game.

You are right, we might not have won a State Championship BUT we did win a region championship. My junior year went 9-2 and won a the region, my senior year went 9-2 and finished 2nd. When was the last time Central did that??? Derrick was a good coach just look at what he did in short time. Haters gone hate :rolleyes:

You are right, we might not have won a State Championship BUT we did win a region championship. My junior year went 9-2 and won a the region, my senior year went 9-2 and finished 2nd. When was the last time Central did that??? Derrick was a good coach just look at what he did in short time. Haters gone hate :rolleyes:

derrick was a good football coach no doubt! and i don't know if central has ever done that....most talent i have ever seen on the field for central, that is why i say those teams underachieved....as good as those teams were, they should not have been knocked out in the first round those two years. no hatin' here man.

Edited by smokey04

derrick was a good football coach no doubt! and i don't know if central has ever done that....most talent i have ever seen on the field for central, that is why i say those teams underachieved....as good as those teams were, they should not have been knocked out in the first round those two years. no hatin' here man.

In the grand scheme of things 5AA football sucks... and has for a long time.

Smokey04, that made no sense at all what you just said about that being the same thing.This boys dad was trying to say that his son finished up last season(which would have been hard for anyone to do 0-10).I respect him for that,and not like some who wait till mid-season and quit,I don't like that.We all move on to other things all the time,jobs,hobbies,churches,schools,ect. ect.I guess everybody is a bunch of quitters and losers.So what you are saying smokey04,is that once you set foot on that football field as a freshmen or whenever,That there is no getting out until you are a senior in your last game of the year.If you do,you are labeled a quitter or loser??? Give me a break man!!Maybe this young man and the others that did not play had a good reason,From what I understand it was the coaching.

Hi my name is Sean Winchell and i quit the team because of the reason i got moved to being a offensive tackle and being a noseguard on defense,I am only 5'6 200 lbs and i played all my sophomore year and i played all my junior year,and yeah going 0-10 is pretty rough and i can tell you that from a players perspective,but i played linebacker/tightend last season,and just because my weight went up in the weightroom i got moved from linebacker and tightend to offensive/defensive lineman,and i was very unhappy with that switch cause that's one reason why i got hurt my sophomore year against polk co. and got an ac seperation in my right shoulder because of being very very small underweight against 300 or 400 lbs players,but i do admit i did try my best and gave it my all and all my strength in my body to be the best charger i could be,that's why i ain't playing my senior year,and i still strongly support the chargers this season

Hi my name is Sean Winchell and i quit the team because of the reason i got moved to being a offensive tackle and being a noseguard on defense,I am only 5'6 200 lbs and i played all my sophomore year and i played all my junior year,and yeah going 0-10 is pretty rough and i can tell you that from a players perspective,but i played linebacker/tightend last season,and just because my weight went up in the weightroom i got moved from linebacker and tightend to offensive/defensive lineman,and i was very unhappy with that switch cause that's one reason why i got hurt my sophomore year against polk co. and got an ac seperation in my right shoulder because of being very very small underweight against 300 or 400 lbs players,but i do admit i did try my best and gave it my all and all my strength in my body to be the best charger i could be,that's why i ain't playing my senior year,and i still strongly support the chargers this season

400 lbs.??? Wow that's amazing. I didn't realize lineman were so big in 5AA, the hot bed of high school football.

5AA is renound for serving the two and barbeque at the state baseball tourney hahahahaha!! I am glad that the polk boys could serve some stoneys bbq in the boro last year tho

Not that you ever got to experience what the boro was like to play in.. Best of the best final 8 teams to play for it all.. I was there and tried to win one for Central, did you get to experience it?

Not that you ever got to experience what the boro was like to play in.. Best of the best final 8 teams to play for it all.. I was there and tried to win one for Central, did you get to experience it?

Nope I never got to play in a state tournament, just experienced it as a fan a few times. Trust me I'm not knocking 5aa baseball. Three district guys goin d1 last year spoke well of the district imo

Edited by smokinote