Smyrna vs. B.G.A.

milo118

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been to a game at Smyrna...can someone fill me in on what to expect i.e. parking, pre-game tailgating, crowd size, atmosphere, etc.. Should be a great game. Smryna fans may be surprised to see how few players BGA has and the lack of size on the line. However, I would not underestimate them. Most of these guys have been starting since they were Sophomores. If BGA doesn't wear out in the fourth quarter from playing both ways, it should be close. Smyrna looks really fast but not very big. Anyone know what the average size is on the line?

FYI from one shooter to another. The lighting is terrible, espically compared to BGA. The lights cycle RGB so getting clean white is next to impossible. Good luck and grab a fish sandwich, I recommend you add some tarter or somin, little dry. :popcorneater:

FYI from one shooter to another. The lighting is terrible, espically compared to BGA. The lights cycle RGB so getting clean white is next to impossible. Good luck and grab a fish sandwich, I recommend you add some tarter or somin, little dry. :popcorneater:

Thanks for the heads up on the lights. BGA light isn't great..especially in the end zone. Wish they kicked off at 7 so I would have 30 minutes of good light. Will also take your advice on the fish.

Get there early! Smyrna has the WORST place in Rutherford County. Very little vistor seating. Also, the young punks line the end zone fencing and make it difficult to get from the visitor side to the restrooms or main concesion stand. Smyrna allows no re-entry if you need to leave you will need to purchase another ticket (may be due to gun/weapon control). Don't travel alone, use the buddy system and watch each others back.

Should be a great game, wish I could make it, but then again I like the Freak Show at the carnival as well.

[/quote

just like other high schools all over the country students go to their football games, and its not a nightclub they dont put an x on your hand so you can go in and out as you please! i had to leave at lavergne last year and come back and i had to pay again their too!

now i love how you talk smack on here and then apologize saying you didnt mean any disrespect to anybody and then again you come rite back talkin smack, "see older riverdale and blackman boards"

Edited by oldschooldawg30

Shooter don't let Shag fill your head with some nonsense. I think he is still bitter from getting cut from the Smyrna Freshmen team years ago. Or was it that coach didn't put him and Uncle Ricco in during the fourth quarter so they could win state. Visiting seating is small like LaVergne. But then again the school is over 20 years old unlike some schools in the district. As for the kids along the fence on the way to the bathroom that is no different than any other school such as Blackman where everybody likes to meet before, during, and after the game. Its almost as if they don't like to sit down. Safety is not an issue. We have even made a small upgrade to the visiting side with a new consesion stand. So no worries. All will be fine.

Edited by milo118

Thanks for the heads up on the lights. BGA light isn't great..especially in the end zone. Wish they kicked off at 7 so I would have 30 minutes of good light. Will also take your advice on the fish.

You never know what your gonna get with high school fields. The worst I ever seen is Mt Pleasant, two banks on each side, 8 lights on each bank and the banks are at the 20 yd. line. The middle of the field looks like a cave. Big school wise it's between Lavergne and Lebanon, both really a waste of time to try to shoot in. I aways thought BGA was not bad. :popcorneater:

Smyrna's place is just fine to watch a ball game. While it may not be the most comfortable place to sit (concrete) you can bring a cushion or what not. It is one of the oldest stadiums around the mid state so it is what it is. After all one comes to a game to watch a good football game I hope and that is what Smyrna can steadily offer with their athletes and support from their town.

As for the fact that BGA wearing down because they have players going both ways. Smyrna has their fair share with several lineman and a few skilled guys going both ways the entire game as well. Looking foward to seeing the outcome of this game.

Smyrna's place is just fine to watch a ball game. While it may not be the most comfortable place to sit (concrete) you can bring a cushion or what not. It is one of the oldest stadiums around the mid state so it is what it is. After all one comes to a game to watch a good football game I hope and that is what Smyrna can steadily offer with their athletes and support from their town.

As for the fact that BGA wearing down because they have players going both ways. Smyrna has their fair share with several lineman and a few skilled guys going both ways the entire game as well. Looking foward to seeing the outcome of this game.

So what does Smyrners stadium and a prison have in common. Concrete bleachers and what nots. Where exaclty do you buy a "what not". :popcorneater:

Shooter don't let Shag fill your head with some nonsense. I think he is still bitter from getting cut from the Smyrna Freshmen team years ago. Or was it that coach didn't put him and Uncle Ricco in during the fourth quarter so they could win state. Visiting seating is small like LaVergne. But then again the school is over 20 years old unlike some schools in the district. As for the kids along the fence on the way to the bathroom that is no different than any other school such as Blackman where everybody likes to meet before, during, and after the game. Its almost as if they don't like to sit down. Safety is not an issue. We have even made a small upgrade to the visiting side with a new consesion stand. So no worries. All will be fine.

After 20 years you would thimk they would make improvements? Stupid is as stupid does.

I always thought LaVergne's visitor side was worse than Smyrna's.

BGA will hang until late in the third quarter. Smyrna 'should' pull away with it then as BGA has tooooooo many having to play both ways due to their small squad size. If Smyrna uses its size and wears BGA down they should win.

"Small squad size" didn't seem to hurt Ensworth all that much when they had lots of kids playing both ways the last two years against a couple of darn good Smyrna teams. :rolleyes: Good luck to both teams - I hope y'all get a close, exciting injury-free game.

Edited by RedRobin