2011 District 7 Suprises

RonMexico07

Well, After watching Siegel put on an impressive showing against WC frontrunner Brentwood and hearing of the beatdown the Pats took at Ensworh, I gotta say that this could be interesting year.

I'm gonna say Riverdale is a notch ahead all others, then probably Smyrna. Looks like Blackman and Siegel battle for third and Oakland places 4th.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, After watching Siegel put on an impressive showing against WC frontrunner Brentwood and hearing of the beatdown the Pats took at Ensworh, I gotta say that this could be interesting year.

I'm gonna say Riverdale is a notch ahead all others, then probably Smyrna. Looks like Blackman and Siegel battle for third and Oakland places 4th.

Suprises? Not really. Oakland, Blackman, and Smyrna all lost a TON of talent this season, so Siegel and Riverdale SHOULD be near the top. However, Siegel has been in a position to do big things before and has folded under the pressure. Riverdale hasnt really embraced the role of favorite under Aydellot either. If you guys thought this district was crazy last year, this year brings it to a whole nother level. With the exception of LaVergne, this is truly is a toss-up for the district championship.

Gonna be a great year in the region.

1. Riverdale should be good...so many returning players and so much experince to go along with the fact that some of those players are really, really good. If they get/stay healthy, and the defensive improvement is for real, they should end up on top.

2. Smyrna will be better than most expected. They played a ton of players last year and return at least one player from their BC Bowl two-deep at almost every position. They are flat out talented and experienced. No upset at all if they win the region.

3. Oakland has been up and down in the preseason, much as one would expect for a team breaking in so many new players. The Pats have the best coaching staff in the region and that group knows a team is what you make out of it. They will be a load by the time Oakland and Riverdale meet in October. That game could be for the district championship and the #1 seed.

4(tie). Siegel. The Wyant express begins to take hold and this team has a lot of talent.

5(tie). Blackman. Team will be loaded on offense but very suspect on defense. The strength of the coaching staff is on the offensive side of the ball. They will find it more difficult to just flat outscore their opponents in this district unless the defense really steps up. If the defense jells and becomes a force Blackman could vault all the way to the top.

6. Lavergne--I just don't know much about them.

I will attempt to give you an "unbiased" report (*note, I am Beech fan..........just went to last night jamboree to check out the "diminished" Green Wave........our #2 mortal enemy). If there is a better team in your league than Riverdale; your league will be scary. Riverdale is smooth as silk on offense both running and passing (who was it that has been saying that they cannot throw the ball). They will score on anyone they play!! The Riverdale defense is very big and quick; they looked well vs a very good Gallatin QB. The Gallatin offense looked pretty good in spite of the set downs. I would not be surprised to see Riverdale in the title game.........glad that we do not play them in the regular season. The Warriors are the real deal!!

Ok.......I know most will discount this comment and that's fine. If I'm wrong I will be willing to eat some crow but the surprise in this district will be LaVergne. Looking at their schedule it is very manageable,outside the district, with the exception of Mt Juliet. 2nd year under Coach Stevens and he's running a new Defence and a new Offence that will help keep them in more games this year. I think after week 2 or 3 you will see why I made this statement. They Have Talent At every Offensive Skill Position!

LaVergne will win at least two district games this year. And could sneak in the playoffs.

Ok.......I know most will discount this comment and that's fine. If I'm wrong I will be willing to eat some crow but the surprise in this district will be LaVergne. Looking at their schedule it is very manageable,outside the district, with the exception of Mt Juliet. 2nd year under Coach Stevens and he's running a new Defence and a new Offence that will help keep them in more games this year. I think after week 2 or 3 you will see why I made this statement. They Have Talent At every Offensive Skill Position!

LaVergne will win at least two district games this year. And could sneak in the playoffs.

Whens the last time LaVergne won a district game? Not trying to be smartellic, I'm serious.

Ya know, I felt the same way until I went to a few of LaVergne's practices and saw Stevens sitting on his golf cart the whole time. Until Stevens puts some kind of emotional investment into this team, they are always going to struggle. I would be interested to know who you think LaVergne will beat, they are going to be considerable underdogs in every district game they play in

Ya know, I felt the same way until I went to a few of LaVergne's practices and saw Stevens sitting on his golf cart the whole time. Until Stevens puts some kind of emotional investment into this team, they are always going to struggle. I would be interested to know who you think LaVergne will beat, they are going to be considerable underdogs in every district game they play in

Hows it looking on the other side of the Boro for the cross town rival Patriots? How'd it go last night?

Hows it looking on the other side of the Boro for the cross town rival Patriots? How'd it go last night?

We were progressing pretty well until last night. 4 turnovers, 3 of which were on consecutive possessions and just countless mistakes on both sides, read up on the Oakland rebuilding thread if you want more insight. I do think Oakland can challenge for this district, but I think that is only attainable with Emmanuel Smith as the Starting Quarterback

I can almost guarantee you were there while they were in a defense or special team session. He lets his DC run his sessions and believe me Coach Bledsoe has plenty of passion and energy; He also has a SP. Team’s Coach and lets him run it as well. I can assure you, Coach Stevens’ “emotional investment†is not an issue. That team has some energy right now and if they have some early success they will be a team to watch.

It’s not your fault you know very little about LaVergne because no one talks about them. I can understand that, they struggled last year but did you know they won the 7 on 7 in Cookeville? Did you know they were in a 3 way scrimmage with Cookeville, Bearden and Signal MT. and did just fine? Starters beat Cookeville; 2-0, Bearden was 1-1 and Signal Mt. score was 2-2. Did you know LaVergne had a scrimmage with Strafford last Tuesday? The “One’s†scored on nearly every possession? Yes it is Straford but.

You asked me who I thought they might beat in the district; Not sure I have seen all the teams scrimmage in this district and was impressed with Riverdale and everyone else was shaky at best. Especially up front. I think we will see it pretty early in the season that our district is not as good as it has been in the past. Smyrna, Blackman and your Pats lost a ton of players to graduation. You’re probably right, LaVergne will be an underdog in every District game (As of now) but when they play a few games. Opinions will change. Game 3 with your Pats will be closer then you think.