Oliver Springs Schedule

OS91

I excitedto see the Lady Cats aggressivly pursue and play big time opponents this season on McMinn Central twice, Livingston Academy - away, Jackson County- away, and Farragut- away. With frou of these five game on te road this will only help the maturing Lady Cats become that team that is capable of cutting down the nets come March. I wish Oak Ridge was on the schedule. When will ORHS ever decide to drop in policy and play OS in a home and home. I know OR thinks it has nothing to win by playing OS, but could you imgaine this rivalry that would be created. Anyway, hats off to OS coaching staff for goign out and playing the best on the road. It will pay off in a big way.

Guest observer1216

I agree. OS has apparently done a fantastic job of upgrading their schedule. This will help them in the long run. When it comes tourney time, they know that they can compete/win versus the "name" teams. I don't think their overall record will be as good as last year, but who plays for records.........you better play for trophies and championships.

The schedule has 26 games.

The toughest games will be McMinn Central - home and away

Livingston Academy- away, Jackson County- away, and Farragut- away Out of those 5 games, I think OS has a chance to go 4-1 at best and 1-4 at worst. Its hard to say.

Livingston Academy- lost the top gun last year- Baltimore off a great team pitted int he toughest district in the state and didnt make it out of the region. LA has alot of young talent returning. I think OS can win this game and should be a tossup. Playing at LA doesnt help.

Jackson County- Three time AA defending state champions. It seems they reload in gainesboro, not rebuild. They lost Amanda Jackson, but from what I understand have a couple transfers that good with other returning talent. The game is early 2nd game and that gives OSa shot of pulling a huge upset starting the year off right. Since OS returns 4 starters and Jackson wont be playing the point for JC, Hall might be able control the game with her superior quickness.

Farragut- WIll be one of the best AAA teams in state. Pratically returns everyone off their 24-8 team of last year. This should be an even game and playing Farragut is nothing new to OS since the Lady Cats played there 3 times last year in Christmas Tourney.

McMinn Central- WOW. THe Lady Chargers are loaded. MC is one of te better teams in the country. I expect them to crack the top 25 in USA today this year with everyone comaing back off one of the top 3-4 teams statewide from last year and only losing twice. MC was te only team in AA that competed with JC in State Tourney. MC has great guard play with Fallon Lee and inside play. OS would have to play their best game of year at home to have a chance to beat MC. Its possible, but wuld take a super effort from the Lady Cats. The game is afer Christmas, so OS with the hard schedule already played might be waiting for with a rowdy student section for MC. Away at MC would almost be a miracle for any team to pull off that kind of upset this year.

District Games that are possible ambushes for The Lady Cats is At Kingston as the Lady Cats saw last year and at Loudon.

I dont see OS losing this year to any district games with the way OS played in the summer camps and with their tough early season schedule that will make them mentally tough and focused. I think OS is on a misson this year and the following year to cut down te nets.

Out of 26 games listed, I think OS goes 23-3 1st in district, region, and on to boro.

My hats off to Coach Wright for making a great schedule, to be the best you have to play the best. And he has chosen to do that. Yes he could have made out an easy schedule with a lot of single A teams and gone unbeaten. So good Job coach!

That says alot about him and his program

Oliver Springs may face some of the following teams at the Karns Tourney. Coffee Co., Cookeville, Livingston Academy, Farragut, Sullivan East and there are 2 others I can't recall in the tourney. Should be pretty good. Hopes this helps

[Edited by fuzby on 10-15-02 9:20P]

Posted by OS91:

The schedule has 26 games.

The toughest games will be McMinn Central - home and away

Livingston Academy- away, Jackson County- away, and Farragut- away Out of those 5 games, I think OS has a chance to go 4-1 at best and 1-4 at worst. Its hard to say.

Livingston Academy- lost the top gun last year- Baltimore off a great team pitted int he toughest district in the state and didnt make it out of the region. LA has alot of young talent returning. I think OS can win this game and should be a tossup. Playing at LA doesnt help.

Jackson County- Three time AA defending state champions. It seems they reload in gainesboro, not rebuild. They lost Amanda Jackson, but from what I understand have a couple transfers that good with other returning talent. The game is early 2nd game and that gives OSa shot of pulling a huge upset starting the year off right. Since OS returns 4 starters and Jackson wont be playing the point for JC, Hall might be able control the game with her superior quickness.

Farragut- WIll be one of the best AAA teams in state. Pratically returns everyone off their 24-8 team of last year. This should be an even game and playing Farragut is nothing new to OS since the Lady Cats played there 3 times last year in Christmas Tourney.

McMinn Central- WOW. THe Lady Chargers are loaded. MC is one of te better teams in the country. I expect them to crack the top 25 in USA today this year with everyone comaing back off one of the top 3-4 teams statewide from last year and only losing twice. MC was te only team in AA that competed with JC in State Tourney. MC has great guard play with Fallon Lee and inside play. OS would have to play their best game of year at home to have a chance to beat MC. Its possible, but wuld take a super effort from the Lady Cats. The game is afer Christmas, so OS with the hard schedule already played might be waiting for with a rowdy student section for MC. Away at MC would almost be a miracle for any team to pull off that kind of upset this year.

District Games that are possible ambushes for The Lady Cats is At Kingston as the Lady Cats saw last year and at Loudon.

I dont see OS losing this year to any district games with the way OS played in the summer camps and with their tough early season schedule that will make them mentally tough and focused. I think OS is on a misson this year and the following year to cut down te nets.

Out of 26 games listed, I think OS goes 23-3 1st in district, region, and on to boro.

Just be thankful your not in McMinn Centrals District and Region! Walker Valley is and had some great luck early on in the summer with Cental- beating them on 2 occassions and keeping it down to the wire on 2 or 3 others.Central is very talented and strong, but WV has been training hard, and with some incoming new talent, and no one gone from last year (except one) they should rise to the top by Centrals side-the key is to beat Central at Region for that #1 seed and play a Home game instead of a road trip! It is not impossible, it has been done before- therefore it can be done again!Good Luck to The lady Chargers, and The Lady Mustangs!and of course..............OS! ;)

[Edited by peacemaker on 10-16-02 5:59A]