All 80's and 90's team

OS91

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigCountry05
Posted by sportsfanatic:

I cannot imagine why I left Leslie Henley off. I loved to watch her play. She was a tough little player. Gilley was also good. She completely slipped my mind. There were so many good ones during the 90's in Region 4AAA.

You are absolutely right, the 90's saw alot of good AAA basketball players. Leslie kept the team full of energy and she has to be one of the quickest players that Coffee County ever had, Gilley and Dillion were the Grusome Twosome for 95-96 they were awesome downlow, just wish things would have turned out better for them come tourney time that year.... GOOD LIST SO FAR!!

[Edited by BigCountry05 on 10-18-02 4:50P]

Ashley McElhiney---Gleason Vanderbilt

Carol Smith--------Milan Alabama

Sherelle Warren----Dyersburg Georgia

Michelle Street----Bradford Union

Tiffany Adkins-----Gibson Co. Ole Miss--Memphis

Jessica Henson-----Bradford Union

Collin Carmichael--JCM Tennessee Tech

Impossible task to pick just 5.....but......

Tiffany Woosley--Shelbyville

Sheila Frost--Giles County

Kim Webb--Smyrna

Angela Moorehead--Shelbyville

Nikki McCray--Collierville

Off bench--Tonya Tuggles--Bradford

If you can't use any of these players, you cannot create a team that could stay close to this bunch.

PS--I may be omitting a superstar.

Posted by Tony:

Does anyone remember Jill Mitchell? Best turnaround jumper I can remember. Shelbyville sometime in the 80's. I believe injuries shortened her career.

yes, i remember jill. never saw her play, but she was my college algebra teacher my freshman year at mtsu. she was a grad. assistant then. she played for the georgia lady bulldogs, but her career was shortened due to injuries. she was a great teacher as well as a super nice person.

Carolyn Aldridge- took Glencliff single-handedly to the state final. Later a star at TSU. The older Brown girl at Livingston that went to LA Tech. Susie Gardner and Lori Gross from Mt. Juliet. Gardner played at Georgia and Gross originally went to Vandy. Jennifer Boucek of University School and later Virginia and WNBA. Chatica Hathaway of McGavock although grade problems held her back in college. Shawn Monday of CLarkrange and TN Tech.

There are a few other districts that could do the same, but here's a team just from one district. These are in no certain order, just listed as they come to mind. Julie Powell-Cannon County & Vandy, Leslie Smith-Livingston Academy & Vandy, Amellia Adcock-Livingston Academy & Univ. of Alabama-Birmingham, Tiffany Krantz-Livingston Academy & Auburn, Sunday Watson-Livingston Academy & Indiana, Elizabeth Maxwell, Livingston Academy & Florida, Amy Brown-Livingston Academy & Louisiana Tech. I'm sure I'm leaving some out. Fill in.