Cheatham County Cubs at Fairview Yellow Jackets

howdoitknow

CUBS VS YELLOW JACKETS  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this matchup?

• Cheatham County Cubs
    • Fairview Yellow Jackets

The 2011 regular season begins when these two former Region 5-2A foes square off in Williamson County. The Cubs defeated White House-Heritage 13-6 in the "East Robertson Jamboree" while the Yellow Jackets cruised past Dickson County 20-0 in the "Creek Wood Jamboree". The game can be seen (video webcast) and heard (radio broadcast) by visiting the Cheatham County Cubs Football Fan Page and clicking on the link titled "Cubs Friday Night" under the main menu.

Any thoughts/predictions on the outcome of this one?

Guest Termite

Howdy, the Cubs must like opening their season against black and gold teams. The last 2 years against Smith Co and now Fairview. Good test for the cubs right off the bat.

Howdy, the Cubs must like opening their season against black and gold teams. The last 2 years against Smith Co and now Fairview. Good test for the cubs right off the bat.

Absolutely! The Yellow Jackets have very similar players that the Owls have had the last 2 years. It's going to be a difficult battle for sure. I am hopeful that the Cubs can hang around but most importantly I hope the Cubs gain some quality experience against an outstanding football team that will help them in the weeks to come against Sycamore (county rival) and Montgomery Central (district opener).

Fairview physically beat up the Cubs tonight. The opening play of the game set the tone for things to come. Coach Simmons and the Jackets defense really are the MVP of this one. Cole Watkins, Logan Cavander, and Cooper Stevenson are outstanding players who don't get the credit they deserve. Franklin had 1 LONG RUN but it came at a bad time on the 2nd play of the 2nd half. He is an exceptional athlete. Ramey took some hits tonight but stood in there and made play after play. He is a District 12-AA MVP Candidate in my opinion. I see another 9-1 or 8-2 type of year for the Jackets. Good luck the rest of the way!

Thanks for the kind words, hope your trip to Fairview was a nice one. Look forward to watching the Cubs thecrest of the year. Cheatham has a classy staff and program and glad we got to play and look forward to next year. What did you think about the new uniforms for the Jackets?

That "highlighter yellow" is something that I have never seen before. I know the kids have to like them. Especially seeing as how they also have the "last names" on the backs of the jerseys.

Fairview physically beat up the Cubs tonight. The opening play of the game set the tone for things to come. Coach Simmons and the Jackets defense really are the MVP of this one. Cole Watkins, Logan Cavander, and Cooper Stevenson are outstanding players who don't get the credit they deserve. Franklin had 1 LONG RUN but it came at a bad time on the 2nd play of the 2nd half. He is an exceptional athlete. Ramey took some hits tonight but stood in there and made play after play. He is a District 12-AA MVP Candidate in my opinion. I see another 9-1 or 8-2 type of year for the Jackets. Good luck the rest of the way!

From what I saw Friday night, Cheatham County is a very good, well coached, and physical football team. Good luck to the Cubs this year throughout the rest of the season, it should be a good one!