Whitwell vs Copper BasinWatched Whitwell

TheOracle

Watched Whitwell vs. Copper Basin Friday. Very excited about the new coach and the attitude. Several starters were out, most for injuries the QB for missing practice. The coach did the right thing in making the QB sit, without discipline the team will go nowhere. In the past this has not always been the case. Starting FB went out with injury; there were costly turnovers and many defensive mistakes. As in the last few years Tigers DBs are still trying to play pass defense from behind. There is no one at Whitwell that is fast enough to play head up or bump and run against fast athletic receivers (coaching technique). For once I would like to see Whitwell DBs give a big cushion and stay between the receiver and the endzone (don't give up the big plays). It's easier to come up and make the tackle or interception than to try to chase them down from behind. Still no excuse for a beat down like that. I think this new coach has seen who needs to play (who ran the ball and who tiptoed and who is going to lay down in tough games) he will make adjustments and they will beat Midway. One game doesn’t define a season unless you let it. Go Tigers.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Whitwell vs. Copper Basin Friday. Very excited about the new coach and the attitude. Several starters were out, most for injuries the QB for missing practice. The coach did the right thing in making the QB sit, without discipline the team will go nowhere. In the past this has not always been the case. Starting FB went out with injury; there were costly turnovers and many defensive mistakes. As in the last few years Tigers DBs are still trying to play pass defense from behind. There is no one at Whitwell that is fast enough to play head up or bump and run against fast athletic receivers (coaching technique). For once I would like to see Whitwell DBs give a big cushion and stay between the receiver and the endzone (don't give up the big plays). It's easier to come up and make the tackle or interception than to try to chase them down from behind. Still no excuse for a beat down like that. I think this new coach has seen who needs to play (who ran the ball and who tiptoed and who is going to lay down in tough games) he will make adjustments and they will beat Midway. One game doesn’t define a season unless you let it. Go Tigers.

You are right, from an outsider looking in, with this coach, I think Whitwell is on the right track.You fans be patient, but the best thing you can do is show up for support even in the away games, and please somebody go to the press box and help your radio play by play guy.

You are right, from an outsider looking in, with this coach, I think Whitwell is on the right track.You fans be patient, but the best thing you can do is show up for support even in the away games, and please somebody go to the press box and help your radio play by play guy.

I didn't hear it but he was our stadium announcer last year so I have an idea of what you heard.

I agree. Keeping some players out against a decent team will alway hurt the outcome but it's going to help in the long run by teaching them a lesson on dedication and showing them how important they are to the team.

Also, I believe the coach did get a nice look at some players he might not have been considering as starters.... some younger kids were running pretty hard Friday and i was impressed. Hopefully with a full team ready to go the Tigers will put up a good fight this year.

.... as far as that radio announcer.... all i can say is sorry LOL!

I agree. Keeping some players out against a decent team will alway hurt the outcome but it's going to help in the long run by teaching them a lesson on dedication and showing them how important they are to the team.

Also, I believe the coach did get a nice look at some players he might not have been considering as starters.... some younger kids were running pretty hard Friday and i was impressed. Hopefully with a full team ready to go the Tigers will put up a good fight this year.

.... as far as that radio announcer.... all i can say is sorry LOL!

Well, he was trying and for that, as we say down south, "bless his heart"

I wish I could have made it to this one. Sounds like Tigers coach is makin progress. How does Copper Basin look this year.

Good at skill positions, they have a big reciever who is their best player ( he killed Whitwell on offense and defense ). QB made some good decisions but Whitwell made it easy for them. RB is not bad. I think this team is thin though. If you make them go on long drives and not give up the big play you can tire them out. If Whitwell had all it's players and didn't turn the ball over. I think it would have been a shoot out.

Good at skill positions, they have a big reciever who is their best player ( he killed Whitwell on offense and defense ). QB made some good decisions but Whitwell made it easy for them. RB is not bad. I think this team is thin though. If you make them go on long drives and not give up the big play you can tire them out. If Whitwell had all it's players and didn't turn the ball over. I think it would have been a shoot out.

I think they will be tested this week at Sunbright. I believe if there conditioned well enough and get after Sunbrights qb they will win this one

Good luck to Whitwell this season.

As far as the announcer, I believe they were just recording the PA guy do his thing over the PA system. He's got too much going on during the game to actually do a play by play so the station is just pulling his PA work and putting it on the air.

I think they will be tested this week at Sunbright. I believe if there conditioned well enough and get after Sunbrights qb they will win this one

Should be a dang good one this wk. Sunbright still has a bad taste in there mouth from that play off game last year. How many kids copper lose this year?

Good luck to Whitwell this season.

As far as the announcer, I believe they were just recording the PA guy do his thing over the PA system. He's got too much going on during the game to actually do a play by play so the station is just pulling his PA work and putting it on the air.

If thats the case then you are right...but still bless his heart.