Preseason thoughts on Region 4a

beantheclown

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Teeter isn't playing basketball for Friendship this year. Anyone know if this is true. Also heard they have a new player. Anyone else heard this? If so is she a guard or a post?

Her sport is Volleyball, district MVP last year in volleyball, so it wouldn't suprise me if she didn't basketball IF she wanted to put her full concentration toward Volleyball.

And with FCS there will always be new kids recruited coming to the school. :mrgreen:

Edited by swanson71

Her sport is Volleyball, district MVP last year in volleyball, so it wouldn't suprise me if she didn't basketball IF she wanted to put her full concentration toward Volleyball.

And with FCS there will always be new kids recruited coming to the school. :mrgreen:

They are going to be tough this year even if Teeter is out, with Jones and Morrisett even if they don't add anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

They are going to be tough this year even if Teeter is out, with Jones and Morrisett even if they don't add anyone else.

Whatever! FCS has NO CHANCE and in case i was a little unclear let me say it again FCS HAS NO CHANCE OF WINNING THE REGION THIS YEAR OR ANY OTHER YEAR THAT JACKSON COUNTY GIRLS ARE PLAYING IN THE SAME REGION.

Whatever! FCS has NO CHANCE and in case i was a little unclear let me say it again FCS HAS NO CHANCE OF WINNING THE REGION THIS YEAR OR ANY OTHER YEAR THAT JACKSON COUNTY GIRLS ARE PLAYING IN THE SAME REGION.

Shew, i'm glad you're back. I was begginning to worry that you were choking on crow after JC finished 4th in the district and got put out of the regional in the first round when all last year you where saying how good the JC boys were, complaining about them not being in the A.P. top 10, and them being talented enough to be playing for the state championship.

As for this comment noone ever said FCS would win the region or come close to winning the region, this was a response for district 8a and that FCS would be tough in 8a. Also I believe everyone was in an agreement that JC should repeat as region champs this year...

Shew, i'm glad you're back. I was begginning to worry that you were choking on crow after JC finished 4th in the district and got put out of the regional in the first round when all last year you where saying how good the JC boys were, complaining about them not being in the A.P. top 10, and them being talented enough to be playing for the state championship.

As for this comment noone ever said FCS would win the region or come close to winning the region, this was a response for district 8a and that FCS would be tough in 8a. Also I believe everyone was in an agreement that JC should repeat as region champs this year...

You said it Swanson!!! Why do some of those Jackson County fans have to be soooo mean?....JC has a great team that most everyone commends year after year, yet some of their fans are so mean to others... I don't understand...they have a great bunch of girls and have a great coach!

These are my top 5 for Murfreeseboro that you can probably pencil in.

1.Lake County

2.Clay County

3.North Greene

4.Jackson County

5.Cloudland

I like that top 5. Jackson County should definately come out, they lose noone from last years team...I like Clay County too because in my opinion Clay County has the best player in the region along with good coaching and a good team. Lake County also returns basically everyone as well. I believe the top 2 teams in the state this upcoming year is Lake County and Jackson County.

I like that top 5. Jackson County should definately come out, they lose noone from last years team...I like Clay County too because in my opinion Clay County has the best player in the region along with good coaching and a good team. Lake County also returns basically everyone as well. I believe the top 2 teams in the state this upcoming year is Lake County and Jackson County.

Looks like a good list.I for sure have Jackson co and Lake Co but some here have Union City penciled in as well with the addition of the Reedy girl from Gibson co.Lake Co returns their entire team.Only had 1 senior on the team and she was about the 10th player that got in games.The first 8 or 9 players are back and they added a couple middle school girls very good.Hear one of them,the Yancy girl may even start.

Looks like a good list.I for sure have Jackson co and Lake Co but some here have Union City penciled in as well with the addition of the Reedy girl from Gibson co.Lake Co returns their entire team.Only had 1 senior on the team and she was about the 10th player that got in games.The first 8 or 9 players are back and they added a couple middle school girls very good.Hear one of them,the Yancy girl may even start.

I believe if Lake County comes away with anything less than a silver ball this year some changes need to be made...

Couldn't agree with you more Tarpit. I actually got to watch Lake County and North Greene both play last year and you talk about 2 good basketball teams. I will go out on a limb and yes I know its early but make a little final four prediction.

Lake County- in my opinion the most athletic team out of the bunch with one of the top 5 players in single A TT Flowers look for Lake County to be back once again just falling short last year to North Greene.the only knack I see with Lake County is they struggle shooting the outside shot.

Clay County- Joe Simms has a very talented group of Seniors to work with this year and they are very guard oriented that can kill you from the outside.They are very diciplined both offensively and defensively. They return standout players such as Sydney Roach,Emma Ogletree,Mckenzie Hamilton,Allie Brown and Casey Cooper.

Cloudland- It was a good summer for Cloudland especially when they heard the news that highly recruited D1 prospect Brooke Rhodes was transferring to Cloudland.With every starter and reserve returning including a pair of talented Sophmores Courtney Wilson and Courtney Clarke look for Cloudland to make alot of noise in Murfreesboro.

Jackson County- After losing to Loretto in last years State Championship the lady devils will be out for revenge this year returning every starter including Senior standout Caroline Warden,6'4 Mckenzie Hensley and a very good Junior in Jaycee Coe.

Jackson County is deffinitely my pick to win it this year in 2012.

Jackson County-58

Cloudland-55