Smyrna @ Brentwood

milo118

Smyrna coming off a heartbreaker to BGA looking to make up for a lossed opportunity. While Brentwood is coming off a so-so win against Cookeville. Both teams have something to prove still. Smyrna will have to corect the small things in practice this week. That shouldnt be a problem. Will probably enter the game with a chip on their shoulder. As for Brentwood, dont know much about them. Saw some of the game against Cookeville on TV Thursday. Didnt see much to get excited about. Could have been first game jitters. Did notice a nice running back and as always the linebackers were pretty good. My gut tells me that Smyrna gets it done here 28-10. Go Dawgs!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start of this game will be crucial. If Brentwood gets off to fast start, doubt will creep into the mind of the Smyrna players and Brentwood will go on to win 21-14. If Smyrna starts off fast, Smyrna will go on to win 28-14. I say Smyrna starts fast and gets the win.

All good points. But remember BGA had Smyrna down twice by double digits and they brought it back twice to tie it up. Should be a great game. Bruins are always well coached and show great discipline. Always like it when the Bulldogs visit the Bruins. Great atmosphere. Cant wait until Friday night.

Smyrna coming off a heartbreaker to BGA looking to make up for a lossed opportunity. While Brentwood is coming off a so-so win against Cookeville. Both teams have something to prove still. Smyrna will have to corect the small things in practice this week. That shouldnt be a problem. Will probably enter the game with a chip on their shoulder. As for Brentwood, dont know much about them. Saw some of the game against Cookeville on TV Thursday. Didnt see much to get excited about. Could have been first game jitters. Did notice a nice running back and as always the linebackers were pretty good. My gut tells me that Smyrna gets it done here 28-10. Go Dawgs!!!

I agree with your post.

Edited by JMRANGER

Brentwood is overrated. I know that b/c that's my team! Murphy Fair Coach's Poll & AP both have them at # 7 in the state and that's way too high. Too many things left to prove. But... the MOST overrated team in the state is Smyrna. They lost all of their playmakers from last year. Can't see any reason to have them ranked # 2. Nevertheless, I'm surprised to see that they lost to BGA. Brentwood has the edge here because it's a home game and they've done a a better job protecting the football (so far). Have to think that the BHS rookie QB should be a little more relaxed & confident than Smyrna's rookie QB. Don't forget... no matter how fired up Smyrna will be coming off a loss where they were expected to win, Brentwood is equally motivated by two losses to Smyrna last year.

Defensively anytime you prepare for Brentwood you have your work cut of for you. You better be sound on defense. You can't gamble much and blitz or you will get burned. I was correct when I picked BGA last week but I'm going to go with the Bulldogs. I believe they bounce back with a W. My only concern is all those big boys going both ways for the Bulldogs. That is a huge factor in the second half. Smyrna needs to build some depth there throughout the season. Should be a great game. Discipline vs. Speed. No outcome in this game will surprise me

Smyrna is the better team. However, Bruins win this one. Milo, I hope I am wrong.

Brentwood is over rated by Murphy Un-Fair, but that guy is stupid.

Brentwood wins. Smyrna's young team and weak coaching staff will have trouble away from home.

*Some of the Smyrna players did not seem very upset about the loss last week when I saw them all crunked-up at the Waffle House late Friday Night/Saturday Morning.

Might be wrong - I picked the home dogs and was wrong last week.

Brentwood is overrated. I know that b/c that's my team! Murphy Fair Coach's Poll & AP both have them at # 7 in the state and that's way too high. Too many things left to prove. But... the MOST overrated team in the state is Smyrna. They lost all of their playmakers from last year. Can't see any reason to have them ranked # 2. Nevertheless, I'm surprised to see that they lost to BGA. Brentwood has the edge here because it's a home game and they've done a a better job protecting the football (so far). Have to think that the BHS rookie QB should be a little more relaxed & confident than Smyrna's rookie QB. Don't forget... no matter how fired up Smyrna will be coming off a loss where they were expected to win, Brentwood is equally motivated by two losses to Smyrna last year.

Smyrna's rookie qb looked pretty calm under pressure during the forth qtr comeback. I think he is up for the task.

As an interested but "retired" Bruin fan, I watched the game in Cookeville from my usual sideline position. We are young, young, young, young, and young. Cookeville is ....... well lets put it this way: "At this point in the season, they have a long way to go". I think our JV team could have beaten them.

Due to this, it is way too early to call the Bruins a sure winner over Smyrna. They have to make big improvement on offense as they are going to see a different level of team speed.

One thing to consider. Kicking game is really solid between Alt and England. They did a great job.

My money's on Coach Crawford and da Bruins but only by a prepubescent chest hair.

:rolleyes:

As an interested but "retired" Bruin fan, I watched the game in Cookeville from my usual sideline position. We are young, young, young, young, and young. Cookeville is ....... well lets put it this way: "At this point in the season, they have a long way to go". I think our JV team could have beaten them.

Due to this, it is way too early to call the Bruins a sure winner over Smyrna. They have to make big improvement on offense as they are going to see a different level of team speed.

One thing to consider. Kicking game is really solid between Alt and England. They did a great job.

My money's on Coach Crawford and da Bruins but only by a prepubescent chest hair.

:rolleyes:

Smyrna lost to A pretty good BGA team as a result of mistakes from a lack of concentration. Bulldogs have

the speed and tallent to hang with anybody in the state . Just have to keep their heads in the game !