LaVergne@WilsonCentral

gobigblue86

I think a lot of questions will be answered in this one. #1 Is LaVergne as good as the 31-0 victory over Antioch may lead people to believe? #2, what will WC's close loss to Gallatin’s depleted team due to week 0 suspensions really mean?

Me personally, I don’t look too much into either of them. I don’t know much about WC but I do know that LaVergne showed me a little something last Friday. I saw a game that could have easily been 49-0 or 56-0. Lavergne RB’s were very “shifty†and very close to breaking a lot of big runs on Antioch. LaVergne’s OL was not dominating but did a nice job and QB, (Bills) confidences improved throughout the game. However, to me, LaVergne’s defense was the biggest surprise. They were dominating! Not sure how many 1st down Antioch had but it was not many. They were 3 and out most of the night. LaVergne was flying to the football and unlike last year, they were a good tackling team.

It should be fun this Friday. I love the atmosphere at WC. It’s a fun place to watch HS football. I look for LaVergne to get win.

I think a lot of questions will be answered in this one. #1 Is LaVergne as good as the 31-0 victory over Antioch may lead people to believe? #2, what will WC's close loss to Gallatin’s depleted team due to week 0 suspensions really mean?

Me personally, I don’t look too much into either of them. I don’t know much about WC but I do know that LaVergne showed me a little something last Friday. I saw a game that could have easily been 49-0 or 56-0. Lavergne RB’s were very “shifty†and very close to breaking a lot of big runs on Antioch. LaVergne’s OL was not dominating but did a nice job and QB, (Bills) confidences improved throughout the game. However, to me, LaVergne’s defense was the biggest surprise. They were dominating! Not sure how many 1st down Antioch had but it was not many. They were 3 and out most of the night. LaVergne was flying to the football and unlike last year, they were a good tackling team.

It should be fun this Friday. I love the atmosphere at WC. It’s a fun place to watch HS football. I look for LaVergne to get win.

I would say that coming off such a dominating win over a powerhouse Antioch squad will mean an easy win over Wilson Central. The "kitties" were beaten easily by the depleted Gallatin JV team. There is really only one team in Wilson County and that is my MJ Bears. Lavergne will win going away..........28 - 0.

go Bears

I would say that coming off such a dominating win over a powerhouse Antioch squad will mean an easy win over Wilson Central. The "kitties" were beaten easily by the depleted Gallatin JV team. There is really only one team in Wilson County and that is my MJ Bears. Lavergne will win going away..........28 - 0.

go Bears

I would hope you were being sarcastic calling Antioch a “Powerhouseâ€. They had some athletes on their squad but a “Powerhouse†they were/are not.

Surprised no one from WC has jump on here. I’d like to hear you thoughts, even if it just to let us know what’s good at the concession stand. Well, I think I know that already.

Wilson Central has an excellent D. They did play a depleated Gallatin team but the stats showed that WC dominated every facet of the game but the most important one....the score. This has been the issue for the past three years or so. The D can play with a lot of really good teams but the offense cannot seem to find the endzone quite enough. With the exception of just a couple of games last year WC has been competative with the big boys in 9AAA. They were blown out by Beech and Station Camp last year but had a chance to beat Gallatin, Hendersonville, MJ, and Portland going into the 4th quarter and did manage to get wins over Lebanon and Station Camp. Lack of depth could be a problem for the wildcats this season but Gallatin was only able to muster a handful of first downs last week. 13 of their 20 points came from blocking two punts. WC has a sophmore qb on offense but they run the ball very well. The middle of the D is stacked with a huge nose guard and a great linebacking core. Friday's game should be a good one. Lavergn's offense against the D of WC. If your heading over there for the game I suggest you get there early unless you want to have to hike to the field parking is awful. The concession stand usually has some great cheeseburgers, and the nacho's aren't bad either. :thumb:

Wilson Central has an excellent D. They did play a depleated Gallatin team but the stats showed that WC dominated every facet of the game but the most important one....the score. This has been the issue for the past three years or so. The D can play with a lot of really good teams but the offense cannot seem to find the endzone quite enough. With the exception of just a couple of games last year WC has been competative with the big boys in 9AAA. They were blown out by Beech and Station Camp last year but had a chance to beat Gallatin, Hendersonville, MJ, and Portland going into the 4th quarter and did manage to get wins over Lebanon and Station Camp. Lack of depth could be a problem for the wildcats this season but Gallatin was only able to muster a handful of first downs last week. 13 of their 20 points came from blocking two punts. WC has a sophmore qb on offense but they run the ball very well. The middle of the D is stacked with a huge nose guard and a great linebacking core. Friday's game should be a good one. Lavergn's offense against the D of WC. If your heading over there for the game I suggest you get there early unless you want to have to hike to the field parking is awful. The concession stand usually has some great cheeseburgers, and the nacho's aren't bad either. :thumb:

Thanks for the info on the WC squad. Should be fun tonight. I will be there early!!!

Game Day!!!

GO BIG BLUE!

Is Willie Cowan out for tonight? That may hurt the overall speed of this team. Even so, Rines come out fired up and stake a lead early. A chance to go 2-0 would be big. Good luck Wolverines!!!!

He gave it a go but was not healthy. He played 3 or 4 plays but didn’t have it.

WC had 14 point in the 1st quarter off 2 LaVergne turnovers. A fumble in on LHS's side of the field lead to a early TD and a blocked punt inside the LaVergne 15 for another. It was 14-0 real quick. Lavergne settled in and played good defense the rest of the way. Offence kind of struggled a bit with turnovers but made some big plays when the needed to. JT Taylor had a nice game with a 97 yard kickoff return and 95 yards rushing and a 25 yard TD run in the 4th to put them ahead. Need to clean a few things up this week in practice, get some folks healthy if LaVergne wants to keep this going and get a 7-AAA win over Oakland.

Edited by gobigblue86