Tennessee Wrestling Federation Annual Board Meeting

trickk

TWF/USAW Annual Board Meeting

Saturday September 10th 9AM-2PM

Nashville TN (Location TBA)

Hello,

I hope everyone had a great and productive summer! I would like to take this time to invite everyone to our annual Tennessee Wrestling Federation organizational meeting on Sept 10th. The purpose of this meeting is to conduct our planning for the 2011-2012 season. It will include discussion and decisions on a variety of topics involving cheduling, budgeting, national teams, marketing, promotion, as well as, other items. We have had limited support towards our organization in the past. We as a board, have put in ountless hours and efforts to provide a USA Wrestling product to the state of Tennessee. We feel we are making great strides forward but need additional help. In order to help this state grow in the sport of amateur wrestling, we need people involved. I strongly encourage all current club members, parents, leaders, TSSAA coaches, and anyone else with an interest, to attend this meeting.

We are very excited about the upcoming year!

Discussion Topics for 2011-2012 Season:

• USA Wrestling Annual Leadership Summit Review (New Policies for 2011-12 season from our governing body)

• TWF New clubs adoption and training tools provided by USAW

• USA Wrestling State Wide Development

• Scheduling (State wide and discussion to bid for South East Regions to be in

Nashville)

• Financial / Budgeting / Fund Raising

• National Teams

• *** Dead Period (USAW Defeated the state of FL with regard to dead periods and its view of Freestyle and Greco Roman Wrestling. As with the TSSAA FL had very strict guidelines and did not view Freestyle and Greco as a different sport. USAW overcame this and won the lawsuit. We now have precedence and also Legal representation from USAW to approach the TSSAA about adopting new policy)

• Elections of Board

Where: Nashville (TBA on TennWrestling.com)

Time: 9 AM - 2 PM

If you have a desire to see wrestling progress in this state we need your involvement. Please join us in developing wrestling throughout the state of TN, your input and contributions are enthusiastically welcomed.

If you have any questions or if we could help in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me. See you the 10th!

Mike Hatcher

State Chairman

Tennessee Wrestling Federation

423-303-0760

coachhatcher@gmail.com

Tel. 423-303-0760

Tel. 615-498-0700