Cannon Co. 0-2 @ Dekalb Co. 2-0

BigBody

Well, we could start right here. If you " covet" MY respect

your " coveting" is skewed. I'll let you tell me. In the world of high school sports, (that is what we are talking about) when people mention DC, what comes to mind 1st? Why?

why don't you tell all of us "genius" ? you're the one that is talking about earning respect but offering no specifics. just because a High School has excelled in other sports in the past , but starts to succeed in another sport is no reason not to respect them. If anything it makes that school a more well rounded school and encourages their students to try and excel at more than one thing. my advice to everyone that reads termites msg's is to remember what a termite does in its lifespan- it bores into something, starts eating away, and destroys what it comes into contact with. I've given you plenty of reasons why we should be respected, give us at least one why we should respect your opinion.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ole Johnny.......That may be one of the dumbest things, I have ever seen you put on coach t....And there has been plenty of retarded things come out of your mouth...If you truly felt this way, maybe you could have mentioned something to coach bernie about the way his kids played after the game while you were hugging him..Not be, a spineless, fair weathered cannon county usual....You and I both know, nobody will ever care about the kids more than Bernie...and if you truly think, that he would say, hey lets hurt these kids that i love..."play dirty" , you are truly a moron. Johnny, you don't know football,you don't have any kids left playing ball, you're a middle age man trying to live a dream....and your offensive guru of a head coach, got shut down....put six on the board with the omg "tony franklin system"....Sure is tough to win ball games, when your 2,000 a year in dues system fails you....End of season, Joel chucks up the deuces, and Knox and the hiring committee will try to lure someone in to taking the worst job in the state....Good Luck the rest of the year :)

Could you not even attempt to come up with a name on your own?

So jock supporter (as in supporting athletics)where have you been??? Sounds like you should change the CCHS to DCHS????

If i'm not mistaking we (CCHS) took the Franklin system to the playoffs the first year we got Shrienk shoved down our throats.....OH by the way that's the LAST year we had "Bernie as our DC" !!!!! Some coaches can make a difference, OPEN your eyes and look what the OLE man has done in DC in a few months???? Be happy you have Bernie and a winning team and please stay off this forum, you don't do yourself any favors (in the intelligence department) when you post!!!!!!!

YOU WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH DEFENSE (NET THE SCORE 56-6) AND PRETTY SAD ON YOU AND BERNIE'S PART FOR KEEPING THE MAJORITY OF YOUR STARTERS IN UNTIL THE END OF THE GAME....that is the only part of the game I'm disappointed in....Bernie has more class than that.....But it is a Rivalry game...so it is what it is!!!!!

Please tell me what the franklin system has done since the year of the playoff run? 1-19 ? Pretty good stats....Thats what you get when you hire a guy with a 3-17 record...And just for the record, you take Bernie out of the equations during the playoff run, you don't have key contributors, (bubba or emby) "the bernie boys" ... They hated Shrenk...

Once again you have shown your inability to Read....I believe i stated you win championships with DEFENSE....and learn to read between the lines (if you have that ability).....i don't like the FRANKLIN system either, butThere are a lot of people in Cannon County who still miss "Bernie".....

1-19 , our season isn't over yet...we have opportuinties to win a couple of games

WE KNOW SHRIENK'S RECORD....WE KNOW THE KIDS DON'T RESPOND TO HIM LIKE THEY DID TO BERNIE....WE KNOW HE HAS A COACH WHO IS ASSISTING HIM MAKING OFFENSIVE CALLS WHO HAS NEVER STEP FOOT ON A FOOTBALL FIELD WITH PADS ON!!!!!!!(OR AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE SAY ON THE SIDELINES AND THE STANDS)....WHAT WE DON'T KNOW IS HOW OUR SCHOOL ADMINASTRATION CAN'T SEE WHAT THE FANS AND SUPPORTERS SEE.....

My fault on missing the defensive statement, I'm currently getting ready for a ball game myself....Believe it or not, as "unintelligent" as I seem , I am a college coordinator. And, Shrenk does not have help calling plays. He may have somebody in the booth, but Shrenk is calling plays, no question in my mind. On other note, I am sorry....But Cannon doesn't win a game all year. If they win a game p spy, I owe ya a dr. pepper. And the administration is still blinded by that one good year, and may I add, any other school in the state 6-5 isn't an amazing year, we go 6-5 where I am at, I get fired. No questions asked.

and CC played a clean game??your forgetting (or just omitting information to make Dekalb look bad) about the 3 leading with the helmet penalties against CC. by the way , we did have a personal foul for leading with the helmet ONCE, not a spearing and leading with the helmet. and as for the roughing the passer, we had a kid make a mistake. he wasn't on a contracted "hit" from Bernie to go after the quarterback like you would have people believe. if he got there about 1 1/2 seconds earlier it would have been a sack but I guess you wouldn't want people to hear that so you could look better with your comment. there were mistakes made on both sides , but I think the personal fouls were more on CC's side than ours if you want everyone to know the truth. typical sore loser.

I dont really agree with the roughing the passer call, the ball was intercepted so the QB is now a defender so he should allowed to be blocked, but for the rest of the game ive never seen so many leading with the helmet, spearing, horse collar tackles in my life for both teams, i think the refs were trying to make a statement and be sure to keep the game in control

Your road to earn respect goes through Carthage on September 16th, after that night get back on here and tell us about your respect!!! it's easy to make it to the playoff's when your district only has two (2) 4A class teams. The easy road, the remainging teams have a little harder time and more opponents to get to the playoffs. So go think about what you post on these pages before you start touting how great your team is....

DeKalb just now moved down to this region 3 years ago, they actually use to be in a really tough powerhouse region, in which they did make the playoffs, so maybe you should think about your post before you start touting

DeKalb just now moved down to this region 3 years ago, they actually use to be in a really tough powerhouse region, in which they did make the playoffs, so maybe you should think about your post before you start touting

He may signal in the plays... My Linebackers coach sends in my plays. It's less we have to do, gives us more time to concentrate on other things. P Spy, you tell me who you are, and i'll happily send you drills or tips...heck, i'll even thrown in a copy of my playbook :)

I've been saying for the last two years if we had this region with the 08 team we would've been undefeated. We had some real powerhouses and even non district teams were good teams and we still went 8-2. Also, it's off the point, but I'm really looking forward to that Carthage game. If both Smith and DeKalb win next week, then it'll make for an interesting situation. Both teams will meet sitting at 4-0, and both teams will have just played the same team that the other played in week 0 (being White County and Warren County.) They also will have 3 common opponents if you count DC scrimmaging Gville the week before the season. Could be a really good game. I know the quality of opponents DeKalb has faced isn't amazing, but numbers don't lie. They are doing very well this year and the way Smith Co. has played they are showing promise, while not as explosive as last year. I think it will be a great game in Carthage.

Guest Termite

why don't you tell all of us "genius" ? you're the one that is talking about earning respect but offering no specifics. just because a High School has excelled in other sports in the past , but starts to succeed in another sport is no reason not to respect them. If anything it makes that school a more well rounded school and encourages their students to try and excel at more than one thing. my advice to everyone that reads termites msg's is to remember what a termite does in its lifespan- it bores into something, starts eating away, and destroys what it comes into contact with. I've given you plenty of reasons why we should be respected, give us at least one why we should respect your opinion.

Genius? ?? Well, I must have garnered your respect.

Respect - admiration - awe- noteworthy - fear. Just some of my definitions.Specific enough? Your definition is " well rounded". I never said anything about character of the students or people there. I thought this was a football thread. In conversations about HS football you may be right. People probably say, well, at least DC is a "well rounded " school.

I've been saying for the last two years if we had this region with the 08 team we would've been undefeated. We had some real powerhouses and even non district teams were good teams and we still went 8-2. Also, it's off the point, but I'm really looking forward to that Carthage game. If both Smith and DeKalb win next week, then it'll make for an interesting situation. Both teams will meet sitting at 4-0, and both teams will have just played the same team that the other played in week 0 (being White County and Warren County.) They also will have 3 common opponents if you count DC scrimmaging Gville the week before the season. Could be a really good game. I know the quality of opponents DeKalb has faced isn't amazing, but numbers don't lie. They are doing very well this year and the way Smith Co. has played they are showing promise, while not as explosive as last year. I think it will be a great game in Carthage.

I think even the termite can agree with this post :thumb:

Gave you the opportunity to respond to me a couple of post ago.....just e-mail me and i will make sure the information you pass on gets to the right defensive person on the CC staff....

Not worth my time P Spy... You've got a defensive guru as a HC....You don't need me. For your sake P Spy, I hope Cannon sneaks out a win this year, but I don't see it happening. Shrenk heads back to Alabama, takes an OC job at Austin.

Your road to earn respect goes through Carthage on September 16th, after that night get back on here and tell us about your respect!!! it's easy to make it to the playoff's when your district only has two (2) 4A class teams. The easy road, the remainging teams have a little harder time and more opponents to get to the playoffs. So go think about what you post on these pages before you start touting how great your team is....

what I was saying is that its not only our win/loss but also how our young men conduct themselves with respect to each other as well as opponents, also how the parents and fans respect that our players play their hardest and also respect the other teams WIN OR LOSE...I'm not going to lie and say that I hope we don't beat Smith County..I hope we do because we all respect Smith County and the outstanding program they have every year..they are the one's to beat year in and year out but if we lose to them then we lost to the best so none of us are going to be ashamed of that and we aren't going to disrespect them but we sure don't deserve to be disrespected either..the season is not over I understand but your misguided attempts to bad mouth Dekalb will probably only impress you and your friends...i will tout how great our team is because only folks from here know how our players , coaches and fans are..BTW before you skew anything I have said in any of my posts- I have never said that our team is great,I said that we are finally having success in our football program. - Also have never said we will beat Smith County, only that I hope that we do because we respect them..- Also we respect all the teams we play and enjoy the competition..guess I put alot of thought into this post so thanks for the advice..I'm done with you

Edited by kdog291